Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2022, 05:53 PM

5,423 posts, read 3,482,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Here's exactly what he said:

"I can kind of tell by my daughter's text messages, she did call 911, she wasn't saying anything along the lines she had heard something or was in fear."

The closed captioning on the video shows "she did call 911". I don't know if that's very reliable or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2022, 05:53 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Here's exactly what he said:

"I can kind of tell by my daughter's text messages, she did call 911, she wasn't saying anything along the lines she had heard something or was in fear."

I'm really surprised that among the 3 interviewers who were there, not one of them thought to follow up on that statement. He may have misspoken, but the interviewers weren't even listening.
So true. They all seemed to want to get the narrative that the parents and police aren’t getting along. They didn’t even bother with the 911 texts (who texts?).

Old 12-04-2022, 06:02 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
That's exactly what I heard too, but maybe they heard that she didn't call 911 since they didn't ask about it.

The rest of it seemed odd to me too if he said that she did call 911, so that's why I'm thinking he said she didn't but for some reason I'm just hearing that she did.

Not thinking there would be a match to the actual murderer, the best that can be hoped for (unless he was dumb enough to do a dna kit on his own or had a prior arrest/conviction/whatever it is that they would already have his dna on file in some police headquarters) is a match to a relative.
I know, I read through the rest of the thread after I posted that comment. You want a larger pool of samples to get a good match.

Old 12-04-2022, 06:30 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,927,273 times
When the Police Chief said all the victims were stabbed in their beds, and the coroner came out and corrected him saying not all of them were stabbed in their beds, was this simply in reference to the fact that Kaylee wasn't in her own bed, but rather, was in Madison's?

Have we been wrong this whole time thinking someone (usually Ethan) managed to get up and chase the stabber? When in fact, the discrepancy might have just been that Kaylee was with Madison in her bed?

Old 12-04-2022, 07:33 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
They've apparently learned that the person with the most brutal injuries was K, according to Brian Entin on NewsNation.

Old 12-04-2022, 08:53 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
They've apparently learned that the person with the most brutal injuries was K, according to Brian Entin on NewsNation.
I think specifically they have learned that Kaylee's injuries were more significant than Maddie's injuries were.

Although, I could have sworn that I have read or heard the opposite - with Maddie's injuries being more severe than Kaylee's were.

Old 12-05-2022, 12:16 AM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Interesting, Kaylee's father mentions he can't specify whether he believes his daughter was targeted in one news article, and in another article, the dad does think his daughter or Madison was targeted.

Along with that comes the bombshell revelation by Brian Entin that Kaylee appeared to have the most significant injuries. Brian doesn't say who his source was for that information but I can take a wild guess.

At any rate, every day it's looking more and more like a targeted attack by someone that knew one or more of the victims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1VTSn8-77g

Idaho murders: Kaylee Goncalves' father believes suspect 'chose to go' upstairs to potentially target victims

Quote:
The grieving father said he "can't" specify whether he believes his daughter or any of the other victims were targets of the attack.

"I asked for permission to do just that, and they said no," Goncalves said of police. "I probably over-disclosed information that they wish I wouldn't have said, but the story's going cold.
There's less people coming to Moscow. I'm not going to go sleep in my bed knowing that I could get up and I could go to town and I could do something, and I'm not going to go away. I hate to be a pain, but as a father, I just can't even sleep thinking that I could be doing something."
Father of Idaho murder house victim says he believes his daughter or her best friend WERE targeted

Old 12-05-2022, 05:22 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
It's reasonable to think the girls were targeted.

It's likely one would have more aggressive stab wounds, for various reasons. Struggled the most, remained alive the longest, was in a more (or less) accessible position...

Undoubtedly the crime was done in the dark to mask the identity of intruder, so pretty chaotic and indiscreet.

Old 12-05-2022, 05:58 AM

221 posts, read 424,273 times
Here’s the thing each of the murder victim’s parents recently had their children buried.When the victims parents have their child buried they get to see the entire body.

While it may be true that due to privacy of all 4 victims: Their wounds, markings etc aren’t shared with the entire group of parents. However, that doesn’t stop the parents from privately talking amongst themselves about what wounds were on their child when they buried them. I also would not be surprised if Kaylee’s dad called Maddie’s dad to talk about what they saw on their daughters (wound wise) before burials. They might have even taken their own pictures to share between them.

Also keep in mind Maddie and Kaylee were best friends since 6th grade. Both their families knew each other very very well and were close. Thus, I have no doubt that they have talked privately about all this. Which is why I am not surprised that SG knew about Maddie and Kaylee’s wounds and was able to say how they were killed doesn’t exactly match.

Old 12-05-2022, 06:20 AM

24,597 posts, read 9,437,319 times
This is one crazy story. Lets hope they find the perp and fast, whoever it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events