Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 03:10 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Serpa bag? I am not familiar with that term and google does not help. Explain, please?
Don't own pets. huh? Didn't really type into google, did you, as the two words instantaneously came back with results (even with my typo with the 'h' missing).

https://www.chewy.com/sherpa-america...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 04:13 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Don't own pets. huh? Didn't really type into google, did you, as the two words instantaneously came back with results (even with my typo with the 'h' missing).

https://www.chewy.com/sherpa-america...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
The articles all claim the dog was a pit bull. You're going to put that big of a dog in a duffel bag?

Why is that even something you would think all dog owners would know about? Even those that I have a small dog, I don't carry him around in a duffel bag.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:44 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,676,224 times
Quote:
Which is zero proof of it happening in the way it happened. Not one photo and not one one filming of the situation occurring from anyone has shown up as of yet. In the social media world we live in now the probability of it happening in the way she portrayed it is reaching zero.
Why would anyone film or photograph an airline ticketing line? It’s not exactly something that is riveting entertainment for most people, and I’m sure that after the dog ACTUALLY BIT the woman, the other people in line wanted to get away from said dog ASAP to avoid getting bitten. Why on earth would they stand around to film and risk getting bitten by an unruly, unrestrained, obviously fake “emotional support animal”? I know I’ve been in one place where there was an unruly dog along with an equally unruly owner inside a store and you can bet I wasn’t sticking around to film the events. I was just trying to stay away from the dog because I was not sure what he or the owner were going to do.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
The articles all claim the dog was a pit bull. You're going to put that big of a dog in a duffel bag?

Why is that even something you would think all dog owners would know about? Even those that I have a small dog, I don't carry him around in a duffel bag.
No, The original articles did not state a type of dog nor the size of the dog. As the story jumped from one MSM to another the story morphed in order to create more interest. And what automatically increases readership? Pit Bulls. There is still no proof that it even happened in the airport and looking at the photos she uploaded there are numerous inconsistencies with the bite.

As to the bag (soft case version of a animal crate), it has existed for decades longer than ESA's have been on airplane cabins w/o it.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:49 PM

35,070 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
This is ridiculous. If you can't control your dog, keep your dog at home.
Quote:
And what automatically increases readership? Pit Bulls.
It wasn't a pit bull, it was a Golden Retriever. Some dogs, such as Golden Retrievers, are always dangerous. They need to be kept in a chained yard with a muzzle.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Why would anyone film or photograph an airline ticketing line? It’s not exactly something that is riveting entertainment for most people, and I’m sure that after the dog ACTUALLY BIT the woman, the other people in line wanted to get away from said dog ASAP to avoid getting bitten. Why on earth would they stand around to film and risk getting bitten by an unruly, unrestrained, obviously fake “emotional support animal”? I know I’ve been in one place where there was an unruly dog along with an equally unruly owner inside a store and you can bet I wasn’t sticking around to film the events. I was just trying to stay away from the dog because I was not sure what he or the owner were going to do.
This was a airport main terminal, yet not one security camera inside the terminal nor outside the terminal has this on video? No witnesses stepped forward? And you don't see something wrong here??

Old 11-16-2017, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
It wasn't a pit bull, it was a Golden Retriever. Some dogs, such as Golden Retrievers, are always dangerous. They need to be kept in a chained yard with a muzzle.
Golden Retriever now? Prove it.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Golden Retriever now? Prove it.
About 80% of dog bites are Goldens. They have a vicious countenance.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
About 80% of dog bites are Goldens. They have a vicious countenance.
For this situation, it is hearsay. Where is the proof?

Old 11-16-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
For this situation, it is hearsay. Where is the proof?
Have you ever tried to pet one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events