Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2022, 04:21 PM

2,422 posts, read 1,549,435 times

Advertisements

News out of Maryland:
Quote:
Maryland State Police are asking for the public’s assistance identifying a man who was found last week walking alone along a Baltimore County highway.

At 9 p.m. on July 22, troopers responded to reports of a white male who was walking on Interstate 795 in the area of Owings Mills Boulevard in Baltimore County. The man, who was described as having a slim build and was only wearing black shorts, required medical attention and was unable to remember his name or contact information for family members.
Link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2022, 04:41 PM

2,468 posts, read 2,503,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm wondering if anyone watched the video linked in post #284. LE discovered, that Jason had been researching online "how to survive in the wilderness" the day he left on his trip, along with topics like "spiritual enlightenment". It seems he'd been taking drugs that provided a spiritual high. A friend of his also told LE that he was expecting to meet up with Jason that evening, IIRC. This is info only recently released to the public, according to the video.

This is important info. The video says, LE hasn't shared some of that info with the parents.

The video puts a different light on things. Makes you wonder if his disappearance was planned. I wonder if his friend had a hand in it?

Old 07-28-2022, 05:09 PM

17,496 posts, read 16,671,639 times
It has always seemed to me that Jason got into another vehicle - either willingly or unwillingly. There would have been some evidence of him being in those woods near the car if he had wandered into them naked and hallucinating.

The best case scenario is that he needed a break and has gone off with a new friend to live off the grid. The worst case is that he has met with some kind of foul play.

Old 07-28-2022, 05:19 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,866,139 times
It's important to keep these types of videos in the proper context and not give these YouTube "sleuths" any more credibility than they deserve. About "10 to Life":

Quote:
My name is Annie Elise and welcome to 10 to Life! By day, I'm a trend forecaster in the fashion industry and by night, I'm a true crime enthusiast.

Old 07-28-2022, 06:24 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,917,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monello View Post
News out of Maryland:

Link
I am originally from Maryland and follow their local Twitter. This story has absolutely nothing to do with Landry. They have the man in custody and his picture is being blasted to the public. He doesn’t resemble Landry in any way, shape or form. He has some kind of neurological condition and cannot remember who he is and he didn’t have any ID on him, so they are hoping his friends/family will recognize him. He is definitely not Landry.

Old 07-28-2022, 09:48 PM

1,403 posts, read 1,425,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
It's important to keep these types of videos in the proper context and not give these YouTube "sleuths" any more credibility than they deserve. About "10 to Life":
Couldn’t rep you again, thank you

Old 08-01-2022, 06:20 AM

23,909 posts, read 33,702,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Here is the NYPD post. They are aware of Jason and are checking to see if it is him. https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...20252253477149

Thanks, I knew that wasn't Landry as soon as I saw his picture.

One of my friends is in the top comments on it. She's local there lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm wondering if anyone watched the video linked in post #284. LE discovered, that Jason had been researching online "how to survive in the wilderness" the day he left on his trip, along with topics like "spiritual enlightenment". It seems he'd been taking drugs that provided a spiritual high. A friend of his also told LE that he was expecting to meet up with Jason that evening, IIRC. This is info only recently released to the public, according to the video.

This is important info. The video says, LE hasn't shared some of that info with the parents.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of what she says is true. No I haven't watched it, don't have time right now. Some of these Sleuths" know people who get info, it could be true or some of it true. It sure makes you wonder though.

I do think he got into another car and maybe clothes if he did plan it. My original gut was someone accidentally killed him, loaded him in their car or truck to dispose of him.

If he did do that, I wonder why he planned to live like that, run away.

Could be bad drugs too. He ran, then expired a mile or so away from his car. He may eventually be found, but he's not alive IMO

Old 08-01-2022, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Thanks, I knew that wasn't Landry as soon as I saw his picture.

One of my friends is in the top comments on it. She's local there lol

It wouldn't surprise me if some of what she says is true. No I haven't watched it, don't have time right now. Some of these Sleuths" know people who get info, it could be true or some of it true. It sure makes you wonder though.

I do think he got into another car and maybe clothes if he did plan it. My original gut was someone accidentally killed him, loaded him in their car or truck to dispose of him.

If he did do that, I wonder why he planned to live like that, run away.

Could be bad drugs too. He ran, then expired a mile or so away from his car. He may eventually be found, but he's not alive IMO
I wonder how he was doing academically at his school. If the stress of school was getting to him, he may have decided to go off the grid for awhile with a friend. I wonder if there's any indication that Jason had been buying supplies - like a tent, water purification tablets, etc in preparation for his disappearance.

Did Jason have any legal or financial worries that he might have been running from?

His clothes were found in the middle of the street but there is no mention of them being torn or bloodied which would tend to happen during a violent struggle. It indicates that Jason removed his clothes willingly and if he was planning to disrobe like that, it makes sense why he would choose to drive down a remote, isolated road where he would not be seen.

The whole thing seems staged to me. The question is, who staged it?

Old 08-02-2022, 06:39 AM

23,909 posts, read 33,702,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post

Did you actually watch the video? It's about 25 minutes long, so not a long video at all. I managed to watch a good chunk of it before I left for the day, I finished when I got online again.

What I said about some of these "sleuths" being told information is true. I mostly focused on unidentified people, that's been my passion since right after I joined here. I'd found the people search section, a woman had posted about an amnesia case that was big back then, she messaged me asking me to go to Websleuths to take a look with fresh eyes because she liked my attention to detail. She told me things that were not public knowledge. Another woman who's very well known now, was also working the case, she also told me things no one in the public knew. I've never disclosed any of it to anyone.

But that is not even the case here with this woman and anything she said. Apparently LE did an information dump that it seems all of us missed, sounds like she sorted through it. Everything she said came from that release of information. They even released a face time or snap chat call with he and his friend.

Jason was so stoned that the friend decided to record the call I guess because they were supposed to meet later on in the night. He knew Jason was so stoned that he wouldn't remember anything being talked about.

I'm posting another you tube below. I do happen to know the guest, Ed Dentzel who has his own show Unfound since 2016. I've posted on Websleuths with Ed before then. He does not make wild accusation. He does a lot of research on his own looking for facts. He was very into the Jessica Heeringa case which we both used to jump off of what each other posted. I know that things he is going to talk about are facts. In this case, Jason's father happens to be on the show too. I'm over 30 minutes in, his father has been doing the majority of talking. They are also going to discuss all of the released info. According to his father a new search is being talked bout. He says they searched about 5 miles. He has personally spoken to many property owners within 40 miles who continue to search their own property.

Jason's parents were not expecting him at that time for Christmas. He said that Jason and his brother had not made specific dates of when to go home, that they could wait until after finals, after hanging out a few days before heading out. They were waiting for their sister to also be there but he doesn't elaborate on when she was going to be there.

According to the first you tube, she said that it's thought Jason was meeting someone most likely for drugs or some sort of hook up because of his digital history of when he turned the mapping app off, it's thought because he'd gotten to the general area he was meeting someone because once the map app was off, he made a snap chat call or something like that, probably to tell the person that he was in the area, but he got into an accident. I don't know if LE released that snap chat call or if they spoke to that person so it's only speculation as far as I'm concerned but it makes a lot of sense.

There had been SAR (search and rescue) dogs brought there, they tracked his scent to a place on the road where the scent stopped, which could mean he got into a car. It could also mean nothing much because a case I worked for the family of the missing guy, he was also tracked too, but the SAR dogs missed him by about 15 feet. Yes, 15 feet lay his dead body. He was only found because he started decomposing, a homeowner was in his yard, could smell the decomp, called it in. This was my first case where the reward was not given, the mother said it was pledges, she never collected the pledged money. She also milked the case for donations saying it was for his viewing flowers, my partner and I had people donate directly to the funeral home and cemetery to pay for opening the ground and "stuff" like a free house rental plus furnishings. I didn't work for her, she wasn't in her son's life, his fathers mother raised the missing guy. We worked for the grandmother, her brother and his father.

LE are not looking for Jason according to the first you tube. It sounds like they're satisfied that he ran into the woods and most likely froze to death, and that wild pigs have most likely eaten his body. It was winter, the pigs were probably starving.

The only information that she said that I hadn't heard was that Jason had left his fish in the fish bowl on the road between his car and clothes. It's confirmed in the article below. They found his dead Betta fish.

It's a shame that LE did not process the crash scene, especially with how crashed up his car is. He hit that tree pretty hard. There are photos of his car, the tree and parts of Jason's car in this article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I wonder how he was doing academically at his school. If the stress of school was getting to him, he may have decided to go off the grid for awhile with a friend. I wonder if there's any indication that Jason had been buying supplies - like a tent, water purification tablets, etc in preparation for his disappearance.

Did Jason have any legal or financial worries that he might have been running from?

His clothes were found in the middle of the street but there is no mention of them being torn or bloodied which would tend to happen during a violent struggle. It indicates that Jason removed his clothes willingly and if he was planning to disrobe like that, it makes sense why he would choose to drive down a remote, isolated road where he would not be seen.

The whole thing seems staged to me. The question is, who staged it?

All great questions. I wonder them too.

It sounds like Jason was pretty into drugs, especially psychedelics if the first you tube is truthful. Apparently he was big into learning about things he felt while on them. I'd have to go back to that video to remember specifics that she said he googled before he left school. It was about spiritual awakenings or something like that. Spiritual retreats.

They showed his car in the you tube video, I'd forgotten how banged up it was.

One thing that really bugged me about the you tube was the use of the "clean, wholesome, boy next door" photos that were shown. It wasn't until later on that the newer photos were shown, the ones were his hair is longer, he looks like a party guy. I think they hurt the case not releasing the current photos until way later.

I wonder if he did meet whoever he snap chatted and if that person has been questioned, not necessarily that they had anything to do with him being missing. He could have been picked up then OD'd elsewhere, the person too afraid to call LE for help. Unfortunately, it happens way too often.

LE could get a warrant to find out what other cell phones were in the area when Jason was there. According to this article, they have not done that for some reason.

I have to do a few things. Stopped watching the you tube I'm posting but I'm sure I'll continue my thoughts about it later.

Father hopes newly released evidence will lead to safe return of missing Texas State student Jason Landry - Feb. 1, 2021, 7:28 PM EST
The Caldwell County Sheriff's Office released new details in their search, including a timeline of 21-year-old Jason Landry's movements the day he disappeared.

Quote:
Dec.13, 11:24 p.m. - Jason enters Luling, Texas on Highway 80. He stops using the Waze app and opens Snapchat. He passes through the intersection of Magnolia Avenue and East Austin Street, and that’s where Jason’s digital footprint stops. It’s believed he continued on East Austin to Spruce Street, which turns into Salt Flat Road.

At 12:31 a.m., Jason's wrecked vehicle is found on Salt Flat Road. Investigators say it was a single-vehicle collision, most likely from over-correcting on the gravel road, spinning off the roadway and crashing the rear-end into a tree.

But it’s the approximate 67-minute window between Jason’s last digital footprint and the discovery of the crash scene that investigators are focusing on. Investigators say Jason’s phone, which was found between the driver’s seat and center console, was on and had a signal, so they are still trying to figure out why it appears unused since the intersection at Magnolia Avenue.

“There are 67 minutes where we just don't know what happened,” Jason’s father told Dateline. “Was someone chasing him? Maybe. Did he just wreck and get out to find help? We don’t know. Anything is a possibility.”

Troopers who responded to the crash scene found Jason’s backpack, ball cap, toiletries and a tumbler with his dead betta fish in it on the road about 900 feet away. They say the backpack contained a small amount of marijuana, a laptop and gaming equipment.

The new evidence released over the weekend includes a photo of Jason on the night he went missing. He appeared to be in good spirits and he was wearing the same shirt that was found with the pile of clothes recovered by his father during the search. Caldwell County Sheriff’s investigators also released new photos of Jason’s wrecked car.

Hundreds of hours of security videos from in and around Luling were also reviewed, but none has offered up any evidence, according to the release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxlLpsa5jkM

Old 08-02-2022, 09:25 AM

If he had his Beta fish with him, he was either heading home for Christmas Break or he (or someone else) was making it LOOK like he was heading home for Christmas break.

No one brings their fish along with them for a drug or sex hookup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events