Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2023, 03:53 PM

11,081 posts, read 6,898,296 times

Advertisements

Of course. I didn't say otherwise! I just stated that her defense or part of it will likely be that she was "coerced" or "brainwashed" by Jodi Hildebrandt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2023, 12:35 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
I too experienced almost unmentionable abuse in a "good Christian" household. It happens a lot more than people think.

Old 09-08-2023, 10:10 AM

Heartbreaking. Full 911 call with the boy's voice in the background saying he was "responsible for the treatment he received."

All new, no endless repeats of what we already know. The neighbors knew already of problems with this woman. They knew that Jody Hildebrandt is a "bad lady." That's what the gentleman called her.

https://youtu.be/cGA9Tu40ySY?si=4ROW8QnJ-ezsDWFE

Old 09-08-2023, 10:22 AM

3,649 posts, read 1,604,549 times
There is a new interview with Jodi's niece, Jessi Hildebrandt, on Mormon Stories youtube who describes growing up Mormon, becoming lgbtq, and was very unhappy as a teen. Conflicts with her parents came to the point that her parents left her at Jodi's one day and then took off. Jessi had no idea her parents had planned to leave her in the care of Jodi.

This is a few years back before the arrests. Jessi, 15 at the time I think, was now in Jodi's care and living in Jodi's house. Jodi began to 'treat' Jessi. Right off the bat this is unethical. A therapist should not treat a family member. Or, have a client live with the therapist.

What Jessi describes living in Jodi's 'care' is horrific. Jessi was told she was evil, a sinner and the devil lived inside her. She had 'treatment' like running up and down a mountain for 6 hours.

When driven somewhere by Jodi she was told to get down on the floor of the car so no one would see her.

Jessi was so evil that Jodi said she should not be around other children that were in Jodi's house at times, because it would be a bad influence on the others. I think not being around other children came up in the police report. This is why.

If Jessi was in the kitchen and her brother wanted to come into the kitchen Jessi would have to leave the kitchen first. Jessi says at times Jodi had duct taped her mouth. Another use of the duct tape. And on and on. I think Jessi lived with Jodi about a year or so. Jessi is only now speaking up because Jody was arrested.

Jodi got most of her clients from referrals from the church.

Old 09-08-2023, 10:31 AM

It just gets worse and worse, all these details dribbling out. And think of all of the myriad cases that are going on around the country that we don't even know about where the same thing is happening - for years.

Old 09-08-2023, 10:52 AM

7,143 posts, read 4,552,321 times
CPS workers have a horrendous job with little control over the outcome. Yes some social workers are negligent but more often than not the judge sends these kids home to be abused again. Many foster homes struggle because the kids have so many issues and some just do it for the money. I lasted 4 years until I went back to graduate school for a different career.

The final straw was one of my coworkers was brutally murdered in her home because she was trying to terminate parental rights on a few horrible cases. We knew a client was responsible but it took 20 years to prove it. I shared cases with her and decided that the work was too dangerous.

Old 09-08-2023, 11:07 AM

6,308 posts, read 4,203,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Of course. I didn't say otherwise! I just stated that her defense or part of it will likely be that she was "coerced" or "brainwashed" by Jodi Hildebrandt.
I totally got what you were saying

Old 09-08-2023, 12:18 PM

From the video, it seems that RF, the 12 yr old boy, kind of knew where his mother was, but she wasn't at the house at the time he escaped. That's what it seemed like. I have to go back and listen to that part again. I had just been thinking while listening that I'll bet it was Jodi who duct taped him, but of course we know that his mother was likely capable of doing it too.

What I found odd is that he said the other girls in the house were "fine". What does that really mean? Seems like the police said there were health issues with the girls as well. We'll find out soon enough.

This young boy is a hero, he likely saved himself and his siblings from a far worse fate. Like others have said, it's ominous and does give Lori Daybell vibes. I hope the children don't end up in horrible foster homes like the children in Riverside, CA.

Last edited by pathrunner; 09-08-2023 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 09-08-2023, 02:40 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,092,925 times
Here is the unedited recording of the 911 call without all the unnecessary commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UwerRPwnws

Old 09-08-2023, 02:53 PM

6,308 posts, read 4,203,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Here is the unedited recording of the 911 call without all the unnecessary commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UwerRPwnws
Omg to listen to this man try not to cry is gut wrenching because you know it’s bad..poor children .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events