Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 09:20 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times

Advertisements

Did anyone even watch the video?

He didn't pour a glass of water on him, it was an entire pitcher of water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2018, 09:35 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Did anyone even watch the video?

He didn't pour a glass of water on him, it was an entire pitcher of water.
I agree with you. This was a large pitcher of ice water.

Cruel.

Old 10-02-2018, 09:58 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,643,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Which prompts the question of "why was the store empty?". The case could be made that it was because he was there in the first place, and running off customers. And whether he was a 'threat' to anyone isn't the point. It has to do with appearances and public perception that a business owner has to maintain to keep customers coming into his store. Everyone who works there depends on that for their livelihood. It's not a matter of the store owner's views on homeless people, it has to do with the volume of patron traffic for his business. Like it or not the public at large will likely avoid a business that doesn't maintain a certain 'standard'.
I'd certainly avoid a business run by people who feel it's okay to mistreat others. And I very much doubt a guy sitting there sleeping would keep other customers away. If the guy had been disruptive and belligerent, it would have been a different situation. But given the circumstances, this was completely indefensible.

Old 10-02-2018, 09:59 PM

16,076 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I agree with you. This was a large pitcher of ice water.

Cruel.
Where do you get that it was ice water, there was no ice in the pitcher in the video?

Old 10-02-2018, 10:30 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Where do you get that it was ice water, there was no ice in the pitcher in the video?
Does it matter if there was ice in it? It was a pitcher of water they threw on him when he was asleep which had to be frightening when it happened.

He is a young man who has schizophrenia and that is why he lives on the streets. They were treating him like a dog.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:34 PM

16,076 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Does it matter if there was ice in it? It was a pitcher of water they threw on him when he was asleep which had to be frightening when it happened.

He is a young man who has schizophrenia and that is why he lives on the streets. They were treating him like a dog.
Yes, it matters. The incident was bad enough, I saw no need to embellish on it to make it appear even worse than it was. It's just as bad as stating that the employees 'gave the man water'. I like accuracy.

Old 10-03-2018, 03:22 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Dunkin Donuts gives water to a homeless man.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...4Rl?li=BBnb7Kz

I've always like Dunkin Donuts in the past however didn't have any stores in my area after moving. Now there is a new store that Dunkin had opened. I believe the corporate and franchise owner did the right thing by firing the employees involved. There are always better ways to deal with people in a place of business.
I'm not seeing the video at your link

Dunkin' Donuts employees fired after 'disturbed' viral video shows worker dumping water on homeless man

Really disgusting that they did that. Glad they lost their jobs.

Of course there's a go fund me for him now.

$17,532 of $150 goal Raised by 953 people in 1 day to get him a new set of clothes and a meal and phone charger

Last edited by toosie; 10-03-2018 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: Deleted link - soliciting

Old 10-03-2018, 07:00 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,476,268 times
Aww, there's a GoFundMe Page in his honor. How sweet! Let me rush over there and donate money I've worked hard for my entire working life.

In this age of welfare, free food and free government housing, this guy shouldn't be sleeping in a business someone else worked hard to start and maintain. I realize that many people, mostly the young, believe that employment and hard work are America's biggest enemy... but in reality it is misplaced compassion that's killing us.

Whatever happened to vagrancy laws? Do they still exist? If not we need to reinstate them to protect America's places of business from being turned into flop houses for the homeless.

Old 10-03-2018, 07:04 AM

17,206 posts, read 15,404,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I'm not seeing the video at your link

Dunkin' Donuts employees fired after 'disturbed' viral video shows worker dumping water on homeless man

Really disgusting that they did that. Glad they lost their jobs.

Of course there's a go fund me for him now.

$17,532 of $150 goal Raised by 953 people in 1 day to get him a new set of clothes and a meal and phone charger
Whoever started his GoFundMe is going to make quite a bit of money. People love giving their money away.

Last edited by toosie; 10-03-2018 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted post

Old 10-03-2018, 07:07 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,574,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Dunkin Donuts gives water to a homeless man.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...4Rl?li=BBnb7Kz

I've always like Dunkin Donuts in the past however didn't have any stores in my area after moving. Now there is a new store that Dunkin had opened. I believe the corporate and franchise owner did the right thing by firing the employees involved. There are always better ways to deal with people in a place of business.
Did this happen on St George's Ave in Linden NJ? Wouldn't surprise me at all.

We had/have waaaaay too many bums in there . They play games, want to pay $1.74 or $1.99 for a $2.02 item... Stay in there all day ... Go to the one in Elizabeth, come back... All day...

Im not saying dumping water on them is the RIGHT thing to do (kinda is funny though,) just that bums are a problem.

^ $17,532? Shoot, I should open up a GFM. I need help too. But I work two jobs, so. I dont know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events