Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2022, 04:55 PM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Former detectives say Moscow Police jumped the gun by saying these murders were "isolated and targeted".

https://www.foxnews.com/us/idaho-stu...tack-statement

I saw a former FBI agent interviewed yesterday, and she feels sure only one of the people was actually the target, and the other 3 were just killed because the person had so much rage. She said this was a passionate, rage-fueled killing, not just random attack.

I have heard too that the girl Kasey had a stalker. I wonder if they spotted him or got some kind of message from him/about him that night, and that's why they kept trying to reach Jack? Maybe they were trying to get him to come over (they were not able to reach him).

Kasey's sister said their family feels certain Jack had nothing to do with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2022, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
My other thought is that since this house was considered a party house , that’s what I read somewhere, hearing a bit of a racket might not be unusual.

They said it was a popular hangout for the kids but that doesn't necessarily mean loud drunken parties. But screams of someone being stabbed cannot be mistaken for a party, IMO. It would have been totally silent except for screams, no music, etc. The houses are close together, 20-30 feet to the next house.

Old 11-20-2022, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
Experts are stating they may have been too shocked to scream.

When I was attacked in a parking lot the man came at me and grabbed my neck and started to drag me to a car. It was fast and brutal . I always thought I’d be a screamer but I was so shocked I couldn't process what was happening to me and Then near the car I tried to scream but nothing came out of my mouth. I eventually did scream and a bystander came to my rescue , but if he’d have stabbed me or hit my head with a weapon in those early and crucial seconds I’d have been done.

That happened to me during a near-drowning.

What a scary incident that must have been! Do you do anything differently now because of it? Carry pepper spray, etc?

Old 11-20-2022, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada2012 View Post
I understand this mom is devastated beyond my comprehension but ...

What information and communication do the families want ?

The local authorities seem to be processing the forensics and talking to people who were around that night (think grey hoodie guy).

Yes there were some communication missteps at the beginning and they should evaluate their communication to the public policies, but is that really the priority at this point.

Mom feels unhappy and she's thinking things... okay.. none of that is helping to solve the case...it seems to me to be public grieving.

Here is a local interview.

https://www.khq.com/news/it-makes-me...7100f5c07.html

It's been Kasey's sister that I have seen on the news shows. I don't know the details.

Old 11-20-2022, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
The ratings are rough to say the least. There honestly isn’t a lot of fans of the show let alone the network. The Hallmark channel has less viewers but that’s about it. https://ustvdb.com/networks/ Less than 50k viewers, with some shows less than 20k

I'm sure Fox had a rough time in the beginning too, as did CNN ("who is going to watch news for 24 hours??". Fox had the Simpsons to help, News Nation doesn't have original programming, It takes time to start an actual news network. The ratings are slowly growing. Chris' interview with Kanye surely helped, as did being the only network to air the Warnock-Walker debate and the Oz-Fetterman debate.

I hope it lasts, it's the only news network aimed for that group News Nation (Dan Abrams) calls "The neglected moderate majority". I used to watch CNN all the time, now I watch News Nation. Except Smerconish, I still watch that.

Old 11-20-2022, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I am surprised the police are giving so much info in the press
Think that is likely a bad idea…counterproductive in long run
But maybe because they don’t get many multiple murders

Many of the students are afraid to come back to campus, and many of their parents are afraid to let them. They need to be transparent and communicate with the community.

Old 11-20-2022, 05:26 PM

6,296 posts, read 4,192,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They said it was a popular hangout for the kids but that doesn't necessarily mean loud drunken parties. But screams of someone being stabbed cannot be mistaken for a party, IMO. It would have been totally silent except for screams, no music, etc. The houses are close together, 20-30 feet to the next house.

Like some experts are saying they may have been too shocked to scream.

Like I said earlier “When I was attacked in a parking lot the man came at me and grabbed my neck and started to drag me to a car. It was fast and brutal . I always thought I’d be a screamer but I was so shocked I couldn't process what was happening to me and Then near the car I tried to scream but nothing came out of my mouth. I eventually did scream and a bystander came to my rescue , but if he’d have stabbed me or hit my head with a weapon in those early and crucial seconds I’d have been done.”.

Old 11-20-2022, 05:52 PM

6,296 posts, read 4,192,051 times
Quote:
That happened to me during a near-drowning.

What a scary incident that must have been! Do you do anything differently now because of it? Carry pepper spray, etc?

I was 17 at the time . I became much more observant of my surroundings, places I might be vulnerable, learned to carry my keys like a knuckle duster ( back in the day in the uk no such thing as pepper spray).

Old 11-20-2022, 06:53 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,340,370 times
Quote:
I saw a former FBI agent interviewed yesterday, and she feels sure only one of the people was actually the target, and the other 3 were just killed because the person had so much rage. She said this was a passionate, rage-fueled killing, not just random attack.

I have heard too that the girl Kasey had a stalker. I wonder if they spotted him or got some kind of message from him/about him that night, and that's why they kept trying to reach Jack? Maybe they were trying to get him to come over (they were not able to reach him).

Kasey's sister said their family feels certain Jack had nothing to do with it.
My guess is the boyfriend Jack did it. Probably flipped out for some stupid reason like other people that kill their wives. Girls parents will turn on him once he becomes a suspect.

Old 11-20-2022, 07:44 PM

2,458 posts, read 2,475,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
My guess is the boyfriend Jack did it. Probably flipped out for some stupid reason like other people that kill their wives. Girls parents will turn on him once he becomes a suspect.

I wonder if Jack has an alibi? Has it came out why he didn't answer his phone? He would have a motive since they had recently broken up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events