Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 05:51 AM

24,619 posts, read 9,449,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Geez, looks like she could beat up any guy also.

Anyways, you throw stuff at and assault someone, expect a response.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mcdo...171119044.html
These are the type of folks who expect minimal wage hikes by corporate.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 07:14 AM

4,992 posts, read 5,287,862 times
My favorite comment from the Daily Mail story. "McDonald¿s is all about having it your way, customer wanted a fight and she got a good one."

That video with the two customers who went behind the counter is disturbing, but they are the ones who went behind the counter. The guy did go a bit beyond self defense.

Old 07-27-2018, 07:24 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Um, I don't think they went to finishing school...
The soda thief did that day! She's certainly got "finished" and "schooled"!

Old 07-27-2018, 07:56 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
Employees need to deescalate a problem rather than respond like wannabe Rambos with their fists and bulk. All employees and customers are put at risk when an employee physically punches for any reason an enraged customer.

Employees need to step back when a customer goes crazy. Let the police handle it. Call 911 and step back. McDonald's is insurance for any damage.

I would fire that white-shirted employee who initially closed the distance and started plummeting the customer with her fists. That's completely unacceptable.

Old 07-27-2018, 08:51 AM

10,347 posts, read 8,564,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Employees need to deescalate a problem rather than respond like wannabe Rambos with their fists and bulk. All employees and customers are put at risk when an employee physically punches for any reason an enraged customer.

Employees need to step back when a customer goes crazy. Let the police handle it. Call 911 and step back. McDonald's is insurance for any damage.

I would fire that white-shirted employee who initially closed the distance and started plummeting the customer with her fists. That's completely unacceptable.
What was unacceptable was the customers behavior, multiple times.
Why do people act that way? Because they usually get away with it because of the attitude of not getting involved and just call the police who show up late.
Why makes you think that after each escalating step with the third of attempted physical harm by throwing the tray that physical harm wasn't going to happen anyways to someone?
By not doing anything the customer was emboldened to get more and more aggressive. I understand what you are saying, but nowadays I think people get crazier more and more because they think there will be little consequences.
While I'm sorry this kind of thing happens, personally I enjoyed seeing her get her come uppance.
She's got some bruises maybe and a whole lot of public embarrassment.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:18 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
The soda thief did that day! She's certainly got "finished" and "schooled"!
BAM! LOL!!

Old 07-27-2018, 09:22 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
It was a stripper vs a McDonalds employee.
It was Asian female vs I believe Hawaiian/Samoan or Mexican/Central American female

LOL at both of their glamour shots. You ladies be crazy!

Pictured: Las Vegas woman who threw milkshake on McDonald's worker and employee who body slammed her | Daily Mail Online
Yes. I think this should that Chavolla's photo should be filed for future reference if anyone ever asks, "what is a skank?"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/skank

Old 07-27-2018, 09:25 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
What was unacceptable was the customers behavior, multiple times.
Why do people act that way? Because they usually get away with it because of the attitude of not getting involved and just call the police who show up late.
Why makes you think that after each escalating step with the third of attempted physical harm by throwing the tray that physical harm wasn't going to happen anyways to someone?
By not doing anything the customer was emboldened to get more and more aggressive. I understand what you are saying, but nowadays I think people get crazier more and more because they think there will be little consequences.
While I'm sorry this kind of thing happens, personally I enjoyed seeing her get her come uppance.
She's got some bruises maybe and a whole lot of public embarrassment.
Of course it was unacceptable. I never said otherwise.

So what if the customer was temporarily emboldened to destroy stuff? McDonald's has insurance. If a customer attacks, defend yourself. But that's not what happened as far as I can tell. I see the customer having a hissy fit, throwing things around and screaming. The tray didn't get thrown until Big Bertha charged her like a mad bull. I'd have thrown the tray too if I saw that pissed off Thing stormin' towards me.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:33 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Of course it was unacceptable. I never said otherwise.

So what if the customer was temporarily emboldened to destroy stuff? McDonald's has insurance. If a customer attacks, defend yourself. But that's not what happened as far as I can tell. I see the customer having a hissy fit, throwing things around and screaming. The tray didn't get thrown until Big Bertha charged her like a mad bull. I'd have thrown the tray too if I saw that pissed off Thing stormin' towards me.
Wow... Really?

First, that "thing" is a person. Why the need to devalue a person like that just because she works in fast food or isn't pretty enough for you?

The "customer" had already thrown a milkshake at the manager, and hit her with a try before she was ever touched. At the end of the video, she goes after the manager again, this time with a metal bar chair. Let's not pretend like this "customer" wasn't trying to do harm to the manager. This wasn't just a hiasy fit she was having, she was a danger to others.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:35 AM

661 posts, read 880,162 times
Quote:

I guess you didn't see the first part of the video, the customer "attacked" the female McDonalds employee with a cup full of soft drink , right to her face.
What would you do? stay in there and laugh ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events