Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 06:33 PM

983 posts, read 1,180,844 times

Advertisements

They found the shooter

He turned himself in

Old 07-02-2017, 07:37 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,457,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It takes a real man to shoot a girl in the head from his car. They need to bring back the chair for cases like this.

Screw the chair, bring in a big scary guy with a black mask and big shiny axe.

Old 07-02-2017, 11:19 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,317,466 times
I know I'm going to be blasted for bringing up this point, but it says the shooter was driving a pickup truck. Even before I got to that part I said "10-1 it was someone driving a pickup" and of course it was.

Frankly I'm not surprised. I have found that many--not all, but many--white men (and I'm a white man) who drive pickup trucks seem like they are in the biggest hurry and can't tolerate having to wait even a millisecond for anything. They're the ones I encounter driving 0.004" from your bumper even if you're going the speed limit or better or even if they have the means to pass. They're the ones who come up behind you on the freeway riding your tail while you're going 70 in a 60 passing somebody, they can't wait the 7-9 seconds it's taking you to finish what you started. If you are about to pass they instead "cut you off from behind" and go first because they don't care that you've been behind this person and have been itching for a chance to go long before they got there. (When they do that to me I zoom over anyway and MAKE them wait their turn.)

I know that's not the most important thing, no if they'd been driving something else that wouldn't make me feel better it would be just as wrong obviously, but it does fit what I expected to find out, totally. People in pickups and large SUVs, I swear 97% of the time that's who it is.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:33 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
No. She was a recent high school graduate with friends, family, and hope for the future life she was just beginning. All cut off when she tried to merge in front of an idiot with severe mental problems.
Why do I say mental problems? Anyone who travels with quick access to a hand gun is planning something some day. That is premeditated murder. He had to be crazy.
You can expect to see a lot of this kind of incident in the future in North Carolina with the unregulated open carry law now before the legislature.
I disagree with the underlined statement.

Let me explain why a person would carry all the time they legally can. It is because by doing so, one day is like any other. One does not carry only when they feel threaten, but always.

If one had to shoot someone, they don't want the situation where the opposing counsel can show premeditation. Ie, "So Ms Ounce, you were afraid of my client's son so on that day, you strapped on your gun, something you don't do everyday, so you could shoot their son.".

Now, perhaps it wasn't quite like that but it may be an interpretation that the lawyer gets the jury to believe.

Hence, one carries all the time, everywhere. One day is like any other.

As far as road rage goes, I don't get into being angry at other drivers for whatever reason......but I am constantly trying to reduce stress from my life. As far as people being angry with my style of driving, if they are, I am not surprised. I don't speed, I reduce speed when conditions call for it, and so forth.

Now, let me say, I have received a lot of "thank yous" in tail lights and blinkers when I pull over to the shoulder to let others pass me, when I give spaces in the entry lane for people to get on the highway, and so forth.

As far as people being in a rush to get on to the highway, I take the angle, "Well, if it is that important to you, take it!". They may be wrong but it is not worth it for two bullheads to dent up each other cars......if not something far worse.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 07-03-2017 at 12:46 AM..

Old 07-03-2017, 05:59 AM

1,122 posts, read 961,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
I know I'm going to be blasted for bringing up this point, but it says the shooter was driving a pickup truck. Even before I got to that part I said "10-1 it was someone driving a pickup" and of course it was.

Frankly I'm not surprised. I have found that many--not all, but many--white men (and I'm a white man) who drive pickup trucks seem like they are in the biggest hurry and can't tolerate having to wait even a millisecond for anything. They're the ones I encounter driving 0.004" from your bumper even if you're going the speed limit or better or even if they have the means to pass. They're the ones who come up behind you on the freeway riding your tail while you're going 70 in a 60 passing somebody, they can't wait the 7-9 seconds it's taking you to finish what you started. If you are about to pass they instead "cut you off from behind" and go first because they don't care that you've been behind this person and have been itching for a chance to go long before they got there. (When they do that to me I zoom over anyway and MAKE them wait their turn.)

I know that's not the most important thing, no if they'd been driving something else that wouldn't make me feel better it would be just as wrong obviously, but it does fit what I expected to find out, totally. People in pickups and large SUVs, I swear 97% of the time that's who it is.

Wrong wrong wrong...My husband is the most even tempered guy- drives a big Tundra and would NEVER think of getting angry at someone like that. This was a an idiot who did this. He needed anger management first of all. You can't generalize and that's so unkind of you to say when there are many people on the rode who drive trucks/SUV responsibly and do NOT engage other drivers.

My husband was stopped on the freeway during rush hour - he did everything right and a small compact car NOT paying attention slammed into the back of the truck. Again, my husband is not an aggressive driver in his truck. Oh and my husband is also WHITE. Holy Mackeral, what an offensive post. Just shaking my head.

It's the DRIVER not the vehicle.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:11 AM

745 posts, read 480,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I don't really believe in "road rage." If you wouldn't normally shoot someone in the head, you're not going to do it just because you don't like the way they drive. He's just a homicidal maniac. "Road rage" is not an excuse.
I disagree with you. Driving is an inherently stressful act, although most people handle it without problems. Therefore, this could cause someone to act in a way they would not if they were not driving.

Road rage is the result of the people who are unable to contain themselves when an example of what makes driving stressful occurs. The two of them together trying to merge from two lanes into one is something he either felt threatened by or was more stressful than he could handle.

Nobody said road rage is an excuse. But, it explains what happened here.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:37 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
No. She was a recent high school graduate with friends, family, and hope for the future life she was just beginning. All cut off when she tried to merge in front of an idiot with severe mental problems.
Why do I say mental problems? Anyone who travels with quick access to a hand gun is planning something some day. That is premeditated murder. He had to be crazy.
You can expect to see a lot of this kind of incident in the future in North Carolina with the unregulated open carry law now before the legislature.
I'm sure he is perfectly sane and knew exactly what he was doing. To say he is crazy is to completely let him off the hook.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:51 AM

745 posts, read 480,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
I'm sure he is perfectly sane and knew exactly what he was doing. To say he is crazy is to completely let him off the hook.
Perfectly sane people don't do these kinds of things. Regardless, nobody wants to let him off the hook.

I suspect that if he wasn't at that place on that day, he would be walking free now. I believe there was a severe case of inability to think logically and be calm under (what he perceived) a high pressure, high stress situation). It's the same thing as when someone at work blows their cool (I am not necessarily referring to a workplace shooting situation).

Old 07-03-2017, 06:51 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Road rage suspect turns himself in, faces murder charges - CNN.com

Hate crime charges?

Old 07-03-2017, 07:06 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,634,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
So what? Should we give him a medal?

He killed her on Wens, and it took four days for him to do so. They were going to find him and more than likely someone recognized his truck and told him they were contacting the police if he didn't.
Thank You
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events