Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 12:37 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,555,546 times

Advertisements

I'm not understanding the story. She got out of the car, apparently walked away from the car, then walked back towards the car and fell at which point the husband backed over her as he was leaving.
Why did she get out of the car if he was leaving?
Why did she walk away from the car towards the street?
Why did she walk back towards the car?
The only scenario that makes any sense is the went someplace together, he had another errand to run and she didn't want to go, he dropped her off in the driveway and left again, not noticing that she had fallen behind the vehicle. If that's the case, why did she walk behind the vehicle towards the street - did she get the mail maybe? If that's the case why the hell wasn't he aware of her doing that?
I don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 01:09 PM

30,148 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbjen View Post
He had to be doing some speed to run over her with enough force to kill her. My SUV will barely go over the 2 inch lip at the entrance to my garage if I’m not putting my foot on the gas. No way I could go all the way over an entire adult person without some real force.

It would be like hitting a speed bump. Once the tires hit the body he would have had to hit the gas to run her over and it would have been obvious that he was running over something large. Hard to put that in the category of accident.

Old 02-19-2019, 01:17 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,957,322 times
He ran over her head.

https://thehollywoodunlocked.com/hus...alentines-day/

Old 02-19-2019, 01:25 PM

30,148 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post

From your link:

As of now, police have ruled the tragic death as an accident.

Interesting to see what the investigation uncovers. Clearly the police have not ruled out foul play.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:27 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbjen View Post
He had to be doing some speed to run over her with enough force to kill her. My SUV will barely go over the 2 inch lip at the entrance to my garage if I’m not putting my foot on the gas. No way I could go all the way over an entire adult person without some real force.
I see it all the time, people flooring it when backing out of a parking space or driveway.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:28 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
I'm not understanding the story. She got out of the car, apparently walked away from the car, then walked back towards the car and fell at which point the husband backed over her as he was leaving.
Why did she get out of the car if he was leaving?
Why did she walk away from the car towards the street?
Why did she walk back towards the car?
The only scenario that makes any sense is the went someplace together, he had another errand to run and she didn't want to go, he dropped her off in the driveway and left again, not noticing that she had fallen behind the vehicle. If that's the case, why did she walk behind the vehicle towards the street - did she get the mail maybe? If that's the case why the hell wasn't he aware of her doing that?
I don't get it.
Yes, I figured he was dropping her off and then going somewhere else. And that she was going to get the mail, pick up the newspaper, bring up the trash cans, etc... Maybe she communicated this to her husband, maybe not.

Old 02-19-2019, 04:14 PM

133 posts, read 87,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Yes, I figured he was dropping her off and then going somewhere else. And that she was going to get the mail, pick up the newspaper, bring up the trash cans, etc... Maybe she communicated this to her husband, maybe not.
This is by far the most logical response. Accidents happen in split seconds. He just pulled into the driveway so he knew nothing was around or behind the car as of a few seconds before. She very easily could have walked towards the house, he looked away from her for a split second and very likely didn't see her return or fall near the car. Not everyone performs a walk around safety check every time before reversing...

Old 02-19-2019, 05:00 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,887,329 times
I never walk behind a car if I can help it. I mean, if I get out of a car in the driveway, or someone drops me off out front, I walk around the front of the car even if it is farther to walk. To me it just seems sensible and also a courtesy to the driver.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:41 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
When I saw the thread title, the first thing I thought about was another particular tragic back-up accident....In 2008, singer Steven Curtis Chapman's teenage son was backing up the family Land Cruiser in the driveway and hit his 5 year old sister Maria Sue, who later died at a Nashville area hospital.
A similar incident occurred here, just last month. An adorable 4 year old boy died from his injuries when he was struck by a car at his home. The accident occurred in the driveway, and the driver was his mother. I can't even imagine her grief. It was a very rough day in that community, and folks still have not completely recovered.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:09 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,483,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
He ran over her head.
It happens...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYFdceIGBPI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events