Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2022, 09:35 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,755,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Oh please the police use that word all the time. All of the people at the house when the 911 call was made have been "cleared". The guy at the food truck has also been "cleared" according to police. They did not say they were not suspects. Their exact words were that they "do not believe any individual at the residence, (or at the food truck) is involved in this crime".
Directly from Moscow PD's site:

Quote:
At this time in the investigation, detectives do not believe the following are involved in this crime:
Again, the term "cleared" has not been used by LE in any of updates or PRs. The ones using the word "cleared" are SM sleuths and yellow journalists like Ashley Banfield.

The point was simply that LE will revisit those who have been "ruled out" if new evidence to the contrary comes to light. Just saying that nothing's written in stone here. Sorry that's so hard to understand, but that would be the case no matter how it's worded.

Edit: I'm not sure why so many people seem to think that LE should disclose the identities of anyone they may be investigating right now. Besides compromising the investigation, just look at the harassment white hoodie's family has faced so far.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 12-05-2022 at 10:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2022, 10:19 PM

29,523 posts, read 22,680,154 times
An interesting point was made by some people that Kaylee and Madison looked alike, and they do look quite similar in many pictures. Same hair color/style, same body type, similar facial structure, etc. As their bodies were found in Madison's room, who knows who was the target (if the targeted scenario is true), since we don't know which body had the worst knife wounds.

Old 12-06-2022, 04:59 AM

513 posts, read 471,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I guess it depends on who the hand print belongs to. Could be something, could be nothing.

I`m guessing if that hand print is the killer `s, that killer was peeking through that window by following them. so what window is it ? the sliding glass door, the kitchen window ? what window?

Old 12-06-2022, 06:37 AM

50,829 posts, read 36,538,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Why can't the police get a search warrant for his apartment and get the DNA off of a toothbrush or something? Assuming he is even a suspect in this case. He may not be.
You need to show a reason for the search warrant, and we don't know the reason why the police said he was cleared. Why would they clear him and then search his apartment?

Old 12-06-2022, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
An interesting point was made by some people that Kaylee and Madison looked alike, and they do look quite similar in many pictures. Same hair color/style, same body type, similar facial structure, etc. As their bodies were found in Madison's room, who knows who was the target (if the targeted scenario is true), since we don't know which body had the worst knife wounds.
Yes, I think mistaking them for each other was very possible in the dark.

Old 12-06-2022, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docyabut View Post
I`m guessing if that hand print is the killer `s, that killer was peeking through that window by following them. so what window is it ? the sliding glass door, the kitchen window ? what window?
I have doubts that someone who left no tracks otherwise and seemed to be careful, would do something as stupid as press his hand against the window. The hand print could belong to anyone in the house.

Old 12-06-2022, 06:41 AM

So an interesting theory I heard about the 911 call, is that one of the girls saw their bodies upstairs, ran downstairs and passed out from shock. And that the people who called 911 called for her, before they knew there were bodies. Makes sense.

The families are discussing hiring a P.I.

Old 12-06-2022, 06:43 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
What I'm trying to say is that we don't know that hoodie guy isn't a suspect. LE isn't telling us who their suspects are, but you can bet that they have and maybe still are looking at this guy (and possibly others) really closely. Don't read too much into the SM/Banfield noise about them not having any "suspects."

A person does not have to be a named suspect in order for a search warrant to be obtained in Idaho, btw.
LE is telling us there aren't any suspects, or any persons of interest. I've watched the police chief himself say that, day after day, on video.

Also, about police never releasing their persons of interest - they do that all the time. Look at the Kyron Hormon story, among others that I won't list here because it will derail the thread. Sometimes, cops unleash hellfire on to a suspect during the investigation and entreat the public to turn over and and all information they may have on that one single person.

Old 12-06-2022, 06:45 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

A new video released this morning, with not much new if you're following the story.

LE has said they didn't tell Goncalves that Kaylee's injuries were different, or more significant than the others, and then they backtrack to say but they're not saying that's not true. My guess is Goncalves got that info from the funeral home that processed both Kaylee's and Madison's remains.

They're now focusing on where Xana and Ethan were during the mysterious 3 hour gap, at the end of the evening.

More information about Kaylee's dog, that isn't really relevant but he wasn't bloody and was closed in a room that wasn't Kaylee's when the cops arrived.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/vide...dents-94560994

Old 12-06-2022, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
So an interesting theory I heard about the 911 call, is that one of the girls saw their bodies upstairs, ran downstairs and passed out from shock. And that the people who called 911 called for her, before they knew there were bodies. Makes sense.

The families are discussing hiring a P.I.
That was posted earlier in this thread, and I agree that sounds completely plausible. That the unconscious person was one of the surviving roommates who fainted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events