Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2023, 11:53 AM

8,886 posts, read 5,367,816 times

Advertisements

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...y-manslaughter

Had it been any of us, it would have been done long ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2023, 12:35 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,576,131 times
This is way past due. Let him defend himself in open court, not on talk shows and on social media.

Old 01-19-2023, 12:45 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,143,735 times
This will be really interesting I think. I wonder if the trial will be televised ala Johnny Depp/Amber Heard.

I remember at the time that this all happened, reading the details and thinking "This isn't cut and dry at all." Now...the details are fuzzy to me, but it'll be interesting to revisit.

Old 01-19-2023, 01:37 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,927,237 times
Hannah Gutierrez-Reed is the name of the armorer/weapons handler and I feel the media should put her name out there in the headlines as often as they do Alec Baldwin. Don't forget... Hannah Gutierrez-Reed.

Old 01-19-2023, 01:42 PM

50,730 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
Hannah Gutierrez-Reed is the name of the armorer/weapons handler and I feel the media should put her name out there in the headlines as often as they do Alec Baldwin. Don't forget... Hannah Gutierrez-Reed.
I feel bad for her. I don't blame her. This was her first job. She was hired for a job that IMO she wasn't experienced enough for, with no mentor or supervision, because Baldwin wanted the cheapest people possible. And she will pay a steep price for that, in addition to the victim. I don't see any reason to need to shame her.

Old 01-19-2023, 01:47 PM

50,255 posts, read 47,017,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I feel bad for her. I don't blame her. This was her first job. She was hired for a job that IMO she wasn't experienced enough for, with no mentor or supervision, because Baldwin wanted the cheapest people possible. And she will pay a steep price for that, in addition to the victim. I don't see any reason to need to shame her.
Welp, they are both stupid. They used real firearms and didn't know how to clear them. My daughter knew how to clear a handgun at age 8.

Old 01-19-2023, 02:03 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,700 posts, read 58,022,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
This loaded weapon / prop was Hannah Gutierrez-Reed responsibility, and she is the first of the primary parties that needs to face charges. It won't end with only her being charged, nor should it. There is no reason to use a functional weapon as a movie prop. There is no need for anyone on a movie set to be armed with live rounds. Security company excluded, but very low need to expect armed security is needed apart from the entrance to a secured site.

Old 01-19-2023, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Wrong. This was her second job, not first. "The Old Way" was her first experience as head armorer. Nicholas Cage had a lot to say about her carelessness. Also, please keep in mind that she is the daughter of prominent Hollywood armorer, Thell Reed. That seems like a pretty good mentor to me.

I'm trying to find the article referring to Nicholas Cage ripping her a new one because of things she was doing wrong on the set of The Old Way.

Here's one of many articles about her:

https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/rust-a...o-child-actor/

Last edited by geebabe; 01-19-2023 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-19-2023, 03:16 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,143,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
This loaded weapon / prop was Hannah Gutierrez-Reed responsibility, and she is the first of the primary parties that needs to face charges. It won't end with only her being charged, nor should it. There is no reason to use a functional weapon as a movie prop. There is no need for anyone on a movie set to be armed with live rounds. Security company excluded, but very low need to expect armed security is needed apart from the entrance to a secured site.
Not trying to be argumentative...just pondering...Why WAS there a gun with live rounds? Anyone know?

Old 01-19-2023, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post

I agree with you. Here's an NPR article with the three people who were charged so far. One of them took a plea.

https://www.npr.org/2023/01/19/11499...-rust-shooting

Quote:
In addition to those charges, assistant director David Halls "has signed a plea deal for the charge of negligent use of a deadly weapon," according to the announcement.

"If any one of these three people—Alec Baldwin, Hannah Gutierrez-Reed or David Halls—had done their job, Halyna Hutchins would be alive today," said Andrea Reeb, the special prosecutor appointed by Carmack-Altwies. "It's that simple."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events