Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2016, 03:07 PM

1,166 posts, read 755,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Have you never been to a public pool or water park? They're not just for the physically fit...

I have been to plenty of public pools and waterparks. I even worked for a few years in my youth as a lifeguard at a public pool. Not once have I seen a 275 lb woman riding a waterslide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 03:15 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,558,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
I have been to plenty of public pools and waterparks. I even worked for a few years in my youth as a lifeguard at a public pool. Not once have I seen a 275 lb woman riding a waterslide.
Apparently, you don't watch "Honey Boo-Boo" (Honey's mom, June).

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainm...-slide-2012308

Old 08-16-2016, 03:43 PM

35,063 posts, read 31,284,584 times
Quote:
Weight limit on many is around 300 lbs. They could probably support quite a bit more realistically.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:17 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,368,374 times
Even if the weight limit was met, the "restraints" did not do their job, and many stated they malfunctioned. Completely unacceptable. And I'm totally rolling my eyes at park officials trying to blame this poor boy, that he *must* have disobeyed the rules during the ride. Anything to avoid blame and the consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
It's easy to be generous with other people's money.

My personal preference is for direct cremation, but at any rate...

Most RESPONSIBLE middle-class working people have an emergency fund.
Or life insurance. I've said the same every time these donation pages are started for people who likely would, or should, have life insurance. And yes, even for kids. This isn't some average middle-class family. He's a politician, a representative, so he's no regular Joe going without or struggling.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:56 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Even if the weight limit was met, the "restraints" did not do their job, and many stated they malfunctioned. Completely unacceptable. And I'm totally rolling my eyes at park officials trying to blame this poor boy, that he *must* have disobeyed the rules during the ride. Anything to avoid blame and the consequences.

Or life insurance. I've said the same every time these donation pages are started for people who likely would, or should, have life insurance. And yes, even for kids. This isn't some average middle-class family. He's a politician, a representative, so he's no regular Joe going without or struggling.
Life insurance for children is pretty much a waste of money. It's widely viewed as a bad idea.

Should You Buy Life Insurance for Your Kids? | Fox Business

For no more than a funeral costs, it's a bit ridiculous for that family to need a Go-Fund-me page.

Old 08-16-2016, 05:01 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
The kid got his head cut off and you people are discussing his go fund me page and lack of life insurance ? Priorities. I see where they lie.

Old 08-16-2016, 05:03 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,882,691 times
Quote:
That makes a lot more sense to me. Not trying to be offensive to anyone but how likely is it that a 197 lb and/or a 275 lb woman is going to walk around in public wearing a bathing suit?
Are you kidding me? Why wouldn't they? And have you been to a water park?? It is filled with people of all shapes and sizes...many of them proudly wearing their swim suits...taking advantage of life and not hiding in a corner. Wow

Old 08-16-2016, 05:07 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
The kid got his head cut off and you people are discussing his go fund me page and lack of life insurance ? Priorities. I see where they lie.
You may discuss whatever you like. I was responding to the post. The accident itself is old news now.

Old 08-16-2016, 05:11 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,882,691 times
Quote:
I have been at a waterpark every day for the past 4 days and I have seen a lot of larger people riding slides. Even thrill ride ones. I cant guess their weight, but would guess close to 300 for some of them.

Old 08-16-2016, 06:09 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post

Giving money to loved ones following a death has happened for centuries. Again, its a way for people to show support to those who are grieving.

And no, not everyone thinks to have life insurance for their child in case of an unforeseen death. If the family's friends, loved ones and even strangers want to give to the grieving family, what business is of anyone's but the people directly involved???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events