Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2021, 04:50 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
The new search was on TV a few days ago and they showed both his "clean cut" photo and the more recent one, where he does look somewhat desheveled. I am inclined to believe at this point that drugs or a serious head injury had to be involved. I too feel very bad for the family. It does not seem like there is going to be a happy ending 2 months on... though I suppose "amnesia" has happened and there could be some very unusual reason for him to be found alive, if not well?
Amnesia is rare. The main fact is he's probably naked unless he changed into someone other clothes in his backpack. Someone would eventually find him wandering unless he found a homeless camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Agree, I think that passing out in a field and expiring seems the most likely scenario. Being impaired by a bad drug reaction or overdose likely was the original cause of crashing his car. Searchers may have not searched far enough out in the right direction, maybe just short or even passing right by his remains concealed by the grass and brush and not noticing.
It's happened before in a case I used to advocate for. Chris Sexton WV back in 2013. Searchers were within 15 feet of his body. A neighbor found him 60 days later when he started decomposing. They said it looked like he tripped over a tree root. He was only wearing one shoe, I believe he was drunk.

There was a reward that was never given to the guy who found him. It's one of my peeves. Why offer a reward if you don't plan to hand it out?

If it's cold there now, give it a few weeks, he will start decomposing like Chris. Chris went missing in the fall but it was a very warm fall
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2021, 03:57 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Amnesia is rare. The main fact is he's probably naked unless he changed into someone other clothes in his backpack. Someone would eventually find him wandering unless he found a homeless camp.

It's happened before in a case I used to advocate for. Chris Sexton WV back in 2013. Searchers were within 15 feet of his body. A neighbor found him 60 days later when he started decomposing. They said it looked like he tripped over a tree root. He was only wearing one shoe, I believe he was drunk.

There was a reward that was never given to the guy who found him. It's one of my peeves. Why offer a reward if you don't plan to hand it out?

If it's cold there now, give it a few weeks, he will start decomposing like Chris. Chris went missing in the fall but it was a very warm fall
Yeah I agree with you on all points. He probably passed out and died in a field and his remains will be found eventually.

Old 03-02-2021, 08:54 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:

It's been very warm in January, and much of February although the night he went missing it was cold. And there have been cold snaps in between then and now.

There have been many 70 degree temps for stretches since he disappeared - it does seem to me that cadaver dogs should have picked up on his scent this weekend, if he's in the vicinity. But who knows.

Because on the other hand, I'm still remembering 9 year old Jessica Lunsford, whose body was located outside a trailer 65 yards from the trailer where she was abducted, and dogs never hit on it. Law Enforcement tracked down her murderer weeks later because he was a sex offender, and got permission to finally search the trailer he was staying in, and found her blood on a mattress in his room, and then 3 DAYS after that, found her body in the yard around the trailer. 65 yards from where she was abducted. And there were search dogs ALL OVER THE AREA for those weeks. Didn't find her body. But she was right there the whole time.

Old 03-03-2021, 03:33 PM

2,459 posts, read 2,477,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's been very warm in January, and much of February although the night he went missing it was cold. And there have been cold snaps in between then and now.

There have been many 70 degree temps for stretches since he disappeared - it does seem to me that cadaver dogs should have picked up on his scent this weekend, if he's in the vicinity. But who knows.

Because on the other hand, I'm still remembering 9 year old Jessica Lunsford, whose body was located outside a trailer 65 yards from the trailer where she was abducted, and dogs never hit on it. Law Enforcement tracked down her murderer weeks later because he was a sex offender, and got permission to finally search the trailer he was staying in, and found her blood on a mattress in his room, and then 3 DAYS after that, found her body in the yard around the trailer. 65 yards from where she was abducted. And there were search dogs ALL OVER THE AREA for those weeks. Didn't find her body. But she was right there the whole time.
A similar thing happened in my home town. An old man wandered off from the nursing home, and an
all-out search ensued. A week later they found him deceased underneath a vacant house directly across the street from the home. You always see stories about searchers on horseback, ATVs, and airplanes, when they would have better results on foot poking into every nook and cranny. If a person is badly injured, there's a good chance he will crawl into a hole to die if one is available.

Old 03-03-2021, 04:16 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
A similar thing happened in my home town. An old man wandered off from the nursing home, and an
all-out search ensued. A week later they found him deceased underneath a vacant house directly across the street from the home. You always see stories about searchers on horseback, ATVs, and airplanes, when they would have better results on foot poking into every nook and cranny. If a person is badly injured, there's a good chance he will crawl into a hole to die if one is available.
I wouldn't be that surprised if his body is eventually found within 1500ft of where his car was abandoned.

Old 03-12-2021, 04:15 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,101,553 times
This case has caught the attention of my friend who is the psychic who helped crack the Heidi Broussard case. She also was worked on the Gannon Stauch case & pinpointed the first location of his body (his body was recovered & moved to Florida by the stepmom) two weeks before the search teams honed in on it.

Some of what she is saying doesn't make much sense to me because I am not familiar with the area.

"It stinks where he is at. A well. Salado River ... "(I looked that up but Google maps keeps directing me to San Antonio?). "Someone in a Chevy Silverado is involved. He is with God".

She's trying to work on it some more.

Old 03-12-2021, 08:59 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
This case has caught the attention of my friend who is the psychic who helped crack the Heidi Broussard case. She also was worked on the Gannon Stauch case & pinpointed the first location of his body (his body was recovered & moved to Florida by the stepmom) two weeks before the search teams honed in on it.

Some of what she is saying doesn't make much sense to me because I am not familiar with the area.

"It stinks where he is at. A well. Salado River ... "(I looked that up but Google maps keeps directing me to San Antonio?). "Someone in a Chevy Silverado is involved. He is with God".

She's trying to work on it some more.
Salado Creek, maybe, instead of Salado River? The Salado River is in Argentina, but Salado Creek is just east of San Antonio, in the general area he went missing.

Luling stinks, especially the road he disappeared from, with its active crude oil pumps. STINKS. So much so that when we'd drive from Austin to Port Aransas, when we entered Luling the kids would say OHHHHH, we must be in Luling, peeuuuuu!

Old 03-12-2021, 09:33 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,101,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Salado Creek, maybe, instead of Salado River? The Salado River is in Argentina, but Salado Creek is just east of San Antonio, in the general area he went missing.

Luling stinks, especially the road he disappeared from, with its active crude oil pumps. STINKS. So much so that when we'd drive from Austin to Port Aransas, when we entered Luling the kids would say OHHHHH, we must be in Luling, peeuuuuu!
Oh my. She wouldn't have known this I don't think. Yes, you must be right about it being a creek, not a river. the weird thing is that when I googled it I found this: https://www.edwardsaquifer.net/salado.html

There actually is a well. Or was, I believe it has been capped for decades now. I wonder if the searches covered that area?

Old 04-21-2021, 05:25 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Not seeing anything new except a podcast.

Where is Jason Landry? New podcast tracks the search for the Texas State student - April 7, 2021

Quote:
The search for Jason Landry has taken many twists and turns, but so far no one knows for sure exactly what happened. In a new podcast released this week, we walk you through the timeline of the 21-year-old's disappearance. It also features KHOU11 Reporter Grace White's reporting on the case.

In the episode, you can hear an extended interview with Landry's father and an update on the search. Just look for True Crime Chronicles wherever you get your podcasts.

Old 04-22-2021, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Not seeing anything new except a podcast.

Where is Jason Landry? New podcast tracks the search for the Texas State student - April 7, 2021
I didn't watch the podcast, did you? I'd disagree with their statement that his case has taken twists and turns. It's just . . . crickets. No clues whatsoever have been announced after the father announced he found Jason's clothing and backpack on day 1 in the middle of the road a few hundred yards south of where his wrecked car was.

They haven't announced being able to unlock his phone, but honestly, that seems unlikely to provide any clues at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events