Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2016, 11:59 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
keep believing that way, hows that workin for ya?
yanno what I'd do if I were in charge...all those people who were rioting, jumping up and down on cars...and setting fires to their own neighborhoods, I'd tell the national guards to shoot on sight, anyone who is doing so....
Works great for me. I treat people with respect and they treat me with respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 12:49 PM

19,051 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Scandinavian countries have pretty lax laws and they have the lowest crime rates in the world.

They also have relatively luxurious prisons and jails where prisoners are treated nicely, yet their recidivism rate is also among the lowest.
Worst comparison region for the US, on every level, is the Scandinavian nations. They are nearly the most homogenous group of nations in the world. Nations with higher homogeneity and less diversity come out on top regarding many data points specifically for that reason.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:50 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,653,622 times
Quote:
A white cop calling African American suspects animals and heathens and a bunch of white folks applauding that. Nope, nothing wrong with that at all.
BINGO!!! Now we know why you have a problem with this officer. It's all because he is white. Why is this a racial thing for you? Would you have the same problem if the suspects were white?

The black suspect ARE heathens and thugs............ they are criminals. It seems you don't have much experience in the real world. The people who live or have lived in these communities you speak of will let you know what the reality is and it's not what you think.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Criminals will not treat you with respect. Are you 12?

Old 02-24-2016, 12:52 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Quote:
Treat people like animals and they will behave like animals.

Good point, but I think you need to live in the thick of the hood on the West side of Chicago for a month or two (if you make it that long) and then we'll see if your perspective doesn't change a tad. I think your heart is in the right place but sorry, you're clueless. I think that's the mentality that sheriff was referring to.

BTW: My educated, decent, hard working black friends want nothing to do with hood rat animals either

Old 02-24-2016, 12:54 PM

The countries with the highest homicide rate in the world have homogenous populations. These include Honduras, El Salvador, Jamaica, Guatemala, Venezuela, Trinidad and Tobago. These are some of the most violent countries on the planet.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
BINGO!!! Now we know why you have a problem with this officer. It's all because he is white. Why is this a racial thing for you? Would you have the same problem if the suspects were white?

The black suspect ARE heathens and thugs............ they are criminals. It seems you don't have much experience in the real world. The people who live or have lived in these communities you speak of will let you know what the reality is and it's not what you think.
I have no problem with the officer being white. He would be just as much of a dumbazz if he was black. Being white and calling them animals and heathens just adds to the problem

Old 02-24-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Criminals will not treat you with respect. Are you 12?
Are you me? No you are not. So you have no idea who treats me with respect.

Old 02-24-2016, 01:09 PM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
yes, but the fact of the matter is, criminals have no respect....

You see, if one respects themselves, they possess respect for others...but criminals have no respect, which is what we see when people start to riot....breaking storefront windows and stealing anything they can...

they are animals....they don't care about anyone else, it's just about them....

respect has to be earned...

Old 02-24-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Are you me? No you are not. So you have no idea who treats me with respect.
I'm old enough to know that criminals do not treat you with respect. Your idea that if you're just nicer to them and they will stop their misbehaving is becoming almost entertaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events