Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2022, 02:41 PM

6,296 posts, read 4,192,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
Unless they were severely intoxicated, it is hard to believe they would not have heard something. You can't quietly stab four people.

I’m a heavy sleeper and don’t hear major storms , coyotes , squealing cats , and sometimes I still have my earbuds after listening to music, so not hard to believe at all. According to the police the victims were asleep so not likely there was a lot of noise from them and even if there was some noise their location within the house might buffer any noises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2022, 04:23 PM

50,723 posts, read 36,424,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
That kid did not do this. The roommates did not do this. A sick psycho fixated upon those kids and did this.
Today on the news they said that this house that the kids lived in was very popular place for the kids at that college to hang out, and that it has been for a couple of generations. I’m not sure what they mean by that, but they said that there are probably multiple people that know the key code for that house.

There is also a sliding glass door that leads right into the second-floor bedrooms, so I guess a person could’ve gotten in that way if they left it unlocked, however one of the girls sister said she was meticulous about locking door so I don’t know. The house is fairly large, three stories, six bedrooms and three bathrooms, so most likely every kid was sleeping in their own room. There are bedrooms on the second floor and the third floor, I don’t know if all the kids who were killed were on one floor or not.

Interestingly, in September some kids on campus reported to police that they were threatened by a man with a knife in the parking lot. The University police put out a warning to all the students. But they said the police do not think it’s connected, but I don’t know why.

The houses are also fairly close together, there’s not more than 20 feet between that house and the next house over, so if someone screamed surely someone in the other houses would’ve heard it. It also came out today that there was a dog in the house. I saw the dog in videos that they showed, it looks like some kind of mid sized mutt. But surely he would’ve barked if there was an intruder and woke up the sleeping kids. Maybe it was in the bedroom of the roommates that never woke up, I don’t know.

It’s really a very mysterious situation.

Old 11-19-2022, 04:31 PM

50,723 posts, read 36,424,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Earlier, authorities said, there was no sign of forced entry. Did the assailant follow them into the home somehow, then wait for them to fall asleep? Or did they leave the front door unlocked, by mistake?

One of the girls made several calls to a friend named Jack within about 10-20 minutes, at around 2:30 a.m. The murders are said to have occurred between 3:00 and 4:00 a.m.

Where is this Jack guy, and why hasn't he come forward, if his phone registered those calls? Did she leave any voice mails?

I hope there's a breakthrough in the case soon.
Jack is the boyfriend of one of the blonde girls, I’m not sure which. But both of them called him, and they called him nine times in a 25 minute. Between 230 and 3 AM. The girlfriend called him six times and the other girl called three times. I don’t have a link, I saw it on a special one hour expanded edition of Banfield news show on News Nation.

I’m quite sure the police have spoken with him.

Old 11-19-2022, 06:10 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,610 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Today on the news they said that this house that the kids lived in was very popular place for the kids at that college to hang out, and that it has been for a couple of generations. I’m not sure what they mean by that, but they said that there are probably multiple people that know the key code for that house.

There is also a sliding glass door that leads right into the second-floor bedrooms, so I guess a person could’ve gotten in that way if they left it unlocked, however one of the girls sister said she was meticulous about locking door so I don’t know. The house is fairly large, three stories, six bedrooms and three bathrooms, so most likely every kid was sleeping in their own room. There are bedrooms on the second floor and the third floor, I don’t know if all the kids who were killed were on one floor or not.

Interestingly, in September some kids on campus reported to police that they were threatened by a man with a knife in the parking lot. The University police put out a warning to all the students. But they said the police do not think it’s connected, but I don’t know why.

The houses are also fairly close together, there’s not more than 20 feet between that house and the next house over, so if someone screamed surely someone in the other houses would’ve heard it. It also came out today that there was a dog in the house. I saw the dog in videos that they showed, it looks like some kind of mid sized mutt. But surely he would’ve barked if there was an intruder and woke up the sleeping kids. Maybe it was in the bedroom of the roommates that never woke up, I don’t know.

It’s really a very mysterious situation.
I am wracking my brain trying to think of the name of the little girl who was kidnapped out of a mobile home she sheared with her father and his parents. The dad was spending the night with his girlfriend, and the 8ish year old girl was home safe in bed with her grandparents in the next bedroom. She slept with her little dachshund, who everyone agreed was very yappy and protective and there was no way she could have been kidnapped in the middle of the night without that dog raising an alarm. But apparently, that's what happened. Some random sex offender meth head was crawling around in the trailer in the wee hours of the night, and he took her.

During that time there were discussions of what "the dead of night" meant - and apparently it means the time around 3-4 where people sleep so soundly, and dogs too, that things can happen and no one wakes up.

I do agree, this is a weird case, although it may be as simple as they were all really drunk and had been asleep for an hour or so. Not the dog, though. Hm.

Old 11-19-2022, 06:12 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

Former detectives say Moscow Police jumped the gun by saying these murders were "isolated and targeted".

https://www.foxnews.com/us/idaho-stu...tack-statement

Old 11-19-2022, 08:08 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,079,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
So many twists and turns! Family members seem to be putting out more information than law enforcement.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/idaho-mur...layings-report
The families may even solve the case after all is said and done.

Old 11-19-2022, 08:24 PM

102,192 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Jack is the boyfriend of one of the blonde girls, I’m not sure which. But both of them called him, and they called him nine times in a 25 minute. Between 230 and 3 AM. The girlfriend called him six times and the other girl called three times. I don’t have a link, I saw it on a special one hour expanded edition of Banfield news show on News Nation.

I’m quite sure the police have spoken with him.
That's the info I came across, too.

Old 11-19-2022, 09:31 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,627,074 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-j1_aOhA4E

Old 11-20-2022, 07:08 AM

Coroner corrects law enforcement statement; not all the victims were stabbed in their beds.

For some reason, LE in this case is choosing to purposely mislead the public, which is not terribly uncommon during an investigation.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/univers...-beds-coroner/

Old 11-20-2022, 07:20 AM

6,296 posts, read 4,192,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
While in college one of my kids slept through a tornado. Since nobody got hurt, it's still quite the joke with their friends. So, I can see somebody sleeping through the ordeal.
My other thought is that since this house was considered a party house , that’s what I read somewhere, hearing a bit of a racket might not be unusual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events