Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 12:01 PM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
If he had his Beta fish with him, he was either heading home for Christmas Break or he (or someone else) was making it LOOK like he was heading home for Christmas break.

No one brings their fish along with them for a drug or sex hookup.

Unless he was staying there a few days before heading out. He only had a backpack with a few things like xbox. Doesn't sound packed up for his parents for Christmas break but I don't have college kids any more. My son brought a good sized bag plus backpack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2022, 01:14 PM

17,357 posts, read 16,498,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Unless he was staying there a few days before heading out. He only had a backpack with a few things like xbox. Doesn't sound packed up for his parents for Christmas break but I don't have college kids any more. My son brought a good sized bag plus backpack.
My kids always bring home a laundry basket full of dirty clothes. But, you're right, for a long break like Christmas break they bring home more than just a backpack full of stuff. Mine usually leave their books and school supplies in their dorm room. But they would bring home video games, their laptop, a fish, toiletries and whatnot.

Was Jason, perhaps, expecting to spend only a part of his Christmas break at his parents' house and then return to his off campus apartment. I don't think he was in a dorm but I might be wrong about that.

Old 08-03-2022, 06:17 AM

4,991 posts, read 5,284,701 times
My college kid doesn't bring a lot more home than a backpack or small suitcase for breaks. We have a few clothes here. My child will wear the same three outfits over and over until I complain about how bad they look.

Jason had an apartment so he was probably going to go back during the break. The distance between his house and apartment is about three hours. It's not a bad drive. If he was doing any drugs, I can't see him hanging around his parents house and doing those... I could be wrong.

The wild hog theory sounds plausible. I know they are bad in some parts of the state.

I can't believe there wasn't a more thorough check of the area within 24 hours of the crash.

Old 08-03-2022, 07:57 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,698 posts, read 58,012,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I can't believe there wasn't a more thorough check of the area within 24 hours of the crash.
It's Texas!

What do we know about Texas rural LE?

1) Clueless (Where to start, when to start, how to start, what to do)
2) Protected by their many elected judges (and their 'bought in' media)
3) Prideful - will NOT ask for assistance
4) Incompetent

IOW... A Disaster...

Old 08-04-2022, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
My kids always bring home a laundry basket full of dirty clothes. But, you're right, for a long break like Christmas break they bring home more than just a backpack full of stuff. Mine usually leave their books and school supplies in their dorm room. But they would bring home video games, their laptop, a fish, toiletries and whatnot.

Was Jason, perhaps, expecting to spend only a part of his Christmas break at his parents' house and then return to his off campus apartment. I don't think he was in a dorm but I might be wrong about that.

My son also brought home more than a back pack with his gaming system. I can't see Jason going home for a few days without clothing, etc.

Feels like some sort of meet up to me. If the story about his friend also meeting him that night is true, he was not traveling home.

Old 02-11-2023, 06:47 PM

That would be sad news if it does turn out to be Jason but at least his family would have closure and give him a proper burial.

May this person they found RIP.

Old 02-11-2023, 07:12 PM

I wonder how close it is to where he went missing.

Old 02-11-2023, 08:13 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,284,701 times
They posted on their Facebook page that it is not him.

https://www.facebook.com/FindJasonLandry

Old 02-12-2023, 06:53 AM

This case has really bothered me. There is a part of me that thinks his body is out there in the woods. But there is another part me that thinks that Jason may have planned his disappearance, gotten into a car with someone and took off. I don't know what he might have been running from but I do wonder if he could still be alive.

Old 02-12-2023, 02:58 PM

8,548 posts, read 10,969,065 times
Having just heard of this case, by reading about it here on cd, I decided to research the case.
My feeling is he received a snapchat while at, or just before he entered the intersection at Magnolia.
It very well could have been a case where he hit a vehicle, while looking at his phone.

Authorities state he went off the dirt road some 4 miles away from that intersection, and more than likely "lost control of his car, and the rear of his car hit a tree".(the words of law enforcement)
No mention of the other damage to the car.

If you look at the pictures of the car, there is damage to the driver's front fender, which very well could have happened at that intersection of Magnolia.
It appears to me this was a case of extreme road rage.
I believe Jason was accosted by whoever he hit at that intersection, so he took off going straight ahead, instead of making a right turn which would have taken him in the direction he was supposed to be going.

Obviously the person he hit gave chase, and ran him off the dirt road where he crashed into the tree.
In one of the video you can clearly see two sets of tire tracks at the scene, which could indicate exactly what I am saying.

Now as for the clothes being scattered about, that is a tough one, but in road rage cases, people act crazy.
People have been beaten, and even shot ,in some road rage cases, so Jason winding up naked ,would not be out of the realm of things.
In a fit of rage the driver chasing him , told him to strip,, well aware of how cold it was outside.

It appears none of his valuables were taken, so robbery can be ruled out.
I believe it was a case of road rage, that more than likely ended in murder.
The body could have been disposed of anywhere.
Here is the link to what I found, and the video also.
https://www.khou.com/article/news/in...3-d651281700bf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events