Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2024, 01:01 PM

5,573 posts, read 6,498,880 times

Advertisements

according to the article I just read. It was found during his surgery for an enlarged prostate, of which the biopsy results were benign. What a kick in he pants for him, his family and those who support him/the British family. I wish him a full recovery.

https://www.aol.com/news/king-charle...180004711.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2024, 01:42 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,282,508 times
Hopefully, it's one of the ones they can fully treat or remove. I also wish him the best.

Old 02-05-2024, 04:22 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
I would presume based on it likely being found during the prostate surgery that maybe we're looking at a colon cancer or perhaps bladder cancer situation here. With the latter being probably more likely.

The problem.. Bladder cancer doesn't have great survivability if it's spread. Not unlike most other cancers.

Old 02-05-2024, 05:22 PM

9,521 posts, read 16,503,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I would presume based on it likely being found during the prostate surgery that maybe we're looking at a colon cancer or perhaps bladder cancer situation here. With the latter being probably more likely.

The problem.. Bladder cancer doesn't have great survivability if it's spread. Not unlike most other cancers.
Yes quite possibly Bladder Cancer which could be why, there is no mention of the type Cancer found. Your correct Bladder Cancer once it has spread, then there is little chance of survivability.

I wish the King well and hopefully, whatever the cancer is it was found early.

Old 02-06-2024, 04:52 AM

5,451 posts, read 6,033,033 times
They are making great strides with immunotherapy over the past few years.

Old 02-06-2024, 05:10 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
They are making great strides with immunotherapy over the past few years.
My husband had polyps that were being taken away when two other cancers were discovered early.. hes had one operation to remove a tumour and tests since have shown no new growths in the area... he has also had hormone therapy and radiotherapy for prostate cancer.. now all clear..so things have changed over the years in cancer care and developement... and of course catching it all early... wish the King all the best with his health... and that it has been also caught early...

Old 02-06-2024, 08:13 AM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
My stepdad has colon cancer, in fact, he's going in for surgery today for a lobectomy to remove half of one of his lungs because it's spread there. The liver, they're just saying "Hell, let be". He's been through radiation and 2 rounds of chemo.

Frankly.. I probably would have said screw it at this point. I've watched hm and my brother go through it.. Seems they just lead you on that "oh, it's not a problem" just one more thing to take care of it.. until the next.

I just get melanomas cut off about once a year.

Old 02-06-2024, 08:15 AM

27,133 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
My stepdad has colon cancer, in fact, he's going in for surgery today for a lobectomy to remove half of one of his lungs because it's spread there. The liver, they're just saying "Hell, let be". He's been through radiation and 2 rounds of chemo.

Frankly.. I probably would have said screw it at this point. I've watched hm and my brother go through it.. Seems they just lead you on that "oh, it's not a problem" just one more thing to take care of it.. until the next.

I just get melanomas cut off about once a year.

I think the most likely types of cancer in that region of the body (other than prostrate cancer) are bladder and bowel cancer with both being highly treatable if caught early, which seems to be the case.

The late Queen Elizabeth II side of the family do have a history of cancer, however this was often linked to heavy smoking which was the case in relation to the late Queen Elizabeth II own father King George VI who died on 6 February 1952, whilst the late Queen herself passed away due to bone cancer, although she was 96 years old.

Obviously the King will receive the best possible treatment however depending on how ill the King is, it may be sensible to consider William becoming Prince regent in order to allow the King to rest and fully recover, as well as to take some of the work load and responsibility from his shoulders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Telegraph

The risk of developing cancer increases with age and more people receive a diagnosis during their 70s than in any other decade.

Prostate cancer is the most common kind in men aged 75 and over, accounting for 25 per cent of cases a year, but the Palace confirmed that the monarch, who turned 75 last November, did not have the condition.

Lung cancer is the second most common, accounting for 16 per cent of cancers in those aged 75 and older. While smoking is the leading cause of lung cancer, King Charles has not smoked since he tried cigarettes as a schoolboy.

Bowel cancer (Colorectal Cancer) is the third most common form of the disease, accounting for 14 per cent of cancers in men who are 75 years old and older. Symptoms include blood in the bowel or stools.

Bladder cancer is the fourth most common, and makes up six per cent of cancers in men of the King’s age. Symptoms are similar to that of an enlarged prostate, or prostate cancer, which includes a frequent need to urinate, a burning sensation and blood in the urine. The reason the symptoms are similar is because an enlarged prostate pushes on the bladder and the tube taking the urine from the bladder to leave the body.

The King’s diagnosis: What kind of cancer does he have? - The Telegraph

Old 02-06-2024, 08:45 AM

21,881 posts, read 12,936,608 times
Prostate; not prostrate. Poor luckless Charles! He just can't catch a break. Raised by nannies, lost the love of his life, endured a disastrous marriage, waited decades to start his job, king for a year, and now he'll probably have to abdicate. I hear Harry has scurried over there, presumably to get written back into the will. I'm a Charles fan and wish him well.

Old 02-06-2024, 08:53 AM

3,246 posts, read 1,739,106 times
Cancer sucks. I lost two friends to cancer this year both too young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events