Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2018, 08:30 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,992,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Interesting. I wonder why they couldn't try a bunch of easier things, like changing the door lock, cutting off his internet, installing a locked gate to keep out the car, putting a lock on the refrigerator, etc.
They may have. They say they had been trying for quite some time before it finally came down to letters and court. He said “They stopped feeding me.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2018, 06:25 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,457,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
[/b] Please educate yourself about conception - and contraception.

It takes ONE TIME for pregnancy to occur. Not every time, not all the time - but one time. Please memorize these two sentences.

Similarly, pregnancy does not require "seduction". He may have forced the mother of his child, or blackmailed her, she may have been drunk or using drugs or passed out - it appears to have been a one-night stand, and may not have even been that.

Added later: It appears that he has a history of stalking, dating back to 2009. Shortly after that, he moved in with his parents, it appears. How old is his child? He looks about seven in the blurred photos I've seen.

So in 2009, he was arrested for stalking and trespassing and told to keep his guns locked up. He had three guns and a crossbow at that time. About a year later, in 2010, he moved in with his parents. And shortly after that, fathered a child out of wedlock, who appears to have been born around 2011. Thanks to the poster who added this significant information to the backstory.

My comment, not copied above for some unknown quirk of C-D, was that he had failed to support and so had lost custody of his out-of-wedlock child. Note: he was not married or in a relationship with the child's mother, yet he fathered a child on her. We do not know the circumstances of that conception, other than it took one time and one time only for a baby to result. It is NOT "impressive" that he impregnated someone. It's highly irresponsible.

It may have also been irresponsible for the mother of the child not to use birth control - but she may not have had a chance to do so. However, he certainly had the chance to do so - and he appears to have failed. Or birth control may have failed, unlikely though that is.

But regardless of how the child got here, his father is failing to pay child support for his little boy, who is of course totally without blame and innocent in all this. I have to wonder about the child's mother's stability, if custody was given to the child's very flawed father - and where that child is living at present. It appears that Michael's parents are also seeking custody - not sure if that is a good thing or not.

He looks like a big guy - out of shape, but big. He could have overpowered the mother of his child, and if so, that's rape. I hope that's not included in his growing list of wrongs.

I am educated about conception and contraception. This guy getting laid even once in order to father a child is impressive. He has greasy hair, an unkempt mustache and beard combination, he's unemployed, he lives with his parents, and he has poor social skills.

I'm not impressed with the woman that gave birth to his child. In this current environment, where single men far outnumber single woman, almost any woman can demand anything out of a man and get it in the mating marketplace. Very unimpressive women are landing quality men and this loser of a guy is what this woman opts for with a wide array of choices. Even for one night, he is an awful choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I think you misunderstand New York's court system.

The "Supreme" Courts in New York are equivalent to Superior Courts in California or Common Pleas Courts in Ohio.

The New York State Supreme Court is a totally different court.

This case did not appear before the New York State Supreme Court, rather it appeared before a lower court, even lower than appeals courts, in New York, and all of the lower primary courts are called "Supreme" Courts.

This is some good commentary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
Give me a break.
I am not a millenial, but I know many, and I know the whole "living with your parents' thing is something that is simply economic necessity since so many oldsters messed up the economy. Oh, you don't like being called inept? Neither does an entire generation. I know more millenials who work themselves to the bone and still can't get anywhere, so I don't cotton to these arguments. They are the lazy man's alternative to thinking.

The older 60-65% of the Millennial generation (the ones born in the 1980s) are going to be the biggest lost generation in the history of the United States. The 1980s born Millennials graduated into lousy economies in the 2000s and early 2010s, and their career progressions have been irreparably damaged. Some will recover to an extent, but research shows that graduating into economic malaise impacts one's career for 2-3 decades or more.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:13 AM

19,619 posts, read 12,215,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
I am educated about conception and contraception. This guy getting laid even once in order to father a child is impressive. He has greasy hair, an unkempt mustache and beard combination, he's unemployed, he lives with his parents, and he has poor social skills.

I'm not impressed with the woman that gave birth to his child. In this current environment, where single men far outnumber single woman, almost any woman can demand anything out of a man and get it in the mating marketplace. Very unimpressive women are landing quality men and this loser of a guy is what this woman opts for with a wide array of choices. Even for one night, he is an awful choice.

This is some good commentary.

The older 60-65% of the Millennial generation (the ones born in the 1980s) are going to be the biggest lost generation in the history of the United States. The 1980s born Millennials graduated into lousy economies in the 2000s and early 2010s, and their career progressions have been irreparably damaged. Some will recover to an extent, but research shows that graduating into economic malaise impacts one's career for 2-3 decades or more.
Excuses. There have been recessions all through the generations including boomers. The eighties had one at the beginning and one at the end. Older millennials have had ample opportunity to get it together.

As far as Rotondo, he didn't always look like the shlub he is now. He looked normal in high school and later he had some type of punk or goth look that some girls think is cool.

Old 05-27-2018, 04:10 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,189,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
Give me a break.
I am not a millenial, but I know many, and I know the whole "living with your parents' thing is something that is simply economic necessity.....
Actually, not all men live with Mom and Dad out of necessity. Sometimes it is because they have not found the right woman and they don't like living alone. I didn't like living alone either so when Mom died, I moved back home with Dad.

Both my late husband and I had revolving doors at our parents' house. I would get married, divorce and move back home. He would live with a woman, the relationship would end, he would go home. Until we met each other, lived together for 6 years and then got married.

There really is nothing bad with living at home with your parents if everybody gets along. The only tough thing is sex.

Old 05-27-2018, 04:30 PM

13,247 posts, read 7,300,036 times
Quote:

I don't really understand that statement? When I graduated I worked at a gas station for $3.35 an hour pumping gas in 1991. Friend of mine got me a job with a company in the field I graduated in making $7 an hour my first job. When you start out your not going to land 150k job unless you go to a high end school most come from collage's no one ever heard of. I would have worked two $3.35 jobs slept in a car before I would go back to living at home.

Old 05-27-2018, 04:59 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,376,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I don't really understand that statement? When I graduated I worked at a gas station for $3.35 an hour pumping gas in 1991. Friend of mine got me a job with a company in the field I graduated in making $7 an hour my first job. When you start out your not going to land 150k job unless you go to a high end school most come from collage's no one ever heard of. I would have worked two $3.35 jobs slept in a car before I would go back to living at home.
And that's great. But some people live at home and save up their paychecks to buy a house. I know someone who did that.

Old 05-27-2018, 05:06 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,707,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
The poster was referencing career jobs, not gas station jobs. It's true that many people's careers were irreparably damaged as a result of The Great Recession. Entire industries were disappearing, and in some places, even gas station jobs were in short supply.

I don't see much wrong with adult children living with their parents under the right circumstances as long as everyone in the household is okay with it, but this isn't one of those situations.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:17 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,992,865 times
Quote:
But he USED to be 22, in school, supposedly with a future in engineering, with a haircut, and with a 22-year-old body.

In the pictures the child looks maybe 7 or 8. This guy was young when his ex got pregnqnt, young enough to still be living at home, probably seemed smart compared to the other guys, came from a nice home, was majoring in some form of engineering, possibly not as set in his reclusive ways than he would be 8 years down the road.

Also, brooding, intense, etc. can be sexy on a college age guy. At 30...still brooding, no job and so on...whimpering about not wanting to work Saturdays, begging Mommy to let him stay...not appealing at all.

Still not sure why you persist in driving home the fact that this guy had sex.This guy having had sex has literally nothing to do with the situation. What's the fascination? Whether or not this guy had ever had sex, he'd still be deliberately jobless, at home, etc. He'd have another excuse than his son, to whom he does not appear to have been a great father to begin with.

Last edited by JerZ; 05-27-2018 at 06:26 PM..

Old 05-30-2018, 09:28 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,777,868 times
Evicted millennial New York Michael Rotondo reveals his heartbreak | Daily Mail Online

The mother of his son is afraid of what's going to happen when he has to leave the parents' house. Apparently, he has a diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia, although he contests that. He claims he cannot see his son because he cannot find anyone to supervise the visits. That alone says how very socially isolated he is. Usually the court would provide a social worker to supervise visits, if necessary.

People with paranoid schizophrenia are usually not capable of mounting the kind of barrage of self-represented legal battles that he's been engaged in for the past 8 years or so. Their thinking is too disordered. He spoke intelligently in court. I still think he's more likely to have autism. And I'm afraid of what's going to happen when he is finally forced out of his parents' home.

Old 05-30-2018, 12:57 PM

19,619 posts, read 12,215,689 times
It's scary when things like this happen.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...oqI?li=BBnbfcL

Quote:
A man who court records show had a long history of mental illness and drug abuse attacked and killed his parents and then took his life in their Winfield, Ill., home last week, police said Tuesday.

Karl Clinkenbeard and his parents, Clyde and Nancy Clinkenbeard, were found dead on May 21, all from multiple injuries from a sharp-edged object, police said later that week.

Tuesday evening, authorities announced their conclusion that Karl Clinkenbeard, 50, was the perpetrator, attacking his parents and then apparently killing himself.

Police said the attack was "most likely" prompted by Karl Clinkenbeard learning that his parents intended to remove him from their Jefferson Street home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events