Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 07:27 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times

Advertisements

Emotional custody battle for South Carolina adoptive family - CBS News

http://www.cbsnews.com/live/video/co...ogical-father/ (video)

Stories like this make me so mad.

This guy was in jail, never cared about his kid, his wife was a drug addict and gave the girl up for adoption.

Now this loser's mother is getting involved and trying to get the little girl back, when they've never even met her! And he says his life is put together now - Ha! He's living with Mommy!

That precious little girl should stay with the adoptive parents!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 08:35 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times
Agreed. Adopted children deserve security.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:10 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
there is a petition going to governor mc master in hopes of him over ruling and letting her stay with her adoptive parents hopefully more sensible people will prevail . I'm sorry but if you are a drug addict and went to prison for it you have no business being a daddy and then come out and act like you got it together when you are living with your mommy . sorry no way jose . I hope her adoptive parents keep her . Bio daddy and mama need to bow out .her adoptive parents are good Christian people and they deserve to keep her .

Old 02-10-2017, 10:19 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,217,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
there is a petition going to governor mc master in hopes of him over ruling and letting her stay with her adoptive parents hopefully more sensible people will prevail . I'm sorry but if you are a drug addict and went to prison for it you have no business being a daddy and then come out and act like you got it together when you are living with your mommy . sorry no way jose . I hope her adoptive parents keep her . Bio daddy and mama need to bow out .her adoptive parents are good Christian people and they deserve to keep her .
I imagine there is some sort of money involved here to entice them to want the child.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:26 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
So anyone who goes to prison, pays their court ordered debt to society, gets out, lives with family, trying to re-establish their lives has no right to be a parent to their biological child?
According to who? YOU?
Just because you *assume* they are *acting* like they have it together and they live with their *mommy* (your words)
does not mean the situation is true.
There are in theory *educated, law abiding citizens* who *live with their mommy* who also have a child/children
either in or out of wedlock.
Perhaps they should not have the right to be biological parents either.

Also, the *assumption* that money is involved so they want the child is merely an assumption.
There are actual ex-convicts and drug users who do straighten up, just ask Tim Allen, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings,
Robert Downey Jr., etc.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:42 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,783,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Emotional custody battle for South Carolina adoptive family - CBS News

Couple Fights To Keep Adopted Girl From Biological Father - CBSN Live Video - CBS News (video)

Stories like this make me so mad.

This guy was in jail, never cared about his kid, his wife was a drug addict and gave the girl up for adoption.

Now this loser's mother is getting involved and trying to get the little girl back, when they've never even met her! And he says his life is put together now - Ha! He's living with Mommy!

That precious little girl should stay with the adoptive parents!
That link actually should be named "Emotional custody battle for SC family".....instead of SC Adoptive family. & I agree, the little girl should remain with the family who have provided for her and provided unconditional love to her.

The guy who was in jail was merely a sperm donor. & the druggie woman was merely a drug addled incubator (& I wonder what she used the money for - the $$ that she received for giving the child up?)

The little girl's real family is the family that has provided a stable & loving home the past 3 years. Her real mother is the woman who has tucked her into bed the past 3 years, and her real father is the one who has gone to work each day and provided for this child.

Last edited by hound 109; 02-10-2017 at 10:51 AM..

Old 02-10-2017, 10:52 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,217,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
So anyone who goes to prison, pays their court ordered debt to society, gets out, lives with family, trying to re-establish their lives has no right to be a parent to their biological child?
According to who? YOU?
Just because you *assume* they are *acting* like they have it together and they live with their *mommy* (your words)
There are in theory *educated, law abiding citizens* who *live with their mommy* who also have a child/children

Also, the *assumption* that money is involved so they want the child is merely an assumption.
There are actual ex-convicts and drug users who do straighten up, just ask Tim Allen, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings,
Robert Downey Jr., etc.
You are right. Some people could completely rehabilitate themselves and make great parents. The odds are unfortunately against that. It would be quite unfair to tare the child away from the only parents she has known now that dad is out of jail.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:57 AM

2,837 posts, read 2,696,311 times
You would think the emotional welfare of the child would come first over considerations for a parent who the child does not know.

Old 02-10-2017, 11:20 AM

626 posts, read 626,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
According to who? YOU?
Robert Downey Jr., etc.
Sorry but I disagree with you on this from first hand experience. My brother was in prison for 5 years and the childrens mothers had custody of the children, but my parents(the grandparents) were always in their grandchildrens lifes supporting them and taking them to go see their father in prison at the time. So they knew and loved their father, so now that he is out and taking care of himself with a good job he can support them. So now in the upcoming future he will file for custody of at least one of his two children(different mothers) because he is not getting the love and support that child needs in that household.

It looks like in this case the grandmother and father never tried to establish/re-establish contact while he was in prison at all. The grandmother could have helped and supported her grandchild. Which ever way it goes it sucks for the child honestly.

Old 02-10-2017, 12:32 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
I'm sorry but I'm retired from the adas office so I may have some first hand exp at this that the rest of you are not privy to , the people mentioned in the upper post are the exception to the rule . If the grandmother were the least bit interested in this child she should have filed for custody at the time of the adoption she did not however file any paperwork or do anything in that regard according to the adoptive parents . There is always a search for a half way decent relative to place the child with before adoption is granted . Therefore I'm saying that this is a lil on the fishy side that they all of a sudden want to adopt that child is what I was stating . What happens if daddy goes back to prison and grandma is not able to take care of said child ?, she goes back into the system aka foster care until said daddy will most likely have his rights terminated and she will live in foster until the time she is 18 . This whole mess makes me sick .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events