Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 06:22 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm0484 View Post
I was 5'10" and 225 lbs at my heaviest, and bursting out of a size 22. I am now at 175, wear a size 14 , and feel much, much better. I did not think that I could ever lose weight. The biggest help to me was portion control. I take my meals in a small bowl. I "splurge" with a Mickey D's meal of a small cheeseburger plain, small fries, and a small shake once in a great while. It helped also that hubby and I moved to a big house with lots of yard work to do. Oh, and I retired, which took me away from unhealthy food at work.

Try to exercise more, and change your environment. Go to the library, volunteer, take walks (a dog helps with that), and otherwise lose your focus on food. If you fall off the wagon, climb back on. The wagon is waiting for you, remember this. Picture a patient driver with an old straw hat, sitting on an old fashioned wagon with a horse....

If you drink lots of water, you will also feel full. It also helps that your husband is losing weight, however the method, because he is not an enabler of your weight status.

When you start to lose weight, your diabetes will also be helped.

Look for changes to your routine - these changes are most important factor in your weight loss.

I sincerely wish you luck in trying to lose weight; you can do this!

I fell off 4 days ago & your visual is helping me. THANK YOU.

When I fell off I started thinking "You stupid fat a**; why even bother."

Old 09-11-2016, 02:05 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,039 times
If she wants to be fat then let her. What is it hurting any of us?

Old 09-11-2016, 02:34 AM

125 posts, read 64,401 times
Eat up girl.

Old 09-11-2016, 02:35 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
If she wants to be fat then let her. What is it hurting any of us?
When she has a medical crisis (and it's coming) and emergency folk have to break down walls in order to get her out of the house, our tax dollars at work. Does she have private healthcare (doubtful)? If not, another way it affects all of us. The fact that she and boyfriend want to bring children into this situation, nature has taken care of that, no way can she carry a pregnancy. What makes me sick is not that she's overweight, plenty of people are and even when it's due to poor choices in general this is different because she and BF are doing this 100% deliberately. Seeing him feed her the way geese are fed in order to cultivate foie gras is disgusting. And having said all of that, personally knowing so many people who are currently fighting for their lives due to illnesses beyond their control, to see someone intentionally make themselves ill is just too much for me to (no pun) stomach.

Old 09-11-2016, 03:11 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,104,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
When she has a medical crisis (and it's coming) and emergency folk have to break down walls in order to get her out of the house, our tax dollars at work. Does she have private healthcare (doubtful)? If not, another way it affects all of us. The fact that she and boyfriend want to bring children into this situation, nature has taken care of that, no way can she carry a pregnancy. What makes me sick is not that she's overweight, plenty of people are and even when it's due to poor choices in general this is different because she and BF are doing this 100% deliberately. Seeing him feed her the way geese are fed in order to cultivate foie gras is disgusting. And having said all of that, personally knowing so many people who are currently fighting for their lives due to illnesses beyond their control, to see someone intentionally make themselves ill is just too much for me to (no pun) stomach.
Exactly. I wouldn't care if their actions actually had no socio-economic consequences. But they do, and since I am a tax payer and my taxes go partly to help fund the effort to remedy the consequences, I have the right to fat shame them and criticize them for their grotesque and idiotic choices.

Old 09-11-2016, 03:44 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Exactly. I wouldn't care if their actions actually had no socio-economic consequences. But they do, and since I am a tax payer and my taxes go partly to help fund the effort to remedy the consequences, I have the right to fat shame them and criticize them for their grotesque and idiotic choices.
For the record, I'm not fat shaming her. This is so far beyond that. I am, like you, criticizing grotesque and idiotic choices. There are plenty of morbidly obese people in this world who might contribute to their own condition out of ignorance, fear, emotional issues...but they don't have the goal of being completely incapacitated. What the hell kind of goal is that? She's obviously sick, physically and mentally, he is too.

Old 09-11-2016, 04:46 AM

4,938 posts, read 3,313,142 times
I did not read the complete thread but looking at the list mentioning what she eats. She eats very nutrition poor. Where are the fruits, vegetables, fish, poultry, eggs etc? She must have a nutrition deficiency eating the foods she eats. Being so deficient in nutrients I think her brain might not be functioning well because of lack of fresh healthy food..............

I wonder if someone who calculates nutrients in food could do a breakdown of her intake of vitamins, minerals, proteins etc?

Old 09-11-2016, 05:43 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,076,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys52SoSilver View Post
I did not read the complete thread but looking at the list mentioning what she eats. She eats very nutrition poor. Where are the fruits, vegetables, fish, poultry, eggs etc? She must have a nutrition deficiency eating the foods she eats. Being so deficient in nutrients I think her brain might not be functioning well because of lack of fresh healthy food..............

I wonder if someone who calculates nutrients in food could do a breakdown of her intake of vitamins, minerals, proteins etc?
I don't think that would work. Those vitamin and minerals suggestions are based on a normal diet (I think its based on 2,000 calories a day). With her, that is completely askew with not only her size but how many calories she is consuming. I would think its very easy to say she is not eating healthy, and that all that fat is not good for her system and probably wouldn't even matter. I doubt her system would be able to absorb them anyways. I would think by this point, she is probably pooping every chance her body can. From what it looks like she is taking in so much food, so fast, her body is probably having serious trouble getting rid of it.

Saying that, I thought she would have a heart attack or a stroke before the month is up. I now want to add she may even have something to where she has fatal problems from something to do to where her stomach, colon, pancreas, or maybe liver; shut down, fail, or even explode.

Old 09-11-2016, 05:58 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,526,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys52SoSilver View Post

Nutrition?????? This isn't about health for her, it's obviously a sexual perversion. Kind of like people who are into asphyxiation (remember David Carradine?), it can kill you but that's part of the turn on.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:07 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,076,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Nutrition?????? This isn't about health for her, it's obviously a sexual perversion. Kind of like people who are into asphyxiation (remember David Carradine?), it can kill you but that's part of the turn on.
I don't think its a sexual perversion at all. I think its solely about having the fame. Her goal is to be the fattest person ever so she can set a record. I think its a perversion to be famous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events