Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2019, 09:00 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
We died at "younger" ages. And healthcare was more rudimentary.

The best retirement strategy is to collapse at one's desk, with a massive heart-attack, an hour before one's office retirement-party.
Isnt the increase in life expectancy much of what is putting a strain on social security and medicare as well as over 18% increase in disability since 1970? Advances in medical technology, cures, nutrition among other things has contributed to longevity more so than a small SS check or insufficient health coverage via medicare.
Approximately 61 million on social security vs 52 million on some major form of welfare. Nearly as many younger people (potential workers) needing financial and medical assistance as elderly retired people.

Life expectancy increased roughly 62% since 1900-2000, to ~75-80 years. It has been estimated in the next 100 years (2100) life expectancy will be at ~100 years or increase by 28%.

Fertility rates have dropped in times of economic depression. Prior to the great depression FR was hitting 3.5. Hit a low ~replacement rate during the depression, increased to over 3.5 and began declining in the 70's (oil) at <2 and then a small increase where it has been ~2.1 until the recession in 2008. It has been declining since to about 1.8 currently.
SS began in 1935 towards the end of the great depression as population begin to rise and was at its highest peak about 1960. Those folks paid into the system and are retired and some are still paying in probably soon to retire some 60-80 years later. The fertility rate dropped pretty significantly (1.5 points, the lowest) in that time and has remained relatively the same until recently with fewer people paying into SS (lower fertility rates) while life expectancy has continued to increase.

There was no CRISIS during these decades do to fertility rates. No elderly retirees going without assistance so why is it there will be a crisis in the near future?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2019, 10:16 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
There used to be a girl on craigslist who said she took credit cards. I wonder what shows up on the billing statement - bbbj?
I don't believe that many women get dick pics. I have set up fake female profiles to check and never gotten one. I think it's part of victimhood culture where women want to get power by being seen as victims all the time.
Lol, I wouldn't know. I worked for an agency that took CC but I was cash upfront 100% when I went independent. I was not in compliance with my municipality's ordinance to be 'registered' & keep a paper trail (not that many independents are) either.

Who in TF wants a paper trail? You could tell me you were Batman for all I cared but if I took CC's I might know who you are in real-life.

Much to the dismay of my cohorts, I didn't have a tradename or even a stage-name. I am Christi no matter what 'hat' I'm wearing at the moment.

Now I am married & I get dick-pics all the time on FB. Usually from guys young enough to be my son but not always. It doesn't horrify me & I don't see it as harassment. As an RN since 1992, a hooker for seven years & the mother of seven boys; I'm just not that impressed nor terrified of a dick-pic.

I don't understand why they would send them to me, seriously makes me wonder how I would do if I got back in the game.

Old 11-07-2019, 10:17 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
More men have been victims of the mating environment than women. Just like suicides, homicides, opiates & every other drug, the real victims of the sex recession are men.
Agreed. 100%. I feel bad for men.

Old 11-07-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Because they cant bed whom ever they want at will?

Old 11-07-2019, 12:22 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,895,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Because they cant bed whom ever they want at will?
No. Because they have nearly insatiable urges and want to pump every hot chick they see.

Old 11-07-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
No. Because they have nearly insatiable urges and want to pump every hot chick they see.
Tomato Tomato

Old 11-07-2019, 01:36 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
I think the main problem isn't sex, it's a form of release. Most men just like women needs attention but in different forms. The sex part is a short term excitement.

Old 11-07-2019, 02:04 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,895,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Tomato Tomato
Not really. I have seen posts from many guys in some forums saying they actually want to be asexual.

Old 11-07-2019, 02:22 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,388,075 times
Men and women both want sexual satisfaction. It’s a myth that women don’t want or need it. Sexuality and Frequency of need is on a continuum. Some men and women want and need it more often and some don’t want or need it at all. Also, every person’s sexuality drive changes depending on their age, biology, and societal situation.

Shifting ideas on having children is more to blame for declining birth rates than technology. People wait longer to have children and often choose to have less numbers of kids than they did in the past. Kids are expensive to maintain in a middle class family.

Old 11-07-2019, 02:22 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,458,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
It isn’t easy being a man, which is why we have the problems we have. The male surplus globally is bad, it is more pronounced in China & India. The United States has a surplus of single males in the 20s/30s cohorts now, contributing to some massive societal ills.

Almost everything is a reaction to the bad mating environment currently existing.

Some men are dropping out societally & economically just because the competition for women is fiercer than ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events