Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 10:48 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,784,144 times

Advertisements

He was a sperm donor. He needs to drop this, get a job flipping burgers and TRY to get his life back together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
Lets look at the known facts.

While the father was behind bars, a judge terminated his parental rights stating… “

He failed to demonstrate the minimum efforts…to establish or maintain a parent child relationship.” According to court documents, the statutory grounds for TPR are “willful failure to visit, willful failure to support and abandonment.”

He willfully failed to visit her when he chose to commit a crime. He willfully failed to support her when he chose to commit a crime. (& giving a few bucks and a half a pack of smokes to his mother doesn't equate to "providing child support thru his mother").

But the court said that notwithstanding the father’s inability to visit the child, he was still attempting to have some control of the care for his child.

1: He showed a commitment to her by writing her, writing the Department of Social Services about her, and communicating with her court-appointed guardian. I wonder who this was??

2: It also said that even though he didn’t pay child support, he did provide some support to the child through his mother. Seriously....what does this mean? Did the the felon's mom give the Foster parents money??

3: The evidence did not show the father abandoned the child since, among other things, he tried to arrange for the child to be placed with his mother while he was in jail. How does one "arrange" things while he's in prison? & who knows that the mother of a felon would be a good "parent" to this child anyways??

The judge made an illegal decision, saying the reasons the man had his parental rights take away were (bold portions were from court records):

1: He failed to visit the child, But he was in prison and could not visit the child. Because of his choice.

2: He failed to give financial support, But he did so through his mother. Again....what does this mean ??

3: He abandoned the child, But he was writing to all of the ones in responsible positions to try to arrange for his child to be placed with his mother to care for her till he got out of prison. That certainly is not abandonment. We really don't know what the Felon did, but we do know that the Judge acted in what he thought was the CHILD's best interest.

Lets be honest, the judge broke the laws and illegally stripped the child from him listing the causes which were proven wrong in court documents.
"Stripped" the child from a sperm donor Felon sitting in a Jail (at tax payer's expense), while a foster family took care of her (at tax payer's expense), while a "court appointed attorney" (at tax payer's expense) fought for his parental rights.

The judge and the social services employees are also paid for by the tax payers & had to address problems that HE created. This guy has already cost the tax payers hundreds of thousands of dollars (& I don't hear anyone suggesting that he pay back child support??) & he CHOSE to abandon the child that he donated sperm for. He's two levels below a deadbeat dad.....he needs to move on.

I hope that cutey patooty has a great life with her loving family that features her real dad & her real mom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 11:13 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Emotional custody battle for South Carolina adoptive family - CBS News

Couple Fights To Keep Adopted Girl From Biological Father - CBSN Live Video - CBS News (video)

Stories like this make me so mad.

This guy was in jail, never cared about his kid, his wife was a drug addict and gave the girl up for adoption.

Now this loser's mother is getting involved and trying to get the little girl back, when they've never even met her! And he says his life is put together now - Ha! He's living with Mommy!

That precious little girl should stay with the adoptive parents!
"given back" is a true statement.

Old 02-11-2017, 11:21 AM

4,993 posts, read 5,294,120 times
The biological dads rights as a parent may have been violated. I think that a real parent wants what is best for their child. He was in no position to parent physically, emotionally, or financially. If he loved the little girl, he would let her go to a family that can be there for her in the way she needs.

Old 02-11-2017, 02:24 PM

2,188 posts, read 1,383,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
he CHOSE to abandon the child that he donated sperm for.
This is a lie. His rights were terminated against his will while he was incarcerated.

Old 02-11-2017, 03:04 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvana07 View Post
No wonder the biological dad thinks he will make a great dad.
There are posters in the Parenting forum who think they can parent better than most real parents just coz they have raised dogs that do not run around biting people.

Glad you brought up dogs.

Suppose I had a puppy, suppose I lived in a one bedroom apartment and could barely make ends meet.

One day I come home from work and my puppy is gone.....someone stole it.

THREE YEARS LATER, I find that puppy, living in a loving home with a great big fenced in yard, well loved and as happy as could be.

I would not rip that dog out of a loving home just because I could prove I legally owned it.

Ya know why? Because I truly love that dog and I would put its happiness and welfare above my own feelings.

I wouldn't do something that mean and selfish to a dog, let alone a child.

Old 02-11-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
This is a lie. His rights were terminated against his will while he was incarcerated.
Not a "lie'.....It's an opinion. You have one and I have one. Everyone has one....kind of like.....

& he was incarcerated because he chose to break the law. (& never bothered to do anything that would resemble a parental or responsible activity prior to breaking the law)

He didn't give a damn about this little girl until he was sitting in jail. Who knows what his motivations are now?

He has a right to determine what he thinks might be best for this girl. I hope he looks in the mirror, comes to the right decision and decides to move on.

Old 02-11-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Not a "lie'.....It's an opinion. You have one and I have one. Everyone has one....kind of like...uh...never mind.

& he was incarcerated because he chose to break the law. (& never bothered to do anything that would resemble a parental or responsible activity prior to breaking the law)

He didn't give a damn about this little girl until he was sitting in jail. Who knows what his motivations are now?

He has a right to determine what he thinks might be best for this girl. I hope he looks in the mirror, comes to the right decision and decides to move on.
Facts are obtuse, and the fact is he never chose to abandon his daughter. He wants his kid back he should get her back end of story, no ifs, buts or maybes. This is an injustice of the greatest magnitude. If I knew him I would help arrange the kidnapping.

Old 02-11-2017, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Facts are obtuse, and the fact is he never chose to abandon his daughter. He wants his kid back he should get her back end of story, no ifs, buts or maybes. This is an injustice of the greatest magnitude. If I knew him I would help arrange the kidnapping.
There was a very brief time (like 3 weeks) that she was his daughter. But at no point was Felon dude her father.

& I've got a feeling that this thread is gonna get locked up. (like the sperm donor)

Old 02-11-2017, 03:37 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
The name and face of this minor child should not even be in the news. That's pretty disgusting that they are using her name and image to draw attention to the case. Where are her rights to privacy?

Whether or not we like it, biological parent's rights are just that, rights, and when the court system does not follow the law, this is what happens. When a child is placed in the foster system - like this child - the goal is reunion or placement with a relative. Even if bio mom relinquished her rights, if bio dad did not properly relinquish his rights, then he was treated wrongly by the system. If bio grandma was willing and able to take custody of the child while waiting for bio dad to get out of prison, then the baby should have been placed with her,not strangers.

I have said this before, and social workers need to emphasize that the purpose of foster care is not to find babies to adopt, and if that is why people are becoming foster parents then they are doing it for the wrong reasons. The purpose of foster care is to provide a temporary safe place for the child/ren until reunification, placement with relatives or, barring all of that, adoption/legal guardianship after biological rights are properly terminated through the court system.

Sounds like this case was pushed through so they could keep the baby, the law was not followed properly, and this is the outcome. It has happened before and will happen again.

This is all fine and good, but trying to right a wrong at the expense of the child, after the fact, is not the way to go.

The way to go is to work at changing the system so things like this don't happen in the future.

IMO, the system should focus on the welfare of the child, not the welfare of a biological parent who couldn't get their act together within one year of the child being born.....whatever the reason.

The system should not treat a child like PROPERTY, like a car that was sold without a valid title.

Bio parent screwed up, too bad, so sad.....they do not get a do over at the expense of the child.

Old 02-11-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
There was a very brief time (like 3 weeks) that she was his daughter. But at no point was Felon dude her father.

& I've got a feeling that this thread is gonna get locked up. (like the sperm donor)
You can never stop being the parent of your own kid. May God bless this father and help him prevail over the wicked, and overcome his defaults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events