Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 06:26 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,009,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water4Life View Post

I don't believe you are ignorant to these facts, I believe you are simply trying to pretend that racism is not a major issue in the U.S.

Of course there are racist in the US of every color.
But why give racism more power by deciding that a senseless murder has to be racially motivated
because it was a white shooting a black.

In this case the shooter is so vile that I don't care if he is falsely blamed for a hate crime. Let him fry.
But in other cases like a police shooting it is unfair to assume every white police shooting of a black is
racially motivated. Many of the riots are a rush to judgement just because of those assumptions. Let the investigation play out and see what the facts are. We had a police shooting in our community that had marches going on before the day ended. Within a few days all the facts showed that the kid that was shot pulled a gun on the policeman and the shooting was justified. But the policeman still had death threats because many were unwilling to accept that he did what he had to do.

I actually think that the way that "racism" is over used has caused some people to
pay less attention to the real cases of it.
An example is how anyone not wanting Hillary to be president was accused of being a racist.

Are you not judging the shooter based on the color of his skin? Isn't that racism?

Old 07-04-2017, 09:06 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,591,053 times
Current Events is not the place to hash out racial topics - please re-read the sticky at the top of this forum. Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events