Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 11:58 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I guess I missed something as unlike CatTx - I didn't see anything in the video that suggested the cashier had any thoughts either way and it doesn't change the fact the women girls whatever need to be in anger management.
I guess his point is that he was a victim of credit card fraud. Which is not really relevant because even if someone's card is rejected because of fraud, they still have no rights to get violently angry at the mall when the card is declined. And I know plenty of people who carry cash on them in case there is a problem with their card. If this girl had even $8 cash on her, the card being declined would likely not be a problem.

Old 01-26-2019, 01:43 PM

1,168 posts, read 776,979 times
I'm assuming they only got the employees' side of the incident and I'm betting it involved more than a declined card, despite what we're being told.

Old 01-26-2019, 03:59 PM

21,922 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
As my daughter would say, "not for nothing" but it is not just Houston malls that are experiencing this type of erratic behavior and unsafe environments it is almost (and unfortunately) common place "these days".

A friend of mine from Chicago mentioned these two incidents to me recently, unbelievable. When we were kids we would go to the mall for a day to be out and about and never once did we need to worry about this type of violence and crazy behavior. I have no clue what any of this behavior is attributed to, none whatsoever.

The world has gone completely MAD! Is there something in the drinking water, is it the opiod/drug crisis???? I have no clue!

Extra security at North Riverside mall after social media ...

NORTH RIVERSIDE, Ill. — A suburban mall increased security measures after social media threats. People under the age of 17 are not being allowed inside North Riverside Park Mall without parental...

https://wgntv.com/2019/01/02/extra-s...orth-riverside...

And another incident a couple of weeks or so later, it certainly doesn't inspire me to want to be in any public venues whatsoever.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ge/2641486002/
I used to work for the company that owned that mall. It's a scary place. Or it was 15 years ago. I assume it hasn't improved much since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
It's possible these girls have gotten everything free their whole lives. I wonder if they've ever worked at a job for money. I still think they should learn how to cook and prepare their own food at home, which I mentioned earlier and someone objected to. But they shouldn't be eating out if they have problems with their credit cards. It's not that hard to make a sandwich and take it with you to the mall.
My guess is they got the stuff for free after throwing their tantrum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustratedintelligence View Post
I'm assuming they only got the employees' side of the incident and I'm betting it involved more than a declined card, despite what we're being told.
Like what?

Old 01-26-2019, 04:06 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Every time I see one of these videos of a mall outburst it usually involves people of color...don't understand.
Really? It can be any color of person. Outbursts in public aren't limited to a particular race.

anyway, I have seen someone with declined cards require the cashier to call the credit card company and try to straighten it out, while holding up a long line of people, so they she buy the stuff they wanted. It didn't work, even after all that. She didn't get violent but she made a big scene.

Old 01-26-2019, 06:52 PM

1,380 posts, read 1,449,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Really? It can be any color of person. Outbursts in public aren't limited to a particular race.

anyway, I have seen someone with declined cards require the cashier to call the credit card company and try to straighten it out, while holding up a long line of people, so they she buy the stuff they wanted. It didn't work, even after all that. She didn't get violent but she made a big scene.
Don't make excuses.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:49 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,049,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
That's why people are coming out to rob the people in the suburbs... the malls aren't safe any more.

"People"? You must have a very loose definition of what constitutes people.

It's sad that the US government and so-called "charities" are actively resettling more members of the 3rd world into our communities.

These creatures only destroy and debase. They do not create or produce or add any value to our society whatsoever.

Contrary to what's being taught in the universities these days, cultures are NOT created equally and intelligence IS a heritable genetic trait.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:53 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,503,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtt99 View Post
Don't make excuses.
How is that an excuse? It was a statement of simple truth. People of all races make outbursts in public.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:56 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Sort of knew what that would look like before I watched it. Privileged people as usual.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:02 PM

1,380 posts, read 1,449,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
How is that an excuse? It was a statement of simple truth. People of all races make outbursts in public.
You're right, but blacks are more notorious than anyone else. Find me a video of Asian teens causing a scene like this.

Old 01-26-2019, 09:20 PM

8,331 posts, read 2,962,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
True. But the rate at which it happens varies from race to race. Just like violent crime rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events