Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2018, 01:49 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Being famous for being a deadbeat could be a good occupation to bring in cash. Doing The Bachelor is a way to up the Q rating for sure. With fame, he could attract more women.
In what bizarre alternate reality is "seducing women" and "attract(ing) more women" the point, in any way, of this story?

You feel he should skip getting real help, hope to have a couple years of "fame" in order to "attract more women," possibly father more kids and be a deadbeat dad to them too, then the money runs out because people no longer care or gawk and then...?

The pizza big is far more realistic, and makes more sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 02:06 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,457,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
In what bizarre alternate reality is "seducing women" and "attract(ing) more women" the point, in any way, of this story?

You feel he should skip getting real help, hope to have a couple years of "fame" in order to "attract more women," possibly father more kids and be a deadbeat dad to them too, then the money runs out because people no longer care or gawk and then...?

The pizza big is far more realistic, and makes more sense.

Living at home can impact one's ability to seduce and attract mates, more so as a male, so it is a material part of the story.

If he gets offers like The Bachelor, or some other reality show, odds are that a reality show gig would pay more than working at a pizzeria. Shouldn't he take the job offer that pays the most amount of money? Isn't that a way to get a life going? Most of us took the highest quality job and best paying job offered to us at a given time. If he gets reality show offers, he should absolutely take them.

I'm wondering if any publicist/PR person would take him on as a client and then take some amount of money off the top of his earnings if that person can get him a gig on a reality show.

Old 05-25-2018, 02:11 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Do you really think anyone is going to want to be on a show like "The Bachelor" with this guy?

Plenty of reality show participants aren't doing so well in life. Better to go for the long term plan even if it is a pizza job.

Old 05-25-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Do you really think anyone is going to want to be on a show like "The Bachelor" with this guy?

Plenty of reality show participants aren't doing so well in life. Better to go for the long term plan even if it is a pizza job.

1. Michael has said he DOES NOT want a job. After a couple of times mumbling that he had "a business" and "funds" and then quickly changing the subject, he came out with the truth that he doesn't have a source of income. Whether or not he wants mates is immaterial. He does not want them enough even to hold down a Best Buy job. He has stated, publicly, more than once, in interviews that he does not want to work as this may impact the free services he gets in seeking visitation with his son. Although you're right, the pizza job would be the better option, he won't take it. They even offered him an $1001 sign-on bonus and he hasn't taken it. The webcam people offered him a 6-month term job. He hasn't taken that. He's been very vocal on other things - very very very very vocal - and I can't believe he'd stay silent on that, but we'll see.

2. Any "fame" job would be very, very short-term and flash in the pan, potentially leaving him even worse off, particularly if he makes big purchases, such as a house, with the funds. This sort of media excitement dies fast. Very fast. He will not sustain "fame." In the meantime, if he were to attract more mates (again, that's just a theory anyway), he has shown he doesn't have either the knowledge, motivation or both to prevent a pregnancy. MORE children could be born for him to be a bad enough father to, to lose even visitation, much less custody. That would be intense trauma for this additional child/these additional children just as it probably is for the current child. Having more sex is NOT the priority for other people to figure out for Michael, and is NOT the point of the story, even from Michael's POV, since he's mentioned nothing of the kind.

Old 05-25-2018, 02:29 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1988 View Post
See that what gets me with that guy b/c I’m also a millennial and there’s no way in hell I’d act the way he does. I have friends who are also in the millennial group (ages range from 23 to 31) and there’s no way they’d act like that. It’s embarrassing and pathetic. I mean 30yrs old and still thinks the world owes him something smh. Paying rent and bills can be a pain in the arse but like I said in a previous post, sometimes you gotta just dive in the sea of life and just do it. You have to figure things out. You gotta figure out how to budget your money to be able to afford rent or your car note. You have to figure out how to make things work. It’s f’n called responsibility. You can’t live with the parentals forever. I mean what if they were to die tomorrow? He wouldn’t know wtf to do other than try and mooch off somebody else. I swear that song “No Scrubs” by TLC pretty much describes this guy to a damn tee.

Dude needs to get over himself and get out of mom and dad’s basement and start living his life while he’s still young enough to do it and enjoy it. Go out, make friends, get a girl, get a job, go school, join the army...hell do something. Be productive. Make your own legacy instead of living off your mom and dad’s.
Sorry, I didn't mean to slur all you young 'uns. We had our share of looooooooosers in the Boomer generation too. As a matter of fact, it is my opinion that we Boomers started the downward spiral of this country! That is another subject though.

I don't know what TLC is except a tv channel and don't know the song but thank you for a great reply to my post and I send kudos for being a "regular" person. (Even if you are way younger than my kid. ) Gees, I just realized my oldest grandson is a millennial! Horrors!

Old 05-25-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
1. Michael has said he DOES NOT want a job. After a couple of times mumbling that he had "a business" and "funds" and then quickly changing the subject, he came out with the truth that he doesn't have a source of income. Whether or not he wants mates is immaterial. He does not want them enough even to hold down a Best Buy job. He has stated, publicly, more than once, in interviews that he does not want to work as this may impact the free services he gets in seeking visitation with his son. Although you're right, the pizza job would be the better option, he won't take it. They even offered him an $1001 sign-on bonus and he hasn't taken it. The webcam people offered him a 6-month term job. He hasn't taken that. He's been very vocal on other things - very very very very vocal - and I can't believe he'd stay silent on that, but we'll see.

2. Any "fame" job would be very, very short-term and flash in the pan, potentially leaving him even worse off, particularly if he makes big purchases, such as a house, with the funds. This sort of media excitement dies fast. Very fast. He will not sustain "fame." In the meantime, if he were to attract more mates (again, that's just a theory anyway), he has shown he doesn't have either the knowledge, motivation or both to prevent a pregnancy. MORE children could be born for him to be a bad enough father to, to lose even visitation, much less custody. That would be intense trauma for this additional child/these additional children just as it probably is for the current child. Having more sex is NOT the priority for other people to figure out for Michael, and is NOT the point of the story, even from Michael's POV, since he's mentioned nothing of the kind.
Not sure why you quoted me in this response. I wasn't exactly advocating for the guy to get a reality gig -- and I kind of doubt that he actually could, certainly not something like 'The Bachelor' where some degree of personal appeal is required. My only point was that even low-level job would be a better option. He may not WANT one, but he may be backed into a corner here and have no real choice beyond living on the streets.

Old 05-25-2018, 02:34 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,457,468 times
Quote:

I really don't understand not wanting a job if you are not rich enough to retire.

The pizzeria offer was a solid offer. It might actually be the best one he gets. As stated earlier, I'm still impressed he got that offer without interviewing. I don't think anyone likes going on job interviews, but that's part of being a contributing citizen, not a leech.

Old 05-25-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Not sure why you quoted me in this response. I wasn't exactly advocating for the guy to get a reality gig -- and I kind of doubt that he actually could, certainly not something like 'The Bachelor' where some degree of personal appeal is required. My only point was that even low-level job would be a better option. He may not WANT one, but he may be backed into a corner here and have no real choice beyond living on the streets.
I was actually agreeing with your post and reiterating why. Sorry I didn’t make that clear.

I am on board with you on this.

I can not imagine how this is all going to shake out.

No solid basis for this but I wonder: is his mom not all on board with it? He says his father sleeps in the basement but his mother sleeps in the master bedroom. That could mean anything, but then there was the mom going against the judge’s decision (after all the hubbub to get him out!) and asking to give him more time.

If the parents are at all divided that way, I’m sure he’s leaning hard on the mom and figures she’ll stand up for him once again on June 1. If so, I wouldn’t be surprised if the father walked.

This guy needs to stop just not caring how this may be affecting his parents, it is a really unfair position to put them in. It has to have been an enormous strain. He’ll kill them with this and then what?

Old 05-25-2018, 02:55 PM

19,021 posts, read 14,198,297 times
He may be ducking work to avoid criminal liability for unpaid noncustodial child support. But I lack hard facts to support that.

Old 05-25-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
No solid basis for this but I wonder: is his mom not all on board with it? He says his father sleeps in the basement but his mother sleeps in the master bedroom. That could mean anything, but then there was the mom going against the judge’s decision (after all the hubbub to get him out!) and asking to give him more time.
I wondered if maybe the mom wasn't concerned about what the guy would do if forced to leave immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events