Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 11:19 AM

190 posts, read 129,059 times

Advertisements

"Hold on, this is waiting to be approved by WWAY TV3." Tell me that BEFORE I bother writing one !!!
https://www.wwaytv3.com/2018/12/24/f...-hospitalized/

My comment:

The system is designed to destroy people. They know most people who abuse drugs have underlying issues with trauma, usually a history of child abuse, anxiety and depression ect so what they do is try and inflict as much trauma, abuses anxiety and depression on anyone they catch with a drug problem. Frist the jail trauma. Kidnapped and abused by the government, then they attack your finances with fines, fees and court costs, then the set up to fail probation, then if you make it they give you a permanent record to destroy future job opportunities.

Most addicted people don't suicide or OD until after contact with that wrenched system.
Got a drug problem ? Don't get caught cause this system WANTS you dead.

70,000 deaths a year.

I guess they will be search raping women soon in the American gulags, always an excuse for more abuse from these people.

Meanwhile in Portugal ….. Want to Win the War on Drugs? Portugal Might Have the Answer | Time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2018, 11:46 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
There also seems to be a belief that if an addict is separated from his/her drug of choice long enough, then they are magically cured of being an addict, but it doesn't work that way. They need treatment while incarcerated. Even in my work I see this false belief (skilled nursing facility rehab). We'll get someone with a drug or alcohol problem who has a stroke or falls and breaks a bone, they undergo all this physical rehab for months, but no one addresses the addiction. Then we send them home and they are right back to the bottle or needle, because the psychological part of being addicted is never addressed.

Old 12-26-2018, 11:46 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
NO ONE ever brings up, how ALL this dope continues to come in and reach its destination...heroin cannot be made 'DIY', like meth, or marijuana.

Old 12-26-2018, 12:58 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,077,558 times
Drugs and addiction generate revenue.

I'd never do heroin, but I do wonder what that high is like. It's crazy to think it was once used to try and help with the morphine addiction.

Old 12-26-2018, 01:48 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,762,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBikeRider View Post
Most addicted people don't suicide or OD until after contact with that wrenched system.
A misleading statement in that most addicts cross a legal line long before they hit bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
It's crazy to think it was once used to try and help with the morphine addiction.
Well, that was well over a hundred years ago, and the idea that small doses of a very potent opioid would suppress addiction without impairing mentation was a good one. The notion is used successfully in many other areas of medicine.

The same guy invented the commercial processes for both heroin and aspirin, by the way.

Old 12-26-2018, 04:05 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,484,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBikeRider View Post
The system is designed to destroy people.
The system isn't designed with any people in mind at all except for voters. It's designed by politicians desperate to appear 'tough on crime'. The United States incarcerates a larger percentage of its populace than any other nation on Earth by far. And the result? Nothing to brag about - a fairly high violent crime rate compared to other lineral democracies... to say nothing of the considerable social disruption and the economic cost.

But, hey, as long as clueless voters get their "Yeah, take that, you druggies!" warm fuzzies, that's all that matters...

Old 12-27-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
Drugs and addiction generate revenue.

I'd never do heroin, but I do wonder what that high is like. It's crazy to think it was once used to try and help with the morphine addiction.
Heroin is basically a VERY strong painkiller, heroin and morphine are almost the exact same thing, but when heroin is cooked and injected, it morphs into 6MAM.

When I tried explaining what a heroin high feels like to my dad, I said, just imagine a drug that takes all your pain away (emotional and physical), puts you in a GREAT mood, and also gives you motivation.

Old 12-27-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
A misleading statement in that most addicts cross a legal line long before they hit bottom.

Well, that was well over a hundred years ago, and the idea that small doses of a very potent opioid would suppress addiction without impairing mentation was a good one. The notion is used successfully in many other areas of medicine.

The same guy invented the commercial processes for both heroin and aspirin, by the way.
Thats basically what Suboxone is/does! It is a mild opioid, its taken in small doses every day, so recovering addicts do not get sick from withdrawl.

I have been on Suboxone maintenance for about 4 years, I know I will take it the rest of my life.

Old 12-27-2018, 11:13 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,421,534 times
That’s interesting. I always thought heroin just made you very sleepy. I guess that’s the way it’s portrayed in movies, etc. People stealing to support the habit, then shooting up and passing out.

I grew up in a middle/upper middle-class neighborhood. There was a young couple down the street who were recovering heroin addicts. They had two little boys I babysat when I was around 13. What I remember fondly is how my neighborhood never ostracized that family. They were included in all social activities, parties, etc. We all wanted them to succeed.
As far as I know they made it.

Old 12-27-2018, 11:15 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
NO ONE ever brings up, how ALL this dope continues to come in and reach its destination...heroin cannot be made 'DIY', like meth, or marijuana.
Read "Dreamland" and weep.
DREAMLAND - The True Tale of America's Opiate Epidemic

I can't think of a way to fight this epidemic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events