Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 08:49 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times

Advertisements

Maybe it's gotten worse but I remember kids doing this when I was in HS (late 80's). My husband was class of 1974 & he said it did NOT happen back then.

He thinks it has something to do with the lack of (good) male role models, single moms & schools/parents too afraid of reprecussions.

He said when he was in HS if there was a fight the kids were sent to Coach; Coach would tell you to put the gloves on & see what you were made of. He said the only time he got in trouble for fighting was if he lost the fight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 09:04 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,991,441 times
For some reason, the videos aren't working for me so I don't know the outcome of the fight but, I hope this teacher beat the snot out of the kid.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:06 PM

4,187 posts, read 11,928,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
For some reason, the videos aren't working for me so I don't know the outcome of the fight but, I hope this teacher beat the snot out of the kid.

While the kid may deserve it but that would be a bad thing for the teacher. Not worth risking his teaching career over a thug.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:50 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,821,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
He landed 1 punch vs about 20 that the student landed

Old 09-22-2016, 12:54 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,821,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
Kids don't respect their elders because in many situations the elders have no jobs, have no future, aren't role models, have nothing to teach their kids by way of example. The kids know that this perma-poverty of living on government handouts is their future. Authority figures and respect are meaningless when all you need is to breathe to collect from the government.

Even the crappiest assembly-line job that gives a steady paycheck to a parent instills more value and respect in kids than a good handout.
That's a cop out. Kids who grew up in the depression are known at The Greatest Generation. They grew up poor with parents who had no jobs and yet the went on to fight and win World War II and rebuild our economy. Unfortunately most of them are gone but I knew plenty of people from that generation and they were some of the most disciplined, hard working, polite, stoic etc etc etc people that ever lived in this country.

Now we have people being raised by people that care more about getting high and having fun then their own kids. It has nothing to do with jobs or the economy.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:02 PM

325 posts, read 336,777 times
What I don't understand is why the teacher chose to fight with his student instead of control his behavior better in the classroom. Apparently the teacher doesn't have much leadership to control his class and a lack of leadership in the city leaders. Also I am suspecting the teachers' union is allowing underperforming teachers in Philly keep their jobs.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:28 PM

4,187 posts, read 11,928,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrltenSpke11 View Post
What I don't understand is why the teacher chose to fight with his student instead of control his behavior better in the classroom. Apparently the teacher doesn't have much leadership to control his class and a lack of leadership in the city leaders. Also I am suspecting the teachers' union is allowing underperforming teachers in Philly keep their jobs.

Or the fact that they can't find teacher who wants to teach there.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:19 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj08054 View Post
Or the fact that they can't find teacher who wants to teach there.
I'm sure after this video goes viral, there will be beating down the door for a teaching job there.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:25 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
they dindu nuffin.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:47 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,991,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
they dindu nuffin.
Just another aspiring rapper trying to get some street cred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events