Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2024, 01:05 PM

22,823 posts, read 6,432,246 times

Advertisements

It’s like a tease….she had abdominal surgery, but not what kind. He has cancer, but not what kind. Keep the people wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2024, 03:26 PM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
At first I thought hysterectomy, but that's not terribly serious. It does seem concerning -- and mysterious!

I was thinking hernia, but.. yeah, that's usually pretty minimal these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
Melanoma can arise in many locations other than the skin, such as inside your nose, moth, and sinuses, inside the eye, inside the vagina, or underneath your fingernails and toenails. And melanoma arising in these sites has nothing to do with sun exposure. It's an odd disease in that respect.

go with the definition of melanoma. It's cancer of the pigment giving parts of the skin, which.. melanocytes.. Aren't necessarily JUST on skin.

Old 02-07-2024, 06:24 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,230,252 times
With regard to Princess Catherine, the Royal Family has specifically stated that she did not have cancer. The obvious conclusion is that she had a hysterectomy.

The public statement aligns almost exactly with recovery guidelines for a hysterectomy--no sudden movements for 2 weeks, no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 6. Plenty of women remark how difficult it is to follow these guidelines. A rambuctious child, the instinct to catch something falling, the risk of tripping or slipping..all of these things can tear internal stitches or cause another setback in recovery. Even with all the royal staff, it wouldn't totally ensure her smooth recovery. And her position is important. She is almost certainly the future queen. The medical team didn't dare send her home the way the rest of us get shipped off.

As for King Charles, Downing Street (who has now talked with the King) let it slip that his cancer was 'caught early' so that's a hopeful sign that it is not a cancer that is late stage or metastasized. I agree with the other suppositions...bladder or colon or skin cancer seem to be the most likely.

Old 02-07-2024, 10:02 PM

10,059 posts, read 14,929,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I've always wondered why Queen Elizabeth didn't retire earlier so that Charles could be king longer. It would be a shame if he didn't make it when he waited so long to be "king". Not that he has any power but the monarchy will go on.
He is king. No one knows for how long any king remains such. Take John F Kennedy as an example (not a king, but work with me here, lol.) Who knew his president term was going to be shorter than stipulated by law? Sometimes the unexpected happens.

Old 02-08-2024, 05:14 AM

17,280 posts, read 21,998,333 times
I think of the Alanis Morrisette song, Ironic.

Lyrics include: win the lottery, die the next day, meeting the man of your dreams and his beautiful wife, then the chorus isn't it ironic..........Charles has waited his whole life for this "Kingdom" and 18 months later he has cancer........

Old 02-08-2024, 08:23 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
The only times I recall Kate going down for the count in the past is when she was having terrible morning sickness during her previous pregnancies. She's had 3 kids and it's possible that she could have damaged her cervix during their births and would have needed a cerclage had she become pregnant again.

I do wonder if she might be pregnant. She's in her 40's now and her doctor might want her to rest during the first trimester or so. Maybe they are keeping things quiet because she is advanced maternal age and she doesn't want to crowd source her medical decisions or have others whining about how special her care is.

Old 02-08-2024, 10:20 AM

7,244 posts, read 7,066,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
The only times I recall Kate going down for the count in the past is when she was having terrible morning sickness during her previous pregnancies. She's had 3 kids and it's possible that she could have damaged her cervix during their births and would have needed a cerclage had she become pregnant again.

I do wonder if she might be pregnant. She's in her 40's now and her doctor might want her to rest during the first trimester or so. Maybe they are keeping things quiet because she is advanced maternal age and she doesn't want to crowd source her medical decisions or have others whining about how special her care is.
Or maybe she had something like an ectopic pregnancy that had to be surgically removed.

Old 02-08-2024, 10:35 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Or maybe she had something like an ectopic pregnancy that had to be surgically removed.
I suppose that could have happened but being put on rest until after Easter for an ectopic pregnancy seems like a long recovery time.

Old 02-08-2024, 10:37 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Her surgery was apparently scheduled in advance. Not something that happens with ectopic pregnancies.

Old 02-08-2024, 03:19 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,146,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
I think of the Alanis Morrisette song, Ironic.

Lyrics include: win the lottery, die the next day, meeting the man of your dreams and his beautiful wife, then the chorus isn't it ironic..........Charles has waited his whole life for this "Kingdom" and 18 months later he has cancer........
Ehhh he's had a good run.

How horrible it is to have to have one's medical issues become a global story. Ugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events