Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2022, 12:25 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,874,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Goncalves parents say victims "means of death don't match". "Their points of damage don't match".

Mysteriously worded. Is he saying they weren't all 4 stabbed in the same places on their bodies? I don't see what that would matter.

https://nypost.com/2022/12/04/parent...th-dont-match/
I could see where it might be indicative of who was targeted if one was attacked primarily in a particular part of the body vs others. Esp face or groin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2022, 12:34 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
You know, as hungry as the public seems to be for "information," there's a reason LE doesn't blab every single detail.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/04/us/un...ess/index.html

Quote:
But the complex nature of a high-level homicide investigation involves utmost discretion from police, experts say, because any premature hint to the public about a suspect or the various leads police are following can cause it to fall apart.
Quote:
“Police having no suspects is factually incorrect,” Miller said. “Police have had a number of suspects they’ve looked at, but they have no suspect they’re willing to name. You don’t name them unless you have a purpose for that. That’s not unusual.”

Old 12-04-2022, 12:35 PM

1,047 posts, read 1,012,991 times
Quote:
Goncalves parents say victims "means of death don't match". "Their points of damage don't match".

Mysteriously, worded. Is he saying they weren't all 4 stabbed in the same places on their bodies? I don't see what that would matter.

https://nypost.com/2022/12/04/parent...th-dont-match/
"Means of death" would mean that not all were even killed with a knife, whereas authorities have said they were. I imagine he just chose his words poorly, meaning to say the wounds were not all alike.

Old 12-04-2022, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
Also he brought up a good point. If they have actually managed to get DNA of the murderer, one thing they can do is get DNA from everyone in the town, voluntarily of course. And there's no rational reason why anyone would refrain from offering their DNA unless of course, they are the murderer (or know who it is and are related). And they may not be able to obtain the DNA of the murderer himself from the volunteers of the town, but they may be able to get a match to a relative. So if they have DNA, that would definitely be one route to take if they don't have any other leads (and since gfms are so popular--and for reasons waaaaaaaaaaay less serious than this-- there would be no problem raising the money to conduct this research) (and you get a person in town who doesn't want to offer their DNA--free of charge--then that would definitely be someone to look into more closely. Everyone in the community wants this murder solved--or at least is acting that way. For someone to be reticent would be very, very suspicious)
ll)
I don't mean to be confrontational, but this is a ridiculous suggestion on multiple levels.

Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,606 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
I could see where it might be indicative of who was targeted if one was attacked primarily in a particular part of the body vs others. Esp face or groin
They've made it clear that none of the 4 were sexually assaulted, and I think stabbing in the groin or removing genitals would certainly fall under that umbrella.

I'd like to hear him say more of what he means.

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
I don't mean to be confrontational, but this is a ridiculous suggestion on multiple levels.
You beat me to it.

Old 12-04-2022, 12:40 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
You know, as hungry as the public seems to be for "information," there's a reason LE doesn't blab every single detail.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/04/us/un...ess/index.html
I would be much more comfortable if someone actually involved in this investigation made that statement, and not someone commenting to the media in general from their knowledge of investigations, in general.

I don't think they have anyone at all in their sights, with any actual evidence. (Like, this guy sure looks like the guy on video, or we have a good clear partial fingerprint match to this guy, or this guy's girlfriend said he was gone all night and their butcher knife is missing).

Old 12-04-2022, 12:45 PM

Quote:
I would be much more comfortable if someone actually involved in this investigation made that statement, and not someone commenting to the media in general from their knowledge of investigations, in general.

I don't think they have anyone at all in their sights, with any actual evidence. (Like, this guy sure looks like the guy on video, or we have a good clear partial fingerprint match to this guy, or this guy's girlfriend said he was gone all night and their butcher knife is missing).
Wish granted:. Chief Fry has been saying that from day one.

If you want to hear what the cops are telling the public, MPD makes a daily trport on their FB page...

Old 12-04-2022, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Wish granted:. Chief Fry has been saying that from day one.

If you want to hear what the cops are telling the public, MPD makes a daily trport on their FB page...
I've followed pretty closely, and have never heard them say they have some significant leads they are tracking down and hope to make an arrest soon, which is typical for investigations.

They're acting like LE's act when they have absolutely nothing that's panning out at all, like the Brittney Drexel Case, the Rachel Cooke case, the Jason Landry case, the Jason Jolkowski case, etc.

They're working really hard, around the clock, and it appears they're coming up with nothing to go on.

I sure hope I'm wrong.

What Miller said, that I would LOVE to hear Rye say - that the statement that they have no suspects is factually incorrect. Rye has said, in every statement, that they have no suspects in mind. Miller says that's factually incorrect. I'd like to see someone within the Moscow PD make such a bold and contradictory statement to the party line.

Last edited by ClaraC; 12-04-2022 at 01:22 PM..

Old 12-04-2022, 12:49 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb100 View Post
"Means of death" would mean that not all were even killed with a knife, whereas authorities have said they were. I imagine he just chose his words poorly, meaning to say the wounds were not all alike.
Yeah, I think he just meant that there were some differences in the stab wounds on the girls' bodies. I don't think he was implying that one of the girls was beaten or shot or strangled or whatever, as opposed to, stabbed. They both died from being stabbed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events