Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 03:07 PM

50,820 posts, read 36,514,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
She also can't own any pets for 7 years, although I think it should be a permanent ban.

I don't know if it was said in this thread, but one of the puppies did end up dying.
Poor thing. I too don't understand what's going to magically happen in 7 years to make her okay to own more pets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 05:15 PM

8,772 posts, read 5,062,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Poor thing. I too don't understand what's going to magically happen in 7 years to make her okay to own more pets.
Poor thing? Disgusting thing, is more like it.

Old 08-16-2019, 05:19 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,252,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
I'm sure ocnjgirl was responding to the comment about one of the puppies dying.

Old 08-16-2019, 05:22 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,131,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Nothing will happen in seven years. This woman is a loser and not about to change. From the looks of her, she is not capable of doing much except partying.

Old 08-16-2019, 06:24 PM

19,814 posts, read 9,371,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
What a cruel and horrendous thing to do. I'm SO glad she was caught on video and that the homeless man just happened to hear them and took them to safety.

They have removed her other (30!!!) dogs from her home. This makes me wonder how many other litters she's discarded to die and wasn't caught.

I hope they throw her ass in jail and that she can't own even a goldfish after this despicable act.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5193093/w...OfPNvXZDjKqWzs
This was absolutely heartless and I am SO glad the puppies and dogs were rescued, but I also think this woman has some serious mental health problems.

Old 08-16-2019, 06:25 PM

50,820 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
The puppy who died.

Old 08-16-2019, 06:35 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times
I'm glad she's been sentenced to jail for a year.

But this isn't uncommon. In my childhood, what you did with unwanted litters of puppies and kittens was put them in a burlap bag and throw them in the creek to drown. I wondered if I was alone in this observation (MY family never did it!!) so I googled it.

Yes. Google "drowning kittens in a gunny sack", and you'll get hits. Because that's how you got rid of unwanted litters, a generation ago and apparently still now.

Awful. I guess these puppies lived because she didn't have a creek nearby to toss them in. They were still alive to plead their case when the guy came to look through the trash and found them.

https://www.datalounge.com/thread/62...owning-kittens

Old 08-16-2019, 10:31 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm glad she's been sentenced to jail for a year.

But this isn't uncommon. In my childhood, what you did with unwanted litters of puppies and kittens was put them in a burlap bag and throw them in the creek to drown. I wondered if I was alone in this observation (MY family never did it!!) so I googled it.

Yes. Google "drowning kittens in a gunny sack", and you'll get hits. Because that's how you got rid of unwanted litters, a generation ago and apparently still now.

Awful. I guess these puppies lived because she didn't have a creek nearby to toss them in. They were still alive to plead their case when the guy came to look through the trash and found them.

https://www.datalounge.com/thread/62...owning-kittens

Horrible that people would do that instead of taking them to a shelter. I recently got a puppy from a local shelter, and the whole litter was dropped off at 3 days old. She's such a great dog, and I can't even imagine someone wanting to drown her because they were irresponsible and ended up with an unwanted litter of puppies.

Old 08-18-2019, 12:44 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,834,803 times
Some people just suck.

Thankfully, others (like the homeless man) don't.

Old 08-18-2019, 01:43 AM

11,443 posts, read 626,264 times
The homeless guy deserves something wonderful from someone for his kindness...... (Unexpected)

Must be very hard to be homeless....I am sure if he was able he would take at least one of them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events