Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 06:02 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
That's why when I was doing cashier work I never put their money in the drawer until after I counted out their change.
Of course...you always lay it right there in front of you...even at a garage sale!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2019, 06:40 AM

15,252 posts, read 12,964,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
I don't care if his daddy did that. That doesn't excuse his behavior.
Calm down. No one said it did.

Old 03-31-2019, 01:24 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApePeeD View Post
As a former McDonald's cashier, I would confirm the order multiple times.

"I would like a Big Mac."

"A Big Mac. Would you like to make that a meal?"

"No."

"Would that be all?"

"Yes."

"I have one Big Mac, total of $1.05."

Customer hands me $10

"Ten dollars."

I hand back $8.95

"Eight dollars and ninety-five cents."

Customer now says:

"I handed you a twenty dollar bill."

Now I have to count the drawer to prove the customer wrong.
That is why you do not put the $10 bill in the till until the transaction is complete and the customer has accepted his change.

Edit: Should have read ahead before posting!

Old 03-31-2019, 01:34 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
He deserves a lot more than 3 years.
I'd favor 4 years minimum, consecutive sentencing, per offense.

Old 03-31-2019, 02:31 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,746,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
For a 1st degree burn??? That's like a mild sunburn. No blistering or deep skin damage.

No kidding.
It was an asinine thing to have done and he deserves punishment but she is not going to have surgery or disfigurement or even really much in the way of pain.
Good grief people, stop being so dramatic.

Old 04-01-2019, 12:15 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,077,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
She might want to make sure he's not getting a free refill for a cup purchased elsewhere. Which is pretty chickenpoo, but in some places rigid enfocement is store policy. I've been caught, and it makes you want to throw things.
It was DT, you cannot do refills through the DT.

And when I worked there we had a lady who would come into the lobby and try to do it with tea. We were a owner/oper store, so the owner called her out on it. It's a dollar, pay it or make your own at home.

Last edited by crd08; 04-01-2019 at 01:41 PM..

Old 04-01-2019, 12:21 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,077,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
That is why you do not put the $10 bill in the till until the transaction is complete and the customer has accepted his change.

We weren't allowed, it was against policy. And most the time that happened it was a customer trying to pull one over on the employee. Once they realized they were going to have to wait for a manager to pull and count the drawer and look at the camera, suddenly they didn't have time for their money

Old 04-01-2019, 12:25 PM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
She might want to make sure he's not getting a free refill for a cup purchased elsewhere. Which is pretty chickenpoo, but in some places rigid enfocement is store policy. I've been caught, and it makes you want to throw things.
You want to hurt other people when you get caught doing something against the rules? That's disturbing, but probably explains the mindset of a lot of people.

Old 04-01-2019, 02:58 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,308,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Tony View Post
My God ... The guy is a 54 year old creepy animal who's probably been doing stuff like this his entire life.
Notice how he went right to "I know, I beat somebody up ..." when the police caught up to him. What kind of person thinks like that?
Some people don't deserve to live, and I'd bet he's one of them.

You'd think differently if this was done to someone in your family. Or would you?
Well, he'll meet up with people in prison who will give him a taste of his own medicine.

Old 04-02-2019, 03:28 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,047,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

As good of a plan that sounds, there were some scumbags of customers I wouldn't trust to try to grab the $10 bill right off the table.

That's why I put it in the closed till.

And I certainly wouldn't leave the till open for longer than necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events