Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2021, 06:30 PM

51,225 posts, read 36,895,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Interesting local story, about a criminal that was caught this week by geofencing.

Looks promising in Jason's case.

https://www.kxan.com/news/crime/goog...uck-robberies/
Why do they wait so long though? If the technology is available, why not use it from the very beginning? I feel like if the family wasn’t still pushing, they would just let this case go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2021, 09:23 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 1 day ago)

35,878 posts, read 18,189,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Why do they wait so long though? If the technology is available, why not use it from the very beginning? I feel like if the family wasn’t still pushing, they would just let this case go.
Luling is a little bitty town. They did certainly drop the ball at first - and probably for good reason. Probably, when cars are wrecked and abandoned, the driver turns up fairly quickly. It does appear that Luling PD has a friendly relationship with Jason Landry's father, and they're willing to help find out what happened to him.

Unlike the PD working with Maura Murray's disappearance in New Hampshire, where the PD was actively working against Fred Murray and refusing to cooperate with him.

I have hopes that this warrant will move through the courts, and hopefully will lead to new information in Jason's disappearance.

Otherwise, it does appear this case has gone completely cold.

Old 05-16-2021, 01:32 AM

23,918 posts, read 33,745,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Luling is a little bitty town. They did certainly drop the ball at first - and probably for good reason. Probably, when cars are wrecked and abandoned, the driver turns up fairly quickly. It does appear that Luling PD has a friendly relationship with Jason Landry's father, and they're willing to help find out what happened to him.

Unlike the PD working with Maura Murray's disappearance in New Hampshire, where the PD was actively working against Fred Murray and refusing to cooperate with him.

I have hopes that this warrant will move through the courts, and hopefully will lead to new information in Jason's disappearance.

Otherwise, it does appear this case has gone completely cold.

It's unfortunate they didn't call in help with his case. It could have made a difference in the early days. I'm shocked the SAR didn't suggest something like this to his father way back in the beginning. I mentioned they needed to check his digital footprint. There's all sorts of things they can look at now, including seeing if the phone pinged and seeing what other phones were in the area. A few people, including me, have said maybe someone grabbed him for some reason. You never know. There's all sorts of sick people. Plus he stripped, could have been on something unless whoever grabbed him took his clothes off. Would they even be able to see signs of a struggle?

Old 07-16-2021, 02:18 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,517,959 times
It's been awhile since the last post. Has anyone heard anything new about Jason's disappearance?

Old 07-17-2021, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
It's been awhile since the last post. Has anyone heard anything new about Jason's disappearance?

Unfortunately, no word. He joins many people who are also missing. Hopefully his remains will be found unless someone kidnapped him which is unlikely. I'd think more so road rage that was covered up with him taken and disposed of.

Family of Jason Landry set up booth at Luling festival

Quote:
"We have a booth here in Luling at the Watermelon Thump Festival just trying to raise awareness for Jason," said Kent Landry, father to Jason Landry.

Smack in the middle of the festivities this year was Kent and Lisa Landry’s booth. They were passing out flyers, frisbees, and other free items with the words "Where is Jason" and "missing" stamped across it all. The Landrys have been working hard doing events like this for the past 6-months trying to find their son, Jason.

Old 07-17-2021, 07:21 AM

4,994 posts, read 5,328,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Unfortunately, no word. He joins many people who are also missing. Hopefully his remains will be found unless someone kidnapped him which is unlikely. I'd think more so road rage that was covered up with him taken and disposed of.

Family of Jason Landry set up booth at Luling festival
I guess road rage is possible, but I would think more likely that driving at night may have been the bigger problem. It's dark out in the country and not a lot of streetlights. It's harder to see. Some sort of medication, drugs or alcohol are a possibility. He also could have swerved to avoid wild animals that may have been out on the road.

Old 07-17-2021, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I guess road rage is possible, but I would think more likely that driving at night may have been the bigger problem. It's dark out in the country and not a lot of streetlights. It's harder to see. Some sort of medication, drugs or alcohol are a possibility. He also could have swerved to avoid wild animals that may have been out on the road.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that someone grabbed him and dumped him elsewhere. Otherwise, he ran and kept running, they just haven't found him yet.

It's like he was abducted by aliens lol

Old 07-17-2021, 11:12 AM

17,589 posts, read 16,727,801 times
He had driven home from college before. It seems that it should have been obvious to him that he had missed his exit when he wound up on that dark, isolated, heavily rutted road.

I think that either something happened to Jason and he was dumped somewhere else and then his car along with his belongings were left on that isolated road including his clothes left scattered around the road. Have dogs been able to pick up his scent?

The alternative might be that Jason disappeared on purpose. The car crash was staged and all of his belongings and identifying information, including his clothing, were left there to make it look like he had wandered off into the woods, dazed and confused.

If he disappeared on purpose, for whatever reason, I would imagine that he is wearing very different clothing than he usually wears, might have a different hair color, including facial hair. He may have put on weight or lost weight to make himself look like an entirely different person. The question would be, why would he run off and who helped him? Christmas break normally signifies the end of the fall semester. Did anyone Jason hang around drop out of college around the same time? Was everything going o.k. with Jason at school? Had he been talking to anyone online?

Old 12-21-2021, 05:09 PM

4,994 posts, read 5,328,440 times
The family posted that a decomposing body has been found in Sequin without clothes or identifying info. Police can't tell if it is male or female. It may or may not be Jason. https://seguingazette.com/alert/arti...pRKk0AyxJVEKsk

Old 12-21-2021, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
The family posted that a decomposing body has been found in Sequin without clothes or identifying info. Police can't tell if it is male or female. It may or may not be Jason. https://seguingazette.com/alert/arti...pRKk0AyxJVEKsk
Any idea how far it is from where he went missing? I just did a quick map, am unsure if it's right, says 32 minutes away

Last edited by Roselvr; 12-21-2021 at 07:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events