Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 12:46 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times

Advertisements

https://nypost.com/2018/03/06/house-...rsh-home-life/

More news getting out. The 17 year old had posted to Instagram!

There is a tiny bit if new info in the article.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 06:29 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
https://nypost.com/2018/03/06/house-...rsh-home-life/

More news getting out. The 17 year old had posted to Instagram!

There is a tiny bit if new info in the article.
I reported about both the videos and the Instagram posts four days ago, on March 6 - see post #32 in this thread. I did not see anything new in the article you linked - can you be more specific about whatever it might be? Thanks.

Those who've questioned the Turpin kids' health might do well to note the height of the daughter in these newfound videos - her head is only slightly higher than the handle of the door behind her. She is seventeen, and is standing, not sitting.

Old 03-10-2018, 06:55 PM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I reported about both the videos and the Instagram posts four days ago, on March 6 - see post #32 in this thread. I did not see anything new in the article you linked - can you be more specific about whatever it might be? Thanks.
Not asked of me, but your post #32 had no links and no videos. The article linked by the other poster has a video which contains clips of the actual videos posted by the 17 year old to social media.

Old 03-10-2018, 09:56 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Quote:

Those who've questioned the Turpin kids' health might do well to note the height of the daughter in these newfound videos - her head is only slightly higher than the handle of the door behind her. She is seventeen, and is standing, not sitting.
I just ran across the info about the 17 year old postng to social media. To me that was new. I missed your post somehow, even though I have been checking in here pretty frequently.

It is odd that the British media run stories on this. ABC also has run stories. Other news sources have moved on.

Old 03-10-2018, 11:38 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Medicaid takes years to get. Medi-Cal could take care of them in the meantime, but that is pretty limited. .
medi-cal is the California name for medicaid, it provides comprehensive care the only real problem with the program is that there aren't a large number of doctors who accept medi-cal patients. The companion program is denti-cal which is a California only program and provides up to $1600 a year in dental coverage to the poor.

Old 03-11-2018, 12:09 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
That interview with those two women played like an SNL skit to me - "I mean really, really we were just like really, we were like . .. " Kind of conversation you'd hear in the parking lot after a PTA meeting.

The brits do like to see Americans behave badly. Pierce carries the conversation, while these women basically try to sell their self-help books, IMHO.
Yes. The extended family are loopty loos as well.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:35 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,583 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:

Why do you think she's standing in that video? (She might be, I'm really asking, I can't see below her shoulders).

The teens are taller than the mom in the posed wedding pics - although they are thin, they aren't terribly short.

Do you have a video that shows her full body?

Thanks!

Old 03-11-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Not asked of me, but your post #32 had no links and no videos. The article linked by the other poster has a video which contains clips of the actual videos posted by the 17 year old to social media.
My creaky old computer will not allow me to cut and paste, so any links must be laboriously entered one character at a time. Glad the links were included later, but I thought I included enough info to make locating them reasonably easy.

Old 03-11-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Why do you think she's standing in that video? (She might be, I'm really asking, I can't see below her shoulders).

The teens are taller than the mom in the posed wedding pics - although they are thin, they aren't terribly short.

Do you have a video that shows her full body?

Thanks!
If the daughter were seated on the floor, her head would be lower than the door handle. The video in which she opens the door to let the dog out appears to shows her standing. It would be difficult for her to open that door while seated in front of it, and she does not appear to rise - she just reaches over and opens the door.

I just measured a couple of my own doors - the doorknobs were 35" and 36" inches above the base of the doors, typical sizes. Unless the girl was seated on a small chair or stool, it's unlikely that her head would extend above the door handle in all of the videos when she was in a seated position, but it certainly should be higher if she was standing. The top of her head appears to measure about 38" to 40" above the floor in these videos- that's tiny, more like a six or seven year old than even the ten year old the police mistook her to be.

This is the seventeen year old daughter- her older sisters were taller, and probably received better nutrition in early childhood, which would likely result in more typical height. Their mother is quite short.

Take a look at the wedding photos - the sisters who look as if they are nine to twelve years old were actually in their middle teens. The fussy, identical dresses add to their little-girl appearances. The daughter who made the videos is standing on the right side of the pictures (her parents' left sides) and her hair is parted in the middle and drawn down over her forehead more than is her sisters' similarly styled hair - she seems to have a rounder face and lower forehead than some of her siblings. Not too low to exclude having plenty of very sharp brains behind it, clearly!

The police described the daughter who escaped (also the one who made these videos) as looking as if she was ten years old...

Thank goodness the Turpin siblings were able to keep journals. Like these videos and Instagrams, shose journals will be key evidence in the upcoming trials.

Old 03-11-2018, 09:13 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
That is incorrect. The asset limits are $2,000 in all 50 states, per federal law. I know because I have dealt with it, in both California and Oregon. It's also not adjusted for inflation, which is ridiculous. Eventually monthly benefits will be more than the asset limits. I have no idea what will happen then.

California Medicaid (Medi-Cal) Eligibility_ 2017 Income & Assets Limits
The info on your source is definitely wrong:

As part of the ACA asset tests are no longer used for Medi-Cal (medicaid) The exceptions are people over 65 in long term care and Social Security, and SSDI recipients who are 'dual-eligible' meaning they qualify for both medi-cal and medicare, they still have an asset test as do SSI recipients.

https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid/el...ity/index.html

https://theincidentaleconomist.com/w...id-asset-test/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events