Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2023, 10:27 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I didn't read what you're saying.. What I saw was that he took a cinder block and smashed her face with it.. Then drug the body out into the ocean.

Though.. The last part there is a bit strange.. You would think the surf would carry the body back in.. But.. Tides, I suppose.
I'm guessing it got eaten, sharks or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2023, 10:57 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,190,360 times
Quote:
I didn't read what you're saying.. What I saw was that he took a cinder block and smashed her face with it.. Then drug the body out into the ocean.

Though.. The last part there is a bit strange.. You would think the surf would carry the body back in.. But.. Tides, I suppose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I'm guessing it got eaten, sharks or something.
In warm waters of Aruba the marine life devours the body very fast; sometimes in a matter of hours.
The skeletal remains sink, covered by silt, sand, etc - not easy to find right away, breaking up eventually too..

https://www.sciencefocus.com/the-hum...compose-at-sea

FWIW, I don’t trust him - he is a psychopath, drug addict?, the lying SOB.

Wouldn't be surprised that he may not even remember the details, but made up some story to get Beth off his back and put this case behind him.
Whatever works for a mother and makes her feel better; glad she believes him and hope she gets some closure.

Last edited by L00k4ward; 10-19-2023 at 11:22 AM..

Old 10-19-2023, 12:35 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times
I cannot say what I really want to say on here because I would be banned. But someone needs to throw him into the ocean and be done with it already

Old 10-19-2023, 01:31 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
In warm waters of Aruba the marine life devours the body very fast; sometimes in a matter of hours.
The skeletal remains sink, covered by silt, sand, etc - not easy to find right away, breaking up eventually too..

https://www.sciencefocus.com/the-hum...compose-at-sea

FWIW, I don’t trust him - he is a psychopath, drug addict?, the lying SOB.

Wouldn't be surprised that he may not even remember the details, but made up some story to get Beth off his back and put this case behind him.
Whatever works for a mother and makes her feel better; glad she believes him and hope she gets some closure.

I get what you are saying and I have no reason to doubt.. It's just.. How far out would he have to carry the body in order for it to be taken out to sea vs coming back in and washing up on the beach?

It doesn't seem right from a 'common sense' standpoint.. But.. The problem is.. I am no expert.. Not even close, in surf/tidal dynamics..

So.. I have to allow for the fact that.. I just have to believe what others say. Including him.

While it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me that he'd carry the body, which, right after death, would have sunk.. Far enough out that it wouldn't wash back in on the beach.. All while not being seen.

It's.. A bit difficult to swallow.

BUT.. Honestly.. I don't think he's lying about it. And, even if he is.. What he's not lying about is that he killed her. So.. To be honest.. Even if it's not the truth.. The parents accept it and it brings peace to them.. I'm not going to question it.

Old 10-19-2023, 01:57 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,148,580 times
Quote:

And sharks, and crabs, etc. maybe?

Old 10-25-2023, 12:32 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,109,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I totally forgot that he also killed Stefany Flores. Wow. Can't believe he impregnated someone while in prison. Sad that he was able to KILL again AND have a baby.
And I read he divorced her and has a new girlfriend! Who are these disgusting women? I feel bad for the child - psychopathic father who is likely not in her life whatsoever (hopefully) and a mother with extremely poor judgment.

Old 10-28-2023, 01:40 PM

843 posts, read 564,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It sounds like Peru is also not stupid - they're passing him on to the US to house him.
He's NOT staying here in a US prison. He's going back to Peru soon. He was only transferred the US temporarily to stand trial. Every article states this. Why do people not understand this fact?

https://people.com/joran-van-der-slo...ecords-8363650

Quote:
Peru granted the “temporary surrender” of van der Sloot to stand trial in Alabama before returning to Peru to finish his sentence, U.S. federal prosecutors said in a statement this summer.

The American sentence will run concurrently with his Peruvian one, but if officials there release him early, he will serve the remainder of the 20 years in the U.S.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/18/us/jo...day/index.html

Quote:
But Van der Sloot is scheduled to spend the next two decades behind bars in Peru.

In addition to his 28-year prison sentence for murdering Flores, van der Sloot was also convicted in 2021 of trafficking cocaine into his Peruvian prison. He was sentenced to an additional 18 years in Peru, according to a sentencing memorandum.

“Because Peruvian law prohibits prison sentences from exceeding a total of 35 years (unless given a life sentence), the Defendant is currently scheduled for release from prison in Peru on or about June 10, 2045 (35 years after his original arrest in Peru),” the court document states.

But Peruvian officials allowed his temporary release to the US in June to face the extortion and wire fraud charges.

Last edited by KO Stradivarius; 10-28-2023 at 01:48 PM..

Old 02-29-2024, 10:50 AM

I realize this is an old thread, but I saw an update about him and it made me think of this thread. So many of us didn't want him to serve his sentence in the U.S. because we assumed jail was much harsher in Peru. Turns out, conjugal visits are considered a RIGHT for prisoners there, for their "mental health and rehabilitation". He is currently getting conjugal visits by THREE different women, including his ex-wife (married after his conviction), whom he recently impregnated.

Aside from WTH is wrong with Peru, what the heck is wrong with these women???

https://www.foxnews.com/us/peru-allo...rehabilitation

Old 02-29-2024, 10:53 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I realize this is an old thread, but I saw an update about him and it made me think of this thread. So many of us didn't want him to serve his sentence in the U.S. because we assumed jail was much harsher in Peru. Turns out, conjugal visits are considered a RIGHT for prisoners there, for their "mental health and rehabilitation". He is currently getting conjugal visits by THREE different women, including his ex-wife, who he recently impregnated.

Aside from WTH is wrong with Peru, what the heck is wrong with these women???

https://www.foxnews.com/us/peru-allo...rehabilitation
Its strange indeed. However, apparently prisoners in Peru have a right to conjugal visits.

There is also no death penalty in Peru. They do things a little differently than we do in the USA

The prison though is probably a horrific place to spend any time.

Old 02-29-2024, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Its strange indeed. However, apparently prisoners in Peru have a right to conjugal visits.

There is also no death penalty in Peru. They do things a little differently than we do in the USA

The prison though is probably a horrific place to spend any time.
That’s what I would have thought, but now I don’t know. Would the women want to go there and have sex there if it’s so awful?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events