Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 09:04 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,613,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
And the last line of the story, writing about the mother: "Haney is expected to have another baby next month."

Sometimes all you want to do is scream.
And force adoptions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 09:18 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,711,196 times
I am confused how a 3 yr old managed to climb into a washer. Maybe she was playing hide and seek. My 18 month old nephews are aware of dangerous situation on their own. they cautiously take small step in uneven surface & when going up/down stairs. If 18 months old can understand safe vs. unsafe situation, wouldn't 3 year old be pro at it. again unless she was playing. My washer is not deep enough for a 3 year old

Feel bad for the family and the girl.

Old 08-02-2016, 09:40 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,296 times
From her pics on FB, she obviously didn't spend much time in jail.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:15 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,884,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
I am confused how a 3 yr old managed to climb into a washer. Maybe she was playing hide and seek. My 18 month old nephews are aware of dangerous situation on their own. they cautiously take small step in uneven surface & when going up/down stairs. If 18 months old can understand safe vs. unsafe situation, wouldn't 3 year old be pro at it. again unless she was playing. My washer is not deep enough for a 3 year old

Feel bad for the family and the girl.
Some kids are cautious and some are much more daring. In the story they have it a bit normalized that they would help with laundry so she was up there sometimes pulling laundry out. I didn't have a huge washer but both my kids could have fit at age 3, but they were on the small side. When the lid comes down and its switched on, the lid locks. What a horrible thing to happy to that precious child.

All and all, she looked loved and cared for in general.

Old 08-02-2016, 11:09 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
As for "Facebook stalking," sorry if I'm nit-picking. I don't get that term. To me all anyone has done is look up a person's page, how is that "stalking?" Now making too many judgments about a person based on it is one thing, only someone who knows the person in real life can make the most accurate judgments, but where I come from looking up someone's page is hardly "stalking."
It's a common phrase, no need to overanalyze it.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:38 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafood Junky View Post
Reminds me of when I was a kid, used to hide in the dryer while playing Hide and Seek... I thought how fun it was when it would spin a bit. I never closed the dryer door (all the way)...
My cat accidentally took a dryer spin once. He used to like to hang out in there and the kids kept leaving the door open. Mercifully, I was there to hear the thuds, so he only did two revolutions.

He came out all staticky.

Back to topic: this is one of those deaths, that to me, are so horrific that I don't have adequate words to express myself. That poor baby. The standard thing is to say "my condolences to the family" but I'm not thinking of the family.

Can you imagine being locked into a tight space, in the dark, and being scalded? Absolutely horrific.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:57 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Its so easy to think in black and white here. I do think we should reserve our judgement. I stalked her FB page today. I expected to see a super self absorbed mom. I didn't. She seemed to love her girls. Cherished them, even. She did seem to have problems. But you could tell her daughters were the light of her life. She has a stable relationship. And she disputes what the articles say about her.

She doesn't take responsibility. She doesn't seem to think she will be in trouble in the long run. She feels it was a terrible accident.

I don't know. I am a good judge of character. I think this mom leaves a lot to be desired. But I think part of this is a scape goat mission.

I could be wrong.
So we should believe everything people say on Facebook? Someone posts some nice pictures of their kids and say they adore them, and therefore there is no neglect?

Of course she doesn't take any responsibility.

She should be devastated with grief and guilt(God, what a horrific death being scaled), from you say she talks all about herself. How she doesn't take responsibility, how she won't be in trouble, she feels it was a terrible accident....SHE, SHE, SHE....how about that poor child?

I can't even imagine posting on Facebook after something like this, more like being curled up in a ball unable to function.

But in todays narcissistic all about me world, many only focus on themselves.

Let's see she is having yet another kid with this guy who she isn't married to. The reason they're not married is she can get more welfare that way.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:00 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
In Canada that set of facts would result in two things.....

Remaining kids removed by Children's Aid, and the "mother " charged with criminal negligence , causing death. Justice would be done.

Jim B.
Well you see in the United States we reward people like this with benefits and entitlements.

I know a few Canadians, and they're liberal on many issues, and like the govt. healthcare system they have.

What they all told me is they don't get why slackers are allowed to leech off the system in the United States. That doesn't fly in Canada.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:15 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,884,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
So we should believe everything people say on Facebook? Someone posts some nice pictures of their kids and say they adore them, and therefore there is no neglect?

Of course she doesn't take any responsibility.

She should be devastated with grief and guilt(God, what a horrific death being scaled), from you say she talks all about herself. How she doesn't take responsibility, how she won't be in trouble, she feels it was a terrible accident....SHE, SHE, SHE....how about that poor child?

I can't even imagine posting on Facebook after something like this, more like being curled up in a ball unable to function.

This happened almost a year ago. So people spend the rest of their life curled up in a ball after losing a child

But in todays narcissistic all about me world, many only focus on themselves.

Let's see she is having yet another kid with this guy who she isn't married to. The reason they're not married is she can get more welfare that way.
I was just sharing my impression. When first reading it I saw her as the devil and as I thought about it I realized there might be some shades of grey in there.

How do you know she is on welfare or the reason why she isn't married to her boyfriend?

Old 08-02-2016, 01:42 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228

I feel sorry for today's children.
Ya so do I.... More than you know!!!

Anyone who brings a baby into this rotton world now IS SELFISH AND UNCARING!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events