Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2018, 05:05 PM

468 posts, read 355,964 times

Advertisements

I just read this

Mollie Tibbetts reward fund at nearly $316,000

and the last line caught my attention where it says her boyfriend said:

"Dalton Jack says he received a Snapchat message from Tibbetts July 18, after she would have returned from her run. Authorities haven't found her Fitbit or cellphone."

After she would have returned from her run??

I had previously read he had opened it around 10 PM but couldn't remember much of it and did not know when she sent it......I have heard of Snapchat but haven't a clue how it is used...so could someone here who does use it please post and say if it has a time stamp of when it was actually sent on the message or photo ? If you receive a snapshot from someone does it tell you when that person sent it ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 05:42 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,012,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Long Island Tom View Post
I just read this

Mollie Tibbetts reward fund at nearly $316,000

and the last line caught my attention where it says her boyfriend said:

"Dalton Jack says he received a Snapchat message from Tibbetts July 18, after she would have returned from her run. Authorities haven't found her Fitbit or cellphone."

After she would have returned from her run??

I had previously read he had opened it around 10 PM but couldn't remember much of it and did not know when she sent it......I have heard of Snapchat but haven't a clue how it is used...so could someone here who does use it please post and say if it has a time stamp of when it was actually sent on the message or photo ? If you receive a snapshot from someone does it tell you when that person sent it ?

It says how long ago it was sent, so like 12m or 2h. Its in smaller print under their username, so I doubt too many people pay much attention to when it was sent.

Old 08-09-2018, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
It says how long ago it was sent, so like 12m or 2h. Its in smaller print under their username, so I doubt too many people pay much attention to when it was sent.
Thank you !

Old 08-09-2018, 06:24 PM

405 posts, read 257,037 times
The boyfriend working 100 miles away doesn't mean anything - it's an hour and a half drive. He could have killed her at 10.30 and been back by midnight and to work in the morning, dropping the body off along the way. Not saying he should be a suspect, but neither should working 100 miles away eliminate him either. Anyway, the father's latest news conference implies that he believes that the abductor was someone she knows and that they have a suspect in mind.

Old 08-09-2018, 06:32 PM

764 posts, read 391,785 times
She had to get back to her mother's house that night because her 2 red shirts she needed for work were there. They think she jogged the mile there. I HOPE the FBI interviewed every neighbor on that route. I'm wondering if someone in a car she knew hollered to her to give her a ride.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWLC View Post
the father's latest news conference implies that he believes that the abductor was someone she knows and that they have a suspect in mind.
Let us hope so as the earlier in the week law enforcement press conference that was moved to tomorrow, Friday, now has been cancelled and moved to Monday.....so some breaking news could be coming by than....I have a gut feeling tomorrow will bring breaking news. Hoping for the best for Mollie Tibbetts.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:29 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,486,905 times
The night Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts went missing, she likely left her boyfriend’s home with someone she knew. That’s one leading theory posited by a former FBI profiler, who reviewed the previous reporting on the case at the request of Fox News.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/074ca2f...kely-went.html

Old 08-10-2018, 12:14 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
Quote:
The boyfriend working 100 miles away doesn't mean anything - it's an hour and a half drive. He could have killed her at 10.30 and been back by midnight and to work in the morning, dropping the body off along the way. Not saying he should be a suspect, but neither should working 100 miles away eliminate him either. Anyway, the father's latest news conference implies that he believes that the abductor was someone she knows and that they have a suspect in mind.
The boyfriend would have been the very first suspect according to LE. I'm sure they've gone exhausted every possible scenario that could have involved him.

Old 08-10-2018, 12:24 PM

15,416 posts, read 9,055,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
The night Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts went missing, she likely left her boyfriend’s home with someone she knew. That’s one leading theory posited by a former FBI profiler, who reviewed the previous reporting on the case at the request of Fox News.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/074ca2f...kely-went.html
The opinion of somebody who has no more knowledge of the case, then we do.

Old 08-10-2018, 12:26 PM

15,416 posts, read 9,055,068 times
Quote:
He has been cleared by investigators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events