Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2017, 02:40 PM

16,273 posts, read 10,401,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheGuy View Post
ahh....hello....sorry, but you don't have a say in how another country/culture hands out prison sentences.

This is exactly right. Something conservatives have yet to figure out regarding Muslims throughout the world. For some reason they arrogantly think we should change the cultures of other countries simply because we consider them barbaric. We don't have that right.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:40 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot3131 View Post
Why do leftists always apologize for brutal foreign regimes that practice systematic torture as a policy and then compare it to a one-off incident here in the states.

why do they hate America?
1. They don't.
2. If America values every American life, then they need to value every American life.
3. They don't, and it's unsophisticated to say so just because they have a different viewpoint than you.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:43 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
What is a shame is that the US spends any time and/or any resources trying to get people released who willingly travel to places like NK. Places like that should be 100% travel at your own risk as we can't/won't help you.
I agree with you. If a country has no formal diplomatic relationship with another country (and I don't mean through third parties), then the American government should do exactly as you suggest.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:46 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,470,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
It's a shame Obama was useless. Perhaps this boy could have been released before something dire happened. Trump administration managed it quickl probably because Kim Jong Un is afraid of Trump -- must watch CNN!.

I heard Dennis Rodman, who is visiting North Korea now, brought him a gift: Trump's book, The Art of the Deal. Hey, don't give our enemies Trump's negotiating secrets! I hope Rodman can be instrumental in talking sense into the N. Korean dictator. From what little I've seen of the country online, it appears to be a tourist paradise in terms of natural beauty. It would be a shame to see it destroyed.
Actually, no. Something 'dire' happened to him very early in his imprisonment.

It's a shame, but ...

https://memegenerator.net/instance/7...baby-but-obama

Old 06-20-2017, 02:49 PM

16,273 posts, read 10,401,684 times
Blame Obama
Claim the left "hates America" when they simply have a different viewpoint
Fake News!

Lather
Rinse
Repeat

Old 06-20-2017, 02:52 PM

10,352 posts, read 7,980,919 times
Quote:
What is a shame is that the US spends any time and/or any resources trying to get people released who willingly travel to places like NK. Places like that should be 100% travel at your own risk as we can't/won't help you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I agree with you. If a country has no formal diplomatic relationship with another country (and I don't mean through third parties), then the American government should do exactly as you suggest.
The sad thing is that the State Department travel warning for North Korea pretty much says exactly that. But I guess if you're naive enough to believe there's no risk involved in visiting the place, the fact that the US Government says "if you get into trouble, we can't help you" isn't much of a deterrent. Some people just have no sense of self-preservation.

(As far as I am concerned, any country that the US has no formal diplomatic relationship with is an automatic No-Go destination. Ditto any that are war zones. There's a limit to the amount of excitement I'm willing to add to my life.)

Old 06-20-2017, 02:55 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,470,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot3131 View Post
Why do leftists always apologize for brutal foreign regimes that practice systematic torture as a policy and then compare it to a one-off incident here in the states.

why do they hate America?
Why does 45 'love' NK?

"If it would be appropriate for me to meet with him, I would absolutely, I would be honored to do it,” Trump said Monday in an Oval Office interview with Bloomberg News. “If it’s under the, again, under the right circumstances. But I would do that.” […]

Guess who said that!? LOL

Trump's praise of North Korean dictator raises new questions | MSNBC

"Honored"? He is a moron.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:05 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,207,078 times
It's too bad he died.....but it may be the best given what was reported as his vegetative state. I still feel sorry for this young man and his parents. I think he became a scape goat and was made an example by NK....Just my opinion. Compare his trying to confiscate a poster of their leader, to what folks routinely say about our President.....Not that it's right. But as a comparison people really have no idea what freedom's we have here.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:10 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,648,992 times
I'm speculating it was probably a TBI (Traumatic Brain injury). He died closely after arrival so I'm thinking he was taken off life support (resp support) or nutritional feedings that were only keeping him alive till he got here? Sad case. Tragic.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:11 PM

983 posts, read 994,713 times
I remember some years ago I wanted to go to Cuba. I was plotting all the places I could leave from, then how to get back into the US. I never went though, because the US government said I couldn't. Right or wrong, I couldn't go. I could never see any Cubans doing anything remotely like these insane North Koreans, but still, if something happened to me over there, I would be on my own. Then I'd be in a whole lot of trouble back in the US!

This incident is upsetting, but the bottom line is, stay out of places like this!!!

I hope that fat midget with the bad hair-do gets an inoperable brain tumor. Then when he goes for treatment, oooops! Dear Midget just slipped into a coma!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events