Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2019, 11:13 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times

Advertisements

Sex is not in trouble It’s always been pay to play In one form or another
What is in trouble is family -no marriage -no working parent -no kids -means the industries that support that regeneration cycle -die

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 11-05-2019 at 11:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2019, 04:59 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,458,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Sex is not in trouble It’s always been pay to play In one form or another
What is in trouble is family -no marriage -no working parent -no kids -means the industries that support that regeneration cycle -die
If I were a college undergraduate right now, and trying to plan a 40 year career, I would not choose an elementary education major because an aging population means less demand for that. I would choose something related to medical to support an aging population.

Old 11-06-2019, 07:55 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
My goodness I'm glad I'm married. But I work downtown in a major city and it's fun to observe the goings on of younger men and women and honestly I feel sad for them. If we have to ask the question "Is asking a women out a form of sexual harassment" it's a clear indicator that most of our sexuality will be buried and swept under the carpet sooner than later.

We live in a day where innocent flirting and mutual attraction are compromised. Soon we'll see young kids going out on dates wrapped in bubble wrap.... Sad days indeed. Certainly glad I don't have to deal with it. No thanks!
It really blows when the pendulum sings.
Dating didnt really exist until the turn of the 20th century.
Courtship was basically set up and strictly chaperoned by a woman's parents. No approaching a woman, no dating as we know it, certainly no sex without grave consequences. Yet we managed to significantly increase our population.

Old 11-06-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
While being married may exempt you personally at this time, it needs to be pointed out that being married does not exempt a person from participation in the mating marketplace. Some married couples are contributing to the sex recession. There are many sexless marriages out there. Marriage isn't automatically the panacea to the topic being discussed.

The majority of marriages are failures to some extent. The percentage of marriages meeting at least one of the following three criteria is alarmingly high....

1. Marriages that end in divorce.
2. Non-open marriages where at least one person has an affair.
3. Marriages that don't fall into 1 & 2 but are generally unpleasant and not drivers of happiness. The couple stays together due to inertia.

Condition 2 often causes condition 1. Condition 2 is a violation of monogamy. If a couple stays together after an affair, that is no longer a monogamous relationship, it is an open relationship. Number 3 is applicable less often now because married couples rarely feel cultural pressure to stay together. Inertia may keep a marriage in place for a little longer than it should be in place, but it will ultimately result in affiars and/or divorce.

Other than legal divorce how has it changed?

Old 11-06-2019, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Who said anything about increasing the population? I'm advocating for increasing fertility rates to MAINTAIN the population. We have fallen below replacement fertility rates.

As an RN; I can assure you that not having someone to empty your bedpan only sounds trivial if you are not actually the person ON the bedpan who's legs have gone numb & who's skin is breaking down because nobody has shown up to get you off said bedpan.

Caregivers rock (if I do say so myself) & so do mothers (if I do say so myself) & everyone will be in a position to realize this if even just temporarily one day.

And yes, population decline takes decades but given that the developed world governments have been actively working behind the scenes to propagate this since the 1930s (some at their now realized peril), per population control policy & program & funded by US taxpayers dollars (via USAID); it already HAS been decades & we are at a critical time right NOW.
Why must we maintain such high populations? High populations deplete limited resources.
I really dont see the number of people going numb because they need their bedpan emptied exceeding those who need employment.

Old 11-06-2019, 08:17 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Why must we maintain such high populations? High populations deplete limited resources.
I really dont see the number of people going numb because they need their bedpan emptied exceeding those who need employment.
Well it will become very difficult to keep social security, Medicare etc running without enough younger workers contributing via payroll taxes, for one.

Old 11-06-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
I’m neither. I said what I perceived. Suicides, many homicides, and drug abuse are often related to a lack of sex from mating environment that isn’t good. These disproportionately affect men.
Care to site some studies correlating significant suicides, homicide and drug abuse to lack of sex.
And perhaps corresponding studies of homicides, physical abuse against women by men they are in or not a mating environment with.

Old 11-06-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Well it will become very difficult to keep social security, Medicare etc running without enough younger workers contributing via payroll taxes, for one.
Life is difficult. What in the world did we do before social security (which barley is sustainable) and medicare?
I again challenge anyone to show proof of a civilization whose economy collapsed due to decreasing fertility rates. Our birth rate has been dropping quite steadily since 1910.

Old 11-06-2019, 10:51 AM

13,646 posts, read 9,708,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Life is difficult. What in the world did we do before social security (which barley is sustainable) and medicare?
We died at "younger" ages. And healthcare was more rudimentary.

The best retirement strategy is to collapse at one's desk, with a massive heart-attack, an hour before one's office retirement-party.

Old 11-06-2019, 02:57 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,895,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
We died at "younger" ages. And healthcare was more rudimentary.

The best retirement strategy is to collapse at one's desk, with a massive heart-attack, an hour before one's office retirement-party.
Exactly. And people are not going to like going back to the 'good old days' like that. I think our big hope is AI and robot nannies. That was one of the themes behind that show "Humans".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events