Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 03:26 PM

17,874 posts, read 16,031,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Yes, you have to be very twisted to compare these two cases.

Chauvin was a 44-year old agent of the state with nearly 20 years of law enforcement experience.

The suspect in this case is a 14 year old kid. Not excusing how horrible and tragic this story is. However, this infantile attempt at race baiting is complete nonsense.

By the way, I am not even a supporter of most of the tenets of BLM.

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner (HCME) listed drug use as being a factor that could have contributed to the death of George Floyd. But it reported that neck compression and cardiopulmonary arrest played a larger role in his death.

I guess that British tabloid you read (The Sun) blew enough smoke your way....
You been reading too much liberal media. The Hennepin county medical examiner did no find any sign of asphyxiation, or strangulation

Quote from article:
"The complaint filed by the Hennepin County Attorney, Mike Freeman, also says the Medical Examiner’s Office uncovered “no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation.”

https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/georg...death-autopsy/

You cannot listen to what the independent examiner says. I doubt the Floyd family has that kind of money to hire a famous Dr Baden. He likely hired by liberal media, Democrats, and whatever you want to call them to push their own narrative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i am aware that he died because a cop left his knee in his neck for almost 9 minutes and almost 3 of that was after he was no longer conscious.
If knee on neck is that deadly, we have far far more cases of this kind of death through the years. We dont. After like 7 minutes of not killing him, how will the extra 2 do it?

Remember Chauvin cannot apply any more downward force than gravity, and his weight will allow. It is not like he jumped up and down on Floyd's neck. If he was something have to break in order to kill him.

The official autopsy did not find any asphyxiation or trauma to the neck.

https://www.hennepin.us/-/media/henn...psy-6-3-20.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2021, 03:34 PM

1,465 posts, read 626,317 times
The knee on the neck was an approved move by the department to control out of control criminals like Floyd.

Old 03-30-2021, 03:52 PM

17,448 posts, read 15,584,798 times
Regardless of what you think of the George Floyd case, how in the world does that relate to this teen girl getting murdered?

Old 03-30-2021, 03:52 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,814,073 times
Both of you guys know he died because of the neck pressure. You think it isn't obvious that both of you are biased in favor of the police and it's shocking that you come to the conclusion that supports your biased view? We all saw the video of his knee in his neck for a couple of minutes after he lost consciousness. You will just believe whatever fits your biased opinion.

Old 03-31-2021, 03:10 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,254,479 times
Quote:
Both of you guys know he died because of the neck pressure. You think it isn't obvious that both of you are biased in favor of the police and it's shocking that you come to the conclusion that supports your biased view? We all saw the video of his knee in his neck for a couple of minutes after he lost consciousness. You will just believe whatever fits your biased opinion.
Incorrect. I'm gonna assume the Hennepin County medical examiner knows more about his demise than you.

Old 03-31-2021, 04:57 AM

1,465 posts, read 626,317 times
Quote:
The same can be said of you. Your opinion is just an opinion, nothing special. Fact is, this bum OD'd.

Old 03-31-2021, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
Incorrect. I'm gonna assume the Hennepin County medical examiner knows more about his demise than you.
"An autopsy carried out by Dr. Andrew Baker, the Hennepin County Medical Examiner, in June last year concluded Floyd's death was a homicide."

https://www.newsweek.com/george-floy...-death-1579393

Old 03-31-2021, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
The same can be said of you. Your opinion is just an opinion, nothing special. Fact is, this bum OD'd.
no, i am not biased like you. you will take the cops side every time. i will take the side of whichever is right in the situation. i am not political like you. i dont vote or support any political parties or politicians.

Old 03-31-2021, 10:35 AM

6,360 posts, read 5,072,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Because it's true.
Clara, i dont think so. I think people are manipulated into believing the worst of society in general. All of us are, and some realize it, and many do not realize it.

I simply do not believe most non-black Americans live life judging black people, and have an air of condescension towards them. There surely must be people like that, but hey exist from any color or ethnicity, and judge anyone not like themselves. The vast majority of people are too busy with life, frankly.

I think that is BELIEVED there is this thought towards blacks, but say anything too many times, and people believe it when its not true.

Old 03-31-2021, 12:49 PM

828 posts, read 419,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That’s total BS. I know what I have seen with my own eyes. And it’s not just people of color, either. Not going to argue it here so we will have to agree to disagree.
But why not also protest the sex discrimination. If you look at the stats males are much more likely to get arrested or stopped by the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events