Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 08:57 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
All those idiots risking a permanent record just to get some quick cash. Don't they realize how many cameras are out their nowadays? They will most likely be caught.
I doubt they are going to go the trouble of finding cam footage of the area and attempt to go after people who picked up the money, that would cost more than what was lost!

Any other time when money is dropped like this or somehow ends up scattered all over, Ive never seen legal action taken against people who took advantage of the situation, they just take it as a loss and insurance covers it. I would imagine they have specialized insurance when carrying large amounts of cash around like that too. I will have to ask the Garda guy the next time he is in our store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 09:51 AM

17,148 posts, read 15,350,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I doubt they are going to go the trouble of finding cam footage of the area and attempt to go after people who picked up the money, that would cost more than what was lost!

Any other time when money is dropped like this or somehow ends up scattered all over, Ive never seen legal action taken against people who took advantage of the situation, they just take it as a loss and insurance covers it. I would imagine they have specialized insurance when carrying large amounts of cash around like that too. I will have to ask the Garda guy the next time he is in our store.
Exactly.
If hundreds of people are scrambling around grabbing cash and taking off with it, I highly doubt anyone is going to go through the trouble of "finding" them and charging them with a crime. Definitely not worth the money,

Old 05-03-2018, 11:35 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,045,402 times
makes me think of the incident years ago when a truck full of dimes tipped over on an interstate overpass. The news showed poor people on the street below, scooping them up, not knowing where they came from. They did NOT show the people on the interstate, who saw the truck tipped over, stopping their Lexuses and Audis to scoop up dimes.

Old 05-03-2018, 12:35 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,039,039 times
shouldn't there be an app notification for this kind of event?

Old 05-03-2018, 12:35 PM

102,192 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
makes me think of the incident years ago when a truck full of dimes tipped over on an interstate overpass. The news showed poor people on the street below, scooping them up, not knowing where they came from. They did NOT show the people on the interstate, who saw the truck tipped over, stopping their Lexuses and Audis to scoop up dimes.
lol. Dimes. That's funny! Sad, though, really.

Old 05-03-2018, 02:41 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,254,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
lol. Dimes. That's funny! Sad, though, really.

"They say these geeks come a dime a dozen. I'm looking for the guy who's supplying the dimes."

- Fred Blassie

Old 05-03-2018, 04:32 PM

3,068 posts, read 2,395,814 times
I hate to admit it, but my first thought on hearing this was, "How fast can I get to I-70?"

Old 05-03-2018, 05:37 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,869,605 times
This also happened in South Florida several years ago. An appeal was broadcast to ask people to return the money (yeah, sure....like that's going to happen...). One funny thing that happened was that people started turning other people in, mostly because the original "grabber" wouldn't share the money.

Old 05-03-2018, 08:02 PM

24,600 posts, read 9,440,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
This also happened in South Florida several years ago. An appeal was broadcast to ask people to return the money (yeah, sure....like that's going to happen...). One funny thing that happened was that people started turning other people in, mostly because the original "grabber" wouldn't share the money.
I was going to mention that, hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
All those idiots risking a permanent record just to get some quick cash. Don't they realize how many cameras are out their nowadays? They will most likely be caught.
That depends on the amount of money, everyone has a price.

Old 05-03-2018, 08:20 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,469,859 times
This is funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events