Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 08:57 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,373,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post

This woman chose to fly. She wasn't mandated to fly. "
She chose to fly but she didn't choose who she would be sitting next to on the plane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 09:01 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,716 times
Those morbidly obese people knew exactly what they were doing. They strategically took two seats, isle and window, not giving a rats butt who sat between them. I had a two fat guys on either side of me on a flight from Atlanta to Orlando and one could not wait one hour to eat his fat sub sandwich. I won't even go into his eating habits.

Old 01-30-2019, 09:03 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,017,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
She chose to fly but she didn't choose who she would be sitting next to on the plane.

She may very well HAVE chosen the seat she was in. Last time I flew, I DID pick the seat I wanted. We don't know in this woman's case.

Old 01-30-2019, 09:08 AM

265 posts, read 259,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
So, you really think that lower expectations equal justification for others bad behavior? By that logic, you can allow people to get away with practically anything, just by invoking ‘low expectations’. Sorry, but I don’t believe that I need to expect to be the meat in a fat sandwich when I buy a seat. Those two also chose to fly, and knew damn well they needed an empty middle seat.

You must be willing to take a lot of chit in your life, by accepting lower expectations. I expect people to have a basic respect towards others, and will not hesitate to speak up for myself when needed. Try it sometime. You may like it.
Agreed, absolutely correct. Let those who are inconsiderate pay for a private jet. If you can't control your behavior (excessive calorie consumption) bear the financial burden.

Old 01-30-2019, 09:09 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,373,059 times
Quote:
She may very well HAVE chosen the seat she was in. Last time I flew, I DID pick the seat I wanted. We don't know in this woman's case.
Sure, but nobody can predict they will wind up sandwiched between two passengers who weigh well over 350 pounds or more.

Old 01-30-2019, 09:09 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,862,033 times
The woman on her left (Award Winning Nurse?) kept smacking her lips and recording the crazy lady... it would’ve been interesting to see the result if no one had intervened.

Old 01-30-2019, 09:11 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,467,928 times
Quote:
No, you're the only one who doesn't know the answer to that. Nobody sane and with all cylinders working properly would have chosen to sit between those two butterballs.

And did anyone notice at the very start of that clip how filthy the back of the seat appeared? Mercy! What is that brown stuff?

Old 01-30-2019, 09:12 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,909,702 times
Simple solution. Put all the fatties in the same rows or same section, so they can fight each other for space. Its rude to make normal sized people inconvenienced and uncomfortable for the sake of the fatties. And for the record, airline seats are still big enough to handle most people. You've got to be a real land whale to spill into some elses seat.

Old 01-30-2019, 09:13 AM

265 posts, read 259,044 times
Quote:
When I have chosen a seat in the past, I did so with the reasonable expectation I would have the whole seat to myself. This is one situation I don't believe in sharing.

Old 01-30-2019, 09:15 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,411,561 times
They were kind of big but she was extremely rude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events