Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2024, 05:08 PM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Those are some good observations. I don't know if the authorities have been able to thoroughly check that drainage ditch or not. From what I understand Jason had ordered a food delivery so that he would have something to eat later in the day. I don't know if he had taken that inside or not. I believe the delivery was made and the bag of food was found at his apt. It just seems like a weird time for him to leave and check out storm drain tunnels. And that drainage ditch does not look very inviting - it's basically a water filled ditch that goes on for a ways before going underground.

But you never know what might compel a person to do something odd like that.

"Hey.. doggie.. You lost? Come here.. No, don't run away.. Oh, I've got to get you and find your home.." Splash

Honestly.. That's all it takes and is something that no one would really even consider.. until you find out.. That's what happened, then it's obvious.. If they haven't searched that drainage ditch THOROUGHLY by this point.. Something's wrong with them. That's.. Search and Rescue 101 there.

they should have searched it all the way back to where it appears to go underground, and drug hooks through it by this point.

I'd think.. by this time.. There'd be an odor..So, that's another thing.. That drainage ditch doesn't look overly deep.. No barges to keep him trapped underwater there. If he's still in the area.. He isn't smelling all that good.

Sad to say, but sometimes people need to be told.. "Hey, if you've noticed an odd aroma in the past week or two.. Let the police know". That's a common trope as well. Someone is discovered in their house, been dead for months and the downstairs neighbor is on the news saying "We noticed an odd smell... but didn't think anything about it"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2024, 05:11 PM

86 posts, read 17,931 times
I live near a popular recreation river that is active in the summer. Looks to be a slow moving river, but it is deceptive. That and every year about 6 people drown. Nearly always it is young men between 16 and 25 and 9 times out of ten they were known to have been drinking heavily. Accident from being drunk. Could be the same thing here? Very sad, always.

Last edited by gofunme; 03-25-2024 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: forgot to add sad

Old 03-25-2024, 06:23 PM

17,567 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofunme View Post
I live near a popular recreation river that is active in the summer. Looks to be a slow moving river, but it is deceptive. That and every year about 6 people drown. Nearly always it is young men between 16 and 25 and 9 times out of ten they were known to have been drinking heavily. Accident from being drunk. Could be the same thing here? Very sad, always.

Don't think there's any indication he was drinking. Or a drug user. as always.. Anything is possible.

The Chattooga River here is a "Wild and Scenic" river.. it's where they filmed Deliverance. I'll wait while you get the "Squeal.. Squeal like a piggy" out of your system.

People don't respect it, either. Several times over the past 20 years.. Someone has been swept away and.. Pinned by the currents for months. They knew right where they were, but couldn't get them out because the rapids were so severe. Just had to wait for the water levels to drop where they could block it off and recover the body.

that being said.. I see nothing of that nature around him. Although... There is a big-ass body of water called Corpus Christi Bay right there.. One would think that would have enough people on it that if he wound up there, he'd be found, but..

Old 03-25-2024, 09:22 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
"Hey.. doggie.. You lost? Come here.. No, don't run away.. Oh, I've got to get you and find your home.." Splash

Honestly.. That's all it takes and is something that no one would really even consider.. until you find out.. That's what happened, then it's obvious.. If they haven't searched that drainage ditch THOROUGHLY by this point.. Something's wrong with them. That's.. Search and Rescue 101 there.

they should have searched it all the way back to where it appears to go underground, and drug hooks through it by this point.

I'd think.. by this time.. There'd be an odor..So, that's another thing.. That drainage ditch doesn't look overly deep.. No barges to keep him trapped underwater there. If he's still in the area.. He isn't smelling all that good.

Sad to say, but sometimes people need to be told.. "Hey, if you've noticed an odd aroma in the past week or two.. Let the police know". That's a common trope as well. Someone is discovered in their house, been dead for months and the downstairs neighbor is on the news saying "We noticed an odd smell... but didn't think anything about it"
I suppose it's possible that his phone fell into that drainage ditch and he went in after it. At this point, it's as good a theory as any. One would think that the police have already searched the ditch and brought tracking dogs to the scene. But "one would think" doesn't always happen.

On a side note, I keep messing this kid's name up for some reason. This young man's name is Caleb Harris.

Jason Landry is a TX college student who went missing 3 years ago on his drive home for Christmas break. He has never been found.

Old 03-27-2024, 08:37 AM

2,458 posts, read 2,473,619 times
Here's a through discussion on the Caleb Harris disappearance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVP79XocqQw

Old 03-27-2024, 08:58 AM

17,142 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Here's a through discussion on the Caleb Harris disappearance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVP79XocqQw
Oh Gosh, not her again...

Old 03-27-2024, 09:38 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,482,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Oh Gosh, not her again...
I was lucky (unlucky) enough to have a client in Tuscaloosa during the Natalee Holloway disappearance. I travelled to Birmingham weekly to go to Tuscaloosa and Nancy Grace was on every TV and radio news show at that time. I can't watch her to this day.

Old 03-28-2024, 04:49 PM

8,209 posts, read 3,479,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
It was reported the corpse had a shirt on! No mystery here folks...a drunk college spring breaker meets a bad end...my heart goes out to his parents... it is a devastating loss.
He was not wearing pants or his boots and his wallet was gone. He also had no water in his lungs.

Old 03-28-2024, 06:56 PM

8,209 posts, read 3,479,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
He was not wearing pants or his boots and his wallet was gone. He also had no water in his lungs.
https://youtu.be/vcu38CX0Ako?si=CJJGpsdtxXRQEgNL

Old 03-28-2024, 07:45 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
There is definitely some weirdness in all of this.

He still had his Apple watch on and some of those are waterproof. I wonder if it's possible that they could get data off that - like heart rate, walking rate, etc. I'm not sure exactly what all an Apple Watch records.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events