Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2024, 12:30 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times

Advertisements

This poor family. There's endless scrutiny over every single thing.

On Monday, Middleton herself claimed responsibility for the tampering in a post on the royal couples' X account: “Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing. I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused."

As of Monday morning in the US, the original Instagram post remains up.

https://www.wired.com/story/kate-mid...racy-theories/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2024, 01:25 PM

6,569 posts, read 4,962,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post

On Monday, Middleton herself claimed responsibility for the tampering in a post on the royal couples' X account: “Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing. I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused."

Much ado over nothing IMO! I'm sure it's not the first time one of their pix has been touched up but of course the internet couldn't leave this one alone. Someone even thinks they dropped a face shot of Kate from 2016 into yesterdays pic!

I can see Kate stomping her foot and saying "Those little buggers, see if I let them see me again until I am good and ready"!

I applaud them for not releasing the original because the trolls will just pick that apart too.

Old 03-13-2024, 10:05 AM

50,762 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Whatever the truth is about her health or the specific surgery, it's going to come out sooner or later. Better to just be up front about it.

Do I have sympathy about their privacy? Not really. She chose to marry the future king of England. Little privacy? Is that a big surprise? He chooses to remain the heir apparent. Little privacy? Surprise. And they live like royalty (because they are) off the public dole.

Don't get me wrong. I like them. Seem like pretty decent and responsible people.

Old 03-13-2024, 10:19 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post

The response is written like they were caught erasing a few wrinkles or a double chin. The reality is the photo was very clearly not shot last week as claimed (the kids are all wearing the same outfits as they wore at an event in November and Kate's face looks nothing like her face from the recent photo with Carole Middleton - and that's without considering how unlikely she would be to wear tight jeans so soon after major abdominal surgery) and is so obviously manipulated that it calls into question if it's a real photo at all. The photo was not simply "touched up," but is much more likely completely fabricated.

My question is what on earth are their comms teams doing? I've worked in this industry for more than a decade. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is going out without multiple levels of review. This shouldn't have passed beyond an intern in their first week's desk. Even if they didn't zoom in to see all the glaring details, how could anyone miss that the hands that were edited in are missing her iconic ring?

Old 04-08-2024, 02:45 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh step in for King Charles on Entente Cordiale anniversary
The King continues to be absent from his public-facing royal duties as he undergoes cancer treatment, with Edward and Sophie stepping in for the monarch.

https://news.sky.com/story/duke-and-...rsary-13110826

Old 04-08-2024, 05:22 PM

27,134 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Whatever the truth is about her health or the specific surgery, it's going to come out sooner or later. Better to just be up front about it.

Do I have sympathy about their privacy? Not really. She chose to marry the future king of England. Little privacy? Is that a big surprise? He chooses to remain the heir apparent. Little privacy? Surprise. And they live like royalty (because they are) off the public dole.

Don't get me wrong. I like them. Seem like pretty decent and responsible people.
The Royals are under no obligation to continually update the nation in terms of their private life or personal issues such as their health, and can even decide to permanently step down from Royal duties for 'personal reasons' without any public explanation if they so wish.

The Royals have the same rights in terms of their personal information as anyone else, and are covered by the same laws, and no one has a right to access another persons medical records and those involved in medical care have a legal duty of confidentiality.

It is up to the individual as to whether they wish to make a statement to the public regarding their health or other such personal matters, and it is not something that can be demanded of anyone or which is part of some imaginary duty.

In terms of all the conspiracy theories regarding the photograph they are just pure nonsense, and the same is true of the later video featuring Kate in which talks about her health, which was filmed by BBC Studios, and not the Palace.

Last edited by Brave New World; 04-08-2024 at 05:31 PM..

Old 04-08-2024, 08:07 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
People seem to delight in repeating the obvious here. I don't think anyone is arguing that they are "obligated" to share.

Old 04-09-2024, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
People seem to delight in repeating the obvious here. I don't think anyone is arguing that they are "obligated" to share.
You're correct. They have no legal obligation. Any legal obligation is not even a talking point.

The point is, they are a family living on the public dole. For any of them to expect privacy in a PUBLIC role which they have chosen to accept is simply not very bright. Better to just be relatively open about what is happening in their lives -- not just when they want the public to support them, but even when they might wish a bit more privacy. And, in the thread about Catherine, within a day or so after her 'chat', the posts pretty much ended.

And that is what these very public people -- royals, politicians, performers -- OFTEN fail to understand. In the end, the truth almost always comes out, whether they like it or not. Better to just be a bit open to the people who care about them, whatever the reason.

Old 04-09-2024, 12:32 PM

8,479 posts, read 6,878,349 times
I understand that the Royal Family does positive things. Do charity work, promote tourism and represent the history and traditions of the country. But it’s all something like a never ending soap opera watched by millions all over the world for entertainment and never ending gossip. I wonder if the Royals tire of the whole business.

Old 04-10-2024, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
I understand that the Royal Family does positive things. Do charity work, promote tourism and represent the history and traditions of the country. But it’s all something like a never ending soap opera watched by millions all over the world for entertainment and never ending gossip. I wonder if the Royals tire of the whole business.
They're not required to remain "royals".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events