Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2022, 06:51 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,927,273 times

Advertisements

I've been watching the internet on this story, and I can't find a single person except poster "Zulu" on this thread who caught on to the "she called 911" statement in the Goncalves interview. As much as that interview has been dissected, chewed up and spat out, no one but Zulu heard it him say she called 911.

Unless I've missed others discussing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2022, 06:52 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

Why was Kaylee in the process of moving back home, anybody know? This was the middle of the semester.

Old 12-05-2022, 06:56 AM

50,702 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
Oh gosh, no, not at all. Didn't even cross my mind for them to do that at all. My understanding is that they usually run the DNA with those private companies to see if they can get a match at all. I know for sure that is how one case was solved, with a match on ancestry.

But as someone said earlier, they probably don't have any DNA from the criminal, so there's probably not going to be anything done along that line.

Yes, I hear that too. I'd also like to know what that's about. I thought the calls or texts were to her ex-boyfriend before the timeframe of the murders.

I'm just really worried they don't have anything. And I understand the parents' frustration; I agree with Mr. Goncalves that they could share something which would not alter the investigation (he mentioned the alibis and I can't understand why they would not share that with him. Maybe someone can help to explain it).
The families don't trust that they aren't making mistakes. This is a small town that hasn't had a murder in 7 years, these are not experts in this kind of case in this town. Specifically, they are suspicious of a couple of people that were cleared very quickly, and they want to know why they were cleared.

The former FBI agent interviewed also said they cleared people much more quickly than would be expected, if they looked at many angles before clearing them. She listed off things they would typically do to clear someone, and to do them would have taken longer than it took in this case.

Old 12-05-2022, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Why was Kaylee in the process of moving back home, anybody know? This was the middle of the semester.
She was scheduled to graduate in December. She took a job in Austin and was getting ready to move there.

Old 12-05-2022, 07:00 AM

Quote:
When the Police Chief said all the victims were stabbed in their beds, and the coroner came out and corrected him saying not all of them were stabbed in their beds, was this simply in reference to the fact that Kaylee wasn't in her own bed, but rather, was in Madison's?

Have we been wrong this whole time thinking someone (usually Ethan) managed to get up and chase the stabber? When in fact, the discrepancy might have just been that Kaylee was with Madison in her bed?
There was never any evidence of anyone getting up to chase people, it was just theorizing by a few.

Old 12-05-2022, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
They've apparently learned that the person with the most brutal injuries was K, according to Brian Entin on NewsNation.
Yes, but then an expert said she wondered if the killer was able to tell which girl was which in the dark?

Old 12-05-2022, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
Here’s the thing each of the murder victim’s parents recently had their children buried.When the victims parents have their child buried they get to see the entire body.

While it may be true that due to privacy of all 4 victims: Their wounds, markings etc aren’t shared with the entire group of parents. However, that doesn’t stop the parents from privately talking amongst themselves about what wounds were on their child when they buried them. I also would not be surprised if Kaylee’s dad called Maddie’s dad to talk about what they saw on their daughters (wound wise) before burials. They might have even taken their own pictures to share between them.

Also keep in mind Maddie and Kaylee were best friends since 6th grade. Both their families knew each other very very well and were close. Thus, I have no doubt that they have talked privately about all this. Which is why I am not surprised that SG knew about Maddie and Kaylee’s wounds and was able to say how they were killed doesn’t exactly match.
The two girls were cremated, not sure about the other 2.

Old 12-05-2022, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
There was never any evidence of anyone getting up to chase people, it was just theorizing by a few.
Well, there was a statement by the coroner that "not all victims were stabbed in their beds" that went along with the companion statement, "all victims were believed to have been stabbed while sleeping".

Which leaves the obvious conclusion (IMHO) that one got up out of bed at the time of the stabbings.

But now, it seems maybe he's referring to Kaylee not being in HER bed. Not that anyone got out of bed.

Old 12-05-2022, 07:51 AM

221 posts, read 424,273 times
Quote:
Well, there was a statement by the coroner that "not all victims were stabbed in their beds" that went along with the companion statement, "all victims were believed to have been stabbed while sleeping".

Which leaves the obvious conclusion (IMHO) that one got up out of bed at the time of the stabbings.

But now, it seems maybe he's referring to Kaylee not being in HER bed. Not that anyone got out of bed.
Just because one of the victims found out of their bed doesn’t necessarily mean oh they were stabbed outside of their bed. That person could have been stabbed while sleeping but were left in such a position that they fell out of their bed. So when the coroner says so and so was found stabbed out of their bed then it would depend on where exactly were they found outside of their bed.

Last edited by kittycat40; 12-05-2022 at 08:00 AM..

Old 12-05-2022, 07:56 AM

221 posts, read 424,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The two girls were cremated, not sure about the other 2.
Regardless if it was a burial or cremation the parents would have been able to see their daughters bodies before hand

Last edited by kittycat40; 12-05-2022 at 08:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events