Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 08:26 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
A drug dealer's worst nightmare is the legalization of drugs.
It's not the dealer, but the pusher that's the problem. I still have an issue with hard drug, seen too many kids with tombstone eyes in otherwise progressive Europe.

"You know I've smoked a lot of grass
O'Lord, I've popped a lot of pills
But I never touched nothin'
That my spirit could kill
You know, I've seen a lot of people walkin' 'round
With tombstones in their eyes
But the pusher don't care
Ah, if you live or if you die

You know the dealer, the dealer is a man
With the love grass in his hand
Oh but the pusher is a monster
Good God, he's not a natural man
The dealer for a nickel
Lord, will sell you lots of sweet dreams
Ah, but the pusher ruin your body
Lord, he'll leave your, he'll leave your mind to scream

God damn, the pusher
God damn, I say the pusher
I said God damn, God damn the pusher man"

Steppenwolf "The Pusher"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2018, 09:05 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Well, that certainly explains all of your whacky posts.

All you've done is exchange one drug for another.
WRONG! Suboxone is a maintenance drug...for the past 2 years, Ive NOT been spending my entire check on heroin, NOT been missing work due to being sick, I am a productive, functioning member of society again.

There is NO danger of overdose and getting a 'bad batch' (like with street heroin).

Old 12-29-2018, 11:51 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,476,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
WRONG! Suboxone is a maintenance drug...for the past 2 years, Ive NOT been spending my entire check on heroin, NOT been missing work due to being sick, I am a productive, functioning member of society again.

There is NO danger of overdose and getting a 'bad batch' (like with street heroin).

I tried to rep you, but couldn't. Take good care of yourself, rstevens62. I am glad you sought and found the help you need.

Old 12-29-2018, 12:58 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,648,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well the book is not just about pharma companies - it's also about Mexican cartels and the new ways they are moving heroin into this country.

By the way, I am not doubting your story at all, but my story is that here in NE Texas, a person can get opiates prescribed easily. I have a pretty huge stash of them in my safe because I've recently been prescribed opiates for several conditions. I hardly took any of them. But if my brother could get to them, he'd steal them from me and there is no doubt about it - he's done it before (not to me - he stole our GRANDMOTHER'S PAIN MEDICATION WHEN SHE HAD BONE CANCER).
Yes, I was prescribed and readily got plenty of oxy after my hip replacement in TX. Also, a friend gave me his stash of oxy from CA. Some states are lenient.

Other than helping me sleep, I don't get any kind of "high" from it, so don't know what the big deal is.

I ordered that book, thanks.

Old 12-29-2018, 01:51 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,764,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Other than helping me sleep, I don't get any kind of "high" from it, so don't know what the big deal is.
5-10mg at a time, none. It was just enough to knock down the postsurgical pain in my knee to let me sleep well.

Higher doses are something else.

Old 12-29-2018, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Yes, I was prescribed and readily got plenty of oxy after my hip replacement in TX. Also, a friend gave me his stash of oxy from CA. Some states are lenient.

I ordered that book, thanks.
My ex-wife was the same way, she never saw what the big deal was with oxys and other opioids, they just made her tired, and she also said she didnt feel any different than she normally does, so they must not effect everyone the same way, personally, I feel MUCH better, physically and mentally from opioids, its like an instant 'be in a great mood' pill.

Old 12-29-2018, 11:52 PM

190 posts, read 129,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

A society that hates us. Get the sickness and get caught they will give us jail and a record to destroy job opportunities but little help.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:28 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,476,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBikeRider View Post
A society that hates us. Get the sickness and get caught they will give us jail and a record to destroy job opportunities but little help.

Just because we don't pity you, it doesn't mean we hate you. Please stop the drama. Get off the Pity Pot.

Drug addiction isn't a "sickness". And alcoholism isn't "a disease". Both are ADDICTIONS that result from grossly bad personal habits and wrong choices. Those habits and choices are known to be dangerous from the start, yet people chose to engage anyway.

If an addiction starts innocently enough through the use of doctor prescribed pain medication, you'll get a droplet of pity from me, but I'll never show it to you.

Why?

Because pity is dangerous. Pity doesn't save anybody. Pity kills. Pity pushes a drowning person's head further under water. I'll throw you a rope and tell you to kick your butt off, but I'll never pat you one the head and say "aw, you poor diseased thing".

If you can't handle these truth, beware. It means you're in trouble already. You may or may not already know that.

Don't get mad at me. Get mad at those who pity you. They're killers.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBikeRider View Post
Its kind of funny, they made sure to crack down on the pharma companies and people getting pain pills from doctors, but now all those people hand their cash over t0 the heroin dealers and all that money goes back to the cartel...very suspicious imo.

If I owned a pharma company, I would be PISSED, govt made my drugs harder to get and helped increase cartel profits...isnt that a form of treason when a govt agency uses US laws as a means to help a criminal organization profit or benefit?

Old 12-30-2018, 09:21 AM

190 posts, read 129,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Just because we don't pity you, it doesn't mean we hate you. Please stop the drama. Get off the Pity Pot.

Drug addiction isn't a "sickness". And alcoholism isn't "a disease". Both are ADDICTIONS that result from grossly bad personal habits and wrong choices. Those habits and choices are known to be dangerous from the start, yet people chose to engage anyway.

If an addiction starts innocently enough through the use of doctor prescribed pain medication, you'll get a droplet of pity from me, but I'll never show it to you.

Why?

Because pity is dangerous. Pity doesn't save anybody. Pity kills. Pity pushes a drowning person's head further under water. I'll throw you a rope and tell you to kick your butt off, but I'll never pat you one the head and say "aw, you poor diseased thing".

If you can't handle these truth, beware. It means you're in trouble already. You may or may not already know that.

Don't get mad at me. Get mad at those who pity you. They're killers.

That's interesting, I could do a long post explaining how no one asks for drug or alcoholism but the pity thing kind of works both ways.

When I see on the news that a cop got shot at a traffic stop I don't pity them. Those bad habits of being revenue generators for the state, behaving so badly there are 100,000 videos on YouTube of the most horrific behavior imaginable, these behavoirs are known to be dangerous from the start, yet people chose to engage anyway.

Society lets them get away with this. Skokie woman's face shattered after being launched into concrete jail cell bench

Skokie woman's face shattered after being launched into concrete jail cell bench.

State run playgrounds for sadists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMWDxwL1Zog

They know every one in a wile someone says no way I am not getting kidnapped and extorted tonight and takes action. And I see on the news a dead cop. I don't pity them.

Last edited by DirtBikeRider; 12-30-2018 at 09:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events