Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 01:52 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,124,293 times

Advertisements

She's lucky he doesn't have to register as a sex offender. (said slightly in jest) In some states, a public urination offense will land you on their sex offender registry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2019, 01:53 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
You know it's pretty sad that we treat each other this way. I just thought about it...don't people allow their dogs to urinate in parks? Though they usually pi** on the grass, there's no way of cleaning that up and people walk in it all the time. Why is it that we are giving animals more rights versus humans? I bet people don't get upset when they see neighbors allow their dogs to take a leak in their yard. And before anyone says it, I know that dogs can't be taken to the restroom to do their business but they aren't exactly doing all their business in their owner's homes now are they?

And I can tell you that even when owners pick up after dog sh** that the area it was in stinks. Still, people don't make a big deal about this but are making a big deal about a 3 year old who couldn't hold it. Before anyone says anything about defecating, I don't think she would have allowed her child to do that in the parking lot.
If you want people to treat you like am animal instead of a human being, then go ahead and start peeing and pooping out in public.

Old 04-07-2019, 01:56 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,366,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGWS View Post
She's lucky he doesn't have to register as a sex offender. (said slightly in jest) In some states, a public urination offense will land you on their sex offender registry.

People really do need to question sh** like this. That is absolute madness. I do wonder if people from other countries laugh at us. It tends to stem from this high morality ground, which often comes from religion. It's pretty disgusting to be honest. Nudity (in this case urinating) does NOT equal sex and this country makes anything nudity related sexual, which is a HUGE mistake.

Old 04-07-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I don't really see the big deal with this. The time it would have taken to go inside and get the keys (the line could have been long) as well as the time it MIGHT have taken had the restroom been occupied...her child might have wet himself by then. Had she let her child urinate in the car and the police saw, she'd probably have been given a ticket for that too. There are worse things happening in our society. What she did wasn't right but if it's something she rarely does, then I don't see the need for all this.
I've never once been to a gas station that required keys for the bathroom. I doubt this woman happened to stop at 9ne of the few that lock up their restrooms. I've also never waited in line at a gas station bathroom. Most have multiple stalls, and their aren't 20 people all stopping at once to use the restroom.

Old 04-07-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
If you want people to treat you like am animal instead of a human being, then go ahead and start peeing and pooping out in public.

It is humans are treating other humans as less than animal. Where's the empathy in this thread?

Old 04-07-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
People really do need to question sh** like this. That is absolute madness. I do wonder if people from other countries laugh at us. It tends to stem from this high morality ground, which often comes from religion. It's pretty disgusting to be honest. Nudity (in this case urinating) does NOT equal sex and this country makes anything nudity related sexual, which is a HUGE mistake.
I would rather my children not see a random man's penis while we are stopping to get drinks at the gas station, so I for one am glad there is such a law to persuade men to use public restrooms instead of whipping their penis out whenever they have the slightest urge to pee.

It has nothing to do with religion or morals. Some things should be kept private.

Old 04-07-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
I've never once been to a gas station that required keys for the bathroom. I doubt this woman happened to stop at 9ne of the few that lock up their restrooms. I've also never waited in line at a gas station bathroom. Most have multiple stalls, and their aren't 20 people all stopping at once to use the restroom.

Lucky you. I really mean that. I have been to MANY that require a key and sometimes you have to go back outside to access the restroom.

I've had to wait because of people like the ones on this thread. If I were to go to the front of the line just to ask for the keys to the restroom, I would get looks and maybe even be threatened and so I find myself waiting in line and struggling to keep it in. By the time I reach the front, someone may be using the restroom and I have to wait until the person brings back the key.

You've obviously lucked out but I can tell you that it's when you really have to go that these things tend to happen.

Old 04-07-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
I would rather my children not see a random man's penis while we are stopping to get drinks at the gas station, so I for one am glad there is such a law to persuade men to use public restrooms instead of whipping their penis out whenever they have the slightest urge to pee.

It has nothing to do with religion or morals. Some things should be kept private.

Most men would run off to the bushes where they can't be seen (if and only if the restroom is occupied). This would be in the case of an emergency and not "whenever they have the slightest urge to pee."

Old 04-07-2019, 02:08 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,812,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGWS View Post
I don't agree with this... in that they are not the same. It's one thing to urinate on public grounds (which is illegal, but shouldn't necessarily be a sex offense)... and it's another to do it in a location where people could possibly see your (or your child's) body or in the act of urinating. The latter being of extreme offense.

Old 04-07-2019, 02:11 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,432,316 times
Quote:
No, she let him go in the parking lot because she thought the bathroom might be occupied. So instead of going inside and seeing if the bathroom was open, or waiting for it to open up, she opted to let her kid pee outside in a parking lot in front of a bunch of people.
No, she let him pee in the parking lot because she thought he wouldn't make it into the restroom and even if they did and it is a one person toilet and it was occupied he would then pee on the floor. You and I can hold it even if desperate, however a 3 year old can't. I am sure she flipped out when confronted which probably didn't help things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events