Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 06:38 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,318,759 times

Advertisements

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/al...cid=spartandhp

I wonder if this is going to be another case where the loving family wasn't so loving. The kids were homeschooled which makes me wonder if there was more going on than family, friends and neighbors were aware of in this case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2019, 07:02 AM

15,252 posts, read 12,967,886 times
I think the key is in the phrase, "Adopted from Russia..."

Old 03-24-2019, 07:18 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
My guess is, this situation is as represented here.

A lovely, wonderful couple murdered by a very, very damaged child they tried to love.

Old 03-24-2019, 09:51 AM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/al...cid=spartandhp

I wonder if this is going to be another case where the loving family wasn't so loving. The kids were homeschooled which makes me wonder if there was more going on than family, friends and neighbors were aware of in this case.
Maybe, maybe not. I'm curious as to why the homeschooling, and whose idea was it, that the boys be involved in being altar boys? Also wondering if there had been prior emotional problems manifesting in one or both boys. And how did the kid have access to a gun? NH has very strict gun laws, according to police instructional videos on youtube.

Yet another story posted, that provokes many questions we'll probably never get the answers to. This is so frustrating. Hopefully more info will be forthcoming.

Old 03-24-2019, 10:48 AM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Previously, they weren't clarifying the 11 year old boy's relation to the deceased couple, but this latest update seems to show that he was one of their adopted boys.

You just never know these days, what kinds of things on the internet and social media influence young people. A kid doesn't even need past history of any trauma or abuse to read about something online and then decide to do it on impulse. I know we all want answers to these kinds of things, as we have seen every time we have a mass shooting. In an ideal world, bad things never happen to good people, we all want order in our lives, and to think that people would kill people simply because they were bored or curious is just too much to handle for many.

Old 03-24-2019, 10:51 AM

15,252 posts, read 12,967,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Maybe, maybe not. I'm curious as to why the homeschooling, and whose idea was it, that the boys be involved in being altar boys? Also wondering if there had been prior emotional problems manifesting in one or both boys. And how did the kid have access to a gun? NH has very strict gun laws, according to police instructional videos on youtube.
The couple had an assortment of armaments and apparently no gun safe.

Old 03-24-2019, 11:18 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,189,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Are they trying to take us out one couple at a time?

Old 03-24-2019, 11:50 AM

50,809 posts, read 36,501,346 times
If anyone wants to wash away this story with a happy one, scroll past it to a story about 2 kids who met in preschool at age 4, with the little boy vowing to marry her one day....

Old 03-24-2019, 12:16 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,742,238 times
Both parents were Chiropractic doctors & well respected in the church & town. They also had an older biological child in the house. What happens behind closed doors, who knows? As for homeschooling...it's common in rural NH. Should not trip any concerns.

Old 03-24-2019, 12:49 PM

438 posts, read 269,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
Are they trying to take us out one couple at a time?

I think that's a reference to the fact that some orphanages in Russia (and Romania, and other countries) simply warehouse (feed and shelter) the kids. They don't interact with them, cuddle them, teach them, play with them, love on them. There's a window in child development where kids have to experience being loved in order to learn how to love. Depriving them of this is practically a textbook way to create a psychopath (i.e., someone incapable of identifying with and caring about others).

(*Not a mental health professional here, so this is a rough approximation.)

So, so sad, any way you look at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events