Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 06:32 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,951,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I don't really believe in "road rage." If you wouldn't normally shoot someone in the head, you're not going to do it just because you don't like the way they drive. He's just a homicidal maniac. "Road rage" is not an excuse.
Sitting for hours in traffic induces road rage in probably most people. Not all will act out violently, but most will react by cussing out the other driver, yelling, giving them the finger, etc. But I can see how road rage incidents could lead to violence. Perhaps if we had more, and better public transit in this country there would be less gridlock and hence less road rage. But of course our mindless car culture will not allow that. So traffic conditions will continue to get worse along with the epidemic of road rage incidents, of which there is likely a direct correlation.

Old 07-01-2017, 08:36 PM

3,133 posts, read 2,256,609 times
There is no excuse for what this coward did to that girl. None. Even if they eventually catch him, our system can never give him the punishment he deserves.

Imagine if that were your little girl. The whole thing just sickens me.

Old 07-01-2017, 08:59 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,457,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
There is no excuse for what this coward did to that girl. None. Even if they eventually catch him, our system can never give him the punishment he deserves.

Imagine if that were your little girl. The whole thing just sickens me.
Coward is the wrong word. Maniac, yes. Monster, yes.

Old 07-01-2017, 10:19 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3290266

The murderer still has not been apprehended.

But one thing I do not understand is why does the headline say "high school graduate"? Yes, she just graduated, but most people are high school graduates. It would be just as attention-grabbing to say "18-year-old shot in road rage incident".
I am starting to hate the expression "road rage"---
What happened was murder...

Some a-h0le with a gun and no morals vented his spleen

The "road rage" was just an excuse to do what he likely wanted to do since he was driving around with a gun anyway...

Old 07-02-2017, 12:12 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The word "recent" before "high school graduate" would have made a little sense, conveying the tragedy that she was just beginning her adult life. There probably wasn't enough space.

Proofreaders don't exist anymore. My mother's local paper had an item announcing a support group for homicide victims. Yeah, OK. Not much dialogue at that meeting.
The paper where I worked had four full-time proof readers. But they didn't do much good, because every day, when I zipped through a copy from the preliminary press run, I'd find many errors, sometimes dozens of them. That same paper today, without proof readers, may have dozens of mistakes on each page.

Old 07-02-2017, 04:21 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,634,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
Coward is the wrong word. Maniac, yes. Monster, yes.
Coward is right too. He is on the loose. He wasn't man enough to stay there and admit what he did.

The guy is nuts and needs to be found as quickly as possible.

Old 07-02-2017, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
Coward is right too. He is on the loose. He wasn't man enough to stay there and admit what he did.

The guy is nuts and needs to be found as quickly as possible.
Nah. Takes a lot of b*lls to shoot somebody who enrages you over something as simple as a poor lane merge.

Old 07-02-2017, 05:27 AM

50,751 posts, read 36,458,112 times
How awful! The article also says her parents lost their son to heart disease at only 22! This is more than anyone should have to go through.

I don't think it matters if we call it murder or road rage, but to me it is important to call it road rage because everyone needs to understand every time they get behind a wheel this can happen. The article about the girl links to several more road rage incidents, including an off-duty cop in Florida brandishing his gun at a driver due to his own road rage, and another incident where one driver attacked another with a baseball bat.

These are not for the most part people who would murder under normal circumstances', but when behind the wheel they are maniacs. Road rage is appropriate IMO. I try to drive courteously, but I'm not perfect, sometimes I mess up, pull out not seeing someone or something. No one should have to pay with their life.

Old 07-02-2017, 05:45 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Sitting for hours in traffic induces road rage in probably most people. Not all will act out violently, but most will react by cussing out the other driver, yelling, giving them the finger, etc. But I can see how road rage incidents could lead to violence. Perhaps if we had more, and better public transit in this country there would be less gridlock and hence less road rage. But of course our mindless car culture will not allow that. So traffic conditions will continue to get worse along with the epidemic of road rage incidents, of which there is likely a direct correlation.
Nope, I still wouldn't react that way because I don't do that kind of stuff whether I'm in traffic or not.

Old 07-02-2017, 07:10 AM

This murder is especially bad because the killer is a white male and the victim is a black girl who just graduated high school ... The father's shirt is just the beginning.
"They're killing our best and brightest!!!"

Either way, I hope when they catch this scumbag (they have the vehicle), he gets the death penalty. He really should just use those b*lls of his and kill himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events