Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2019, 09:30 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
A study made by the U.S. Department of Justice of prison releases in 1992, involving about 80 percent of the prison population, found that the average sentence for convicted rapists was 9.8 years.

https://bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/PSATSFV.PDF

They also end up with a felony on their record and worse end up on a public sex offender registry. And defending yourself from the false rape charge costs well over $100,000. Most men can't afford that so they agree to plead guilty to a lesser charge. That inflates rape statistics.

Jacob Anderson was falsely accused. Anyone who read about the case could see that. Like many men he agreed to plea to a lesser charge. If it had gone to trial he would have been acquitted. That's why the prosecutor agreed to the plea. Owen Labrie is on the sex offender registry for life. And he wasn't convicted of rape. He was 18 and had consensual sex with a 15 year old girl. That age difference should not even be a crime. It only has been made a crime because of rape hysteria culture.
Yes and actual time served was 5.4 years, as I stated.
They committed a felony, why shouldn't it be on their record.
How many falsely accused of rape have been arrested and gone to trial? If you take a plea you have already paid your attorney fees. One take a plea to lessen their sentence because going to trial would most likely result in guilty verdict of the original charge.

Anderson was not falsely accused, he took a plea bargain. The victim begged the judge to reject the plea bargain so she could testify.

Labrie was charged with 3 counts of sexual assault, endangering the welfare of a child and using a computer to lure a minor for sex. The latter is why he is on the sex offender registry. Statuary rape laws have been on the books for years to protect minors.

Good grief. I am not going to continue to correct your assertions. You have no credibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2019, 09:49 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,458,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Yep, we are being made antisocial, and even stupid, by technology. I eat in, shop in, live in - all thanks to the internet and my cell phone. If I could get my job to let me work in, I wouldn't have to leave my home at all.
You can get laid and/or form longer term romantic relationships without pounding the pavement but it is tough. I have heard stories of guys getting laid from Tinder by just swiping, texting, and inviting a woman immediately over to his place for sex. It is really difficult to do because most women on Tinder have an insane amount of options. You have to be a guy with top aesthetics & mate with lower quality women to achieve this outcome.

I have made my way doing mostly non-bar venue approaching of women. This is done primarily through grocery stores, malls, gyms/fitness classes, and in parks/walking paths/on the street. This is a difficult way to do things but since I have no social network, and don’t want to fight bad ratios on Tinder/Bumble/Hinge, this has really been my only option over time.

There is no substitute for social skills.

Old 11-04-2019, 11:09 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I think its true.

When I was a kid weekends were spent bowling, going to the movies, sporting events, out to eat at a new popular restaurant, roller skating and so on. We would always at least buy a drink when we were out.

As I aged, we would go to the mall. I would buy clothes, try new cheeses at Holly Farms, etc etc. I hardly ever go to Department Stores now, nevermind a mall.

I don't go bowling or roller skating. I live in a major urban area and know of one outdated bowling alley and absolutely no skating rinks. There are a few movie theaters, but long lines and tiny mushed together seating makes me think Ill wait for it to come out on cable.

My neighborhood has evolved into primarily one ethnicity, and there are numerous restaurants offering the same type of food for blocks on end. At first its fun to check them out, but it becomes been there - done that real fast.

Yep, we are being made antisocial, and even stupid, by technology. I eat in, shop in, live in - all thanks to the internet and my cell phone. If I could get my job to let me work in, I wouldn't have to leave my home at all.

My quality of life is greatly reduced from that of when I was a child, but the bright side is today's kids never experienced anything different and you cant change to something better if you don't know what something better is.
Those are excellent points. I used to go out much more than I do now. It used to be if you wanted to go out and meet a guy, you had to go out. When we were younger we too would go to skating rinks and also the arcade at the mall. When we were older we would go to clubs and bars always with the aim of trying to meet someone. Now you just sit at home in front of the computer or phone to meet someone.

I’m not sure though how much of these effects from people not dating as much I see in my local community.My area still does have roller rinks and bowling alleys. The bowling alleys in particular are very very popular. Both do a very good kids birthday party business but the bowling alleys now have those galactic bowling nights every weekend night, where you bowl with the lights out and all kinds of techno lighting, with giant screen music videos above the lanes. They are packed with teenagers and young adults on the weekend, so they are not all staying home. At most of them you actually have to make a reservation or put your name on a waiting list and hope someone leaves. During the week bowling alleys make their money through leagues which are still popular down here.

And most of the restaurants still require a wait on weekend nights. I stopped going to the mall years ago, because to me it seemed like it only cater to teenagers. There was Spencer gifts, an Aeropostale, Victoria’s Secret and 25 sneaker stores. Plus the kiosk people became quite aggressive and annoying... NO, I don’t want any hand lotion!!” But now to me it’s just much easier to do it all online. Thanks for most people it’s now easier to do it online and that’s the reason that malls aren’t doing well.

I agree it’s not as necessary to go to the movies anymore because there’s plenty of good things on my own TV with all the options there are now. But when my niece takes the kids to see toy story four, it’s still packed to the gills with kids. I don’t think the nighttime movies are as popular anymore though, but I’m not sure how much that has to do with dating and probably much more to do with streaming services and large screen TVs at home.

Old 11-04-2019, 11:11 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
You can get laid and/or form longer term romantic relationships without pounding the pavement but it is tough. I have heard stories of guys getting laid from Tinder by just swiping, texting, and inviting a woman immediately over to his place for sex. It is really difficult to do because most women on Tinder have an insane amount of options. You have to be a guy with top aesthetics & mate with lower quality women to achieve this outcome.

I have made my way doing mostly non-bar venue approaching of women. This is done primarily through grocery stores, malls, gyms/fitness classes, and in parks/walking paths/on the street. This is a difficult way to do things but since I have no social network, and don’t want to fight bad ratios on Tinder/Bumble/Hinge, this has really been my only option over time.

There is no substitute for social skills.
I met someone in a meet up group once. It was a group for introverts, and it was a bowling event.

Old 11-04-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Those are excellent points. I used to go out much more than I do now. It used to be if you wanted to go out and meet a guy, you had to go out. When we were younger we too would go to skating rinks and also the arcade at the mall. When we were older we would go to clubs and bars always with the aim of trying to meet someone. Now you just sit at home in front of the computer or phone to meet someone.

I’m not sure though how much of these effects from people not dating as much I see in my local community.My area still does have roller rinks and bowling alleys. The bowling alleys in particular are very very popular. Both do a very good kids birthday party business but the bowling alleys now have those galactic bowling nights every weekend night, where you bowl with the lights out and all kinds of techno lighting, with giant screen music videos above the lanes. They are packed with teenagers and young adults on the weekend, so they are not all staying home. At most of them you actually have to make a reservation or put your name on a waiting list and hope someone leaves. During the week bowling alleys make their money through leagues which are still popular down here.

And most of the restaurants still require a wait on weekend nights. I stopped going to the mall years ago, because to me it seemed like it only cater to teenagers. There was Spencer gifts, an Aeropostale, Victoria’s Secret and 25 sneaker stores. Plus the kiosk people became quite aggressive and annoying... NO, I don’t want any hand lotion!!” But now to me it’s just much easier to do it all online. Thanks for most people it’s now easier to do it online and that’s the reason that malls aren’t doing well.

I agree it’s not as necessary to go to the movies anymore because there’s plenty of good things on my own TV with all the options there are now. But when my niece takes the kids to see toy story four, it’s still packed to the gills with kids. I don’t think the nighttime movies are as popular anymore though, but I’m not sure how much that has to do with dating and probably much more to do with streaming services and large screen TVs at home.
I’m in my 30s & even as recently as the late 2000s, online dating, which was just websites back then was still considered a less preferred method of meeting people. Now, since apps replaced websites in my age cohort for those using non face-to-face methods, apps are a standard way people in their 20s/30s meet if they are post-school years & don’t have a social circle capable of giving them mating prospects. Tinder changed a lot of perceptions & practices.

In recent years, some women have appeared flustered that I am approaching them in public & not at a bar. Some younger women don’t even know how to mentally process a cold approach outside of a bar & they freeze up & shut down.

I don’t go to movie theaters much. One ticket to one movie costs more than a month of Netflix or another video streaming site, which does not sit well with me. In early stage dating, movies are generally worthless. I don’t know anyone who does movie theater dates unless they are a fairly established couple.

Since I have done mall approaching recently, I can tell you it is possible to approach 20/30 something women there.

Quote:
I met someone in a meet up group once. It was a group for introverts, and it was a bowling event.
There’s a good chance that you are 50+. Meetup groups are generally worthless for dating in sub 40 age groups. In fact, I wouldn’t even recommend them for older people. In 20s/30s, only the bottom of the barrel hunts meetup groups. Most of the general social groups are a bunch of horny socially maladaptive men swarming the 1-2 halfway decent looking women that attend. Desirable young women do not need to participate in something as uncool as Meetup when they could go out to a bar instead. And then a lot of them are swiping on Tinder/Bumble/Hinge.

Old 11-04-2019, 01:39 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,895,440 times
Quote:
You guys are getting way off the topic. What does rape have to do with this topic?
Haven't you heard the rape culture nonsense? 1 in 5 women sexually assaulted in college? Now some are saying it''s 1 in 4. Everyone with an ounce of common sense can see that it's not true. Feminists are trying to make it seem true by encouraging women to make false rape claims. It has happened to many men and been well publicized. The safest way to avoid a false rape charge is to avoid sex. Fake sexual harassment claims are even more prevalent Just asking a woman out is viewed as sexual harassment now. To avoid that it's better to just not ask women out.

‘It’s tough for me to know where the line is’: The #MeToo era is making dating more confusing

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ore-confusing/

Old 11-04-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Haven't you heard the rape culture nonsense? 1 in 5 women sexually assaulted in college? Now some are saying it''s 1 in 4. Everyone with an ounce of common sense can see that it's not true. Feminists are trying to make it seem true by encouraging women to make false rape claims. It has happened to many men and been well publicized. The safest way to avoid a false rape charge is to avoid sex. Fake sexual harassment claims are even more prevalent Just asking a woman out is viewed as sexual harassment now. To avoid that it's better to just not ask women out.

‘It’s tough for me to know where the line is’: The #MeToo era is making dating more confusing

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ore-confusing/
Asking a woman out is not sexual harassment. I have regularly asked women out that I’ve met on the street, or in grocery stores. No one cries #MeToo. I have gotten dates and gotten rejections.

I’ll agree that dating isn’t that great right now, but fake rape allegations are an overblown concern. Most men are unaffected by them. Men need to approach to get laid & get longer term relationships.

Old 11-04-2019, 02:41 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,895,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yes and actual time served was 5.4 years, as I stated.
They committed a felony, why shouldn't it be on their record.
How many falsely accused of rape have been arrested and gone to trial? If you take a plea you have already paid your attorney fees. One take a plea to lessen their sentence because going to trial would most likely result in guilty verdict of the original charge.

Anderson was not falsely accused, he took a plea bargain. The victim begged the judge to reject the plea bargain so she could testify.

Labrie was charged with 3 counts of sexual assault, endangering the welfare of a child and using a computer to lure a minor for sex. The latter is why he is on the sex offender registry. Statuary rape laws have been on the books for years to protect minors.

Good grief. I am not going to continue to correct your assertions. You have no credibility.
Quote:
Jacob Walter Anderson was indicted on four counts of sexual assault in 2016 based on allegations that he drugged and raped a 19-year-old sophomore at a fraternity party....

Anderson's lawyers released a statement on Friday saying they had never seen a case with so many misrepresentations of what occurred. They said the encounter was consensual and called the victim's claims that he choked her and left her for dead "fabrications" that she only reported two years after the incident. Her lawyer did not return a request for a response to the defense statement.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/17/us/ba...eal/index.html

Quote:
"Early in this case, law enforcement believed that the victim may have been drugged and this belief has been widely disseminated in the media; however, the evidence did not support that theory," District Attorney Abelino "Abel" Reyna said.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/12/us/ba...tor/index.html

The woman is just another twit who got drunk and regretted it, then cried rape.

Quote:
According to the FBI, law enforcement agencies received 116,645 reports of rapes or sexual assaults in 2014, the most recent year for which comprehensive law enforcement statistics are available. Applying MAD’s 7 percent false reporting rate, that’s a total of 8,165 false reports—or about 22 every day of the year.
https://world.wng.org/2019/03/false_...s_ruined_lives

and that's using a conservative 7% false reporting rate. Like I said before the false rate is likely closer to 50% which means that there are over 50,000 false rape claims every year.

Quote:
Asking a woman out is not sexual harassment. I have regularly asked women out that I’ve met on the street, or in grocery stores. No one cries #MeToo. I have gotten dates and gotten rejections.

I’ll agree that dating isn’t that great right now, but fake rape allegations are an overblown concern. Most men are unaffected by them. Men need to approach to get laid & get longer term relationships.
Missouri University says a man asking out a woman who's smaller than him could be sexual harassment after they suspended staff member for making a woman 'feel uncomfortable'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ARASSMENT.html

You've just been lucky. You could be accused any day.

Old 11-04-2019, 02:46 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,873,703 times
Quote:

If you're a dominant, physically attractive man---the kind women naturally desire on an instinctive level---you're mostly safe from false claims, although not 100% safe. Otherwise, be very, very careful, and vet the woman extremely thoroughly before you have sex with her.

Old 11-04-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
If you're a dominant, physically attractive man---the kind women naturally desire on an instinctive level---you're mostly safe from false claims, although not 100% safe. Otherwise, be very, very careful, and vet the woman extremely thoroughly before you have sex with her.
I’m an attractive & athletic guy, but I do not have enormous muscles. I’m 5’10” & 165 lbs. Look at Roger Federer or Novak Djokovic to get a decent idea of my body type & musculature. I’m in shape enough from lifting weights & competitive tennis but there are bigger guys out there than me.

I remember one street pickup where the woman complimented me on my tan, which I enjoyed.

Not every approach goes well like that one did.

I’ve gotten some nasty rejections on approaches. I’ve gotten ghosted after app first dates, which is so hurtful & part of why I stopped using. I’ve never once worried about a harassment claim.

As for rape, the women are usually really wanting sex by the time they make it over to my place. I agree good screening is a good practice. I pursue because I have sexual needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events