Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2023, 10:34 AM

50,860 posts, read 36,563,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Remains sometimes turn up years later in areas that had already been searched.
Sure when killers hide them, or they die on a 10 mile hike or remote off road area. But if he just wandered off dazed from the accident, it wouldn’t be that far to where his body would have been, and it wouldn’t have been buried. It would have been easy to find in that scenario IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2023, 12:52 PM

8,570 posts, read 10,994,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I've been to the area twice. Once right after it happened, and could look at the trees the car hit.

And once several months later.

The police reports of what happened, IMHO, are exactly correct. His car was intact until he was on that dark little road, when for some reason he swerved off to the right and hit both his front fender and the rear of the car as he spun. When I was there 2 days after the wreck, there was still broken tail light covers, and other detritus from the wreck, and scars on the trees. The car itself, and his belongings, had been removed.

Jason's beloved betta fish was located in the middle of the road dead, in its container, along with the clothing he was apparently wearing when he left Texas State University. I don't believe anyone except Jason would have removed his fish from the car. I believe he was trying to make it back to town, with his fish, and backpack, and then something happened.

For some reason, likely hypothermia and shock (the temperature that night was below freezing), he removed his clothing and left his backpack and his fish in the middle of the road and he has never been seen again.

This is an area where wildlife crosses the road at night. An animal crossing in the dark in front of him would have caused him to suddenly swerve on that road, and hit the trees.

When I was there the first time, there was a feral hog that had been hit by a car, weighing maybe 150 pounds that was in a state of decay right there. The smell of crude oil was so overwhelming, that you couldn't smell the decaying feral hog, although I was standing right next to it.

If Jason was also there, deceased, you'd have no way to detect that because of the overwhelming crude smell. I believe he's there, maybe a mile or so away, and just hasn't been discovered.
Why would anyone strip down naked on such a cold night?
That just doesn't make any sense at all,
I believe he was forced to strip down.
That is the only logical explanation for his being naked.

Old 02-13-2023, 05:03 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,826,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Why would anyone strip down naked on such a cold night?
That just doesn't make any sense at all,

I believe he was forced to strip down.
That is the only logical explanation for his being naked.
Actually, it does.

It is common for victims of hypothermia to remove their clothing.

Quote:
It's a phenomenon that's common among cold-related deaths. The medical definition for paradoxical undressing is "irrational behavior in exposure to extreme cold." In the Dallas County cases from February 2021, it's believed to be behind why victims removed their clothes only to perish in the low temperatures.

"We'll find people outside in frigid temperatures either partially clothed or completely naked," said Dr. Amy Gruszecki, a forensic pathologist of American Forensics.

Dr. Gruszeki says she sees paradoxical undressing in one out of five hypothermia cases.

"They start to hallucinate, they get confused and they start to feel warm even though they are far from warm," said Dr. Gruszecki.
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/lo...1-2d44909d6178

Old 02-14-2023, 09:51 AM

15,537 posts, read 10,518,276 times
Chalk me up to another one who thinks his body was a mile or two from the car. Search and rescue miss people all the time. At best he made it four miles or so. A big cat may have drug him further out. I imagine the wild hogs got him and remains are long gone, I hate them, very scary animals.

Old 02-14-2023, 11:45 PM

23,878 posts, read 33,601,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I remember in early discussions of the case, that it was said he'd taken drugs before leaving to drive home. I don't recall the details. Or maybe it was speculation that he went to the area where he was found, to buy drugs. Does anyone remember something about that, from earlier in the thread?

Yeah, that was one discussion, especially when LE announced he had "drugs" in his back pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They searched a very wide area though. That body would have been found if he just collapsed somewhere.

Bodies are missed probably more so then they are found. It depends on the SAR dog used, for one if it is the right type of dog, how long they've been doing it.

2013 a guy named Chris in WV, walked away from a party. SAR dogs were used, he was not found until he was decomposing 2 months later.

The SAR dogs had been within 15 feet of his body but missed him.

Old 02-15-2023, 08:58 AM

12,063 posts, read 10,287,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Remains sometimes turn up years later in areas that had already been searched.
Yes a lady went missing in San Antonio Texas. She was at a southside flea market and wandered off from her husband. She did have dementia. This was in 2016. They searched all over for her.

They found a skull in 2021 and it was confirmed that it was her.

The skull wasn't too far from where she disappeared.

Old 02-15-2023, 11:59 AM

40,954 posts, read 49,234,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
Yes a lady went missing in San Antonio Texas. She was at a southside flea market and wandered off from her husband. She did have dementia. This was in 2016. They searched all over for her.

They found a skull in 2021 and it was confirmed that it was her.

The skull wasn't too far from where she disappeared.
There have been several people just disappear from DFW Airport. Here is a lady with Alzhiemers changing planes with her invalid husband and disappeared.

She was found about 8 years later 15 miles away and had been murdered. They never did solve her case.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/local/police-...stery/1844246/
Quote:
The California woman disappeared while she and her husband were changing planes at DFW Airport. They were headed back home to California after visiting Indiana.
Or Paulino Del Mundo

https://charleyproject.org/case/paul...mundo-japor-jr

Quote:
Del Mundo Japor is from the Philippines and lived in Tampa, Florida at the time of her disappearance; she is a naturalized U.S. citizen and had a job as a certified nursing assistant. She was last seen at Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) International Airport in Dallas, Texas on September 15, 2019.

Old 02-15-2023, 04:06 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,485,547 times
Human remains found in areas already searched is a common theme in the David Paulides 411 videos. Sometimes they are found in the open on well-used hiking trails.

Old 12-13-2023, 01:59 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 13 days ago)

35,645 posts, read 18,001,275 times
Landry's missing persons case has reached the 3 year mark.

Apparently, in the last few months an exhaustive investigation was completed using all methods available, including digital mapping, that the family asked for.

Still, no sign of Jason.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/lo...f-449baebd913e

Old 12-14-2023, 08:27 AM

1,395 posts, read 1,409,638 times
this is so sad and difficult for the family. the unknown may be the hardest for grieving and mourning families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events